1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cheifs Berry---lymphoma???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Eli Haugen, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    This guy Berry has had my attention since he came in the league. Blew his knee a few years back, and came back strong. I was real happy to see the Chiefs doing well. and with Poe, Berry leading a stout defense. Alex Smith, the guy that gave Rodgers his chip on his shoulder:). I was hoping to see them make it to the superbowl.... So Rodgers can slam an exclamation point to finish that chapter of the history books. Rodgers breaking records and 2nd MVP/ring/ Superbowl MVP......

Sad thing is this young safety Eric Berry found a "mass in his chest" last thursday... They say it is probabally Lymphoma?!?! Im mean................ Thats devestating.......... I feel real bad for him and truely hope this works out for him.....

That said. Chiefs arent as good without him.......

2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    I didn't grow a moustache for Movember so I guess I'll have to go out and get a pair of these instead since there is only a few days left.

[​IMG]

3. ls1bob

ls1bob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +96
    It is so sad,a young man that is hit with this disease. On an upside I heard his comments to the Chief's fans and his teammates and the young man has a positive attitude and plans to beat it and come back. Prayers to him,his family,and friends

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    Sometimes a lot of fans forget about the fact that professional athletes are human beings and see them more like Gladiators not having problems of their own.

Best wishes to Berry and his family and I'm hoping for a full recovery.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SoonerPack

SoonerPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +376
    Kid is a warrior on the field and I am sure he is one off it as well. This young man will be in my prayers. You got this brother!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    top 5 secondary player I have seen during his college years. Kid was a BEAST. Hopeful to see him rebound and have a strong career after this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,695
    Hodgkins Lymphoma was confirmed today. The prognosis is very good if it was caught early (stage I).

The 5 year survival rate is 95% for someone in his age group according to one British study without reference to the stage of the disease. The American Cancer Society puts it at 90% for stage I and 65% for stage IV without reference to age.

Given his age, fitness as a pro athlete and the fact he should have the resources to enlist the best in the field, the odds are high he'll come out of it OK.

8. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Yep. I had a friend with Hodgkin's Lymphoma a few years ago and he beat it.

Berry is young, positive, and presumably, they caught it early. I have no doubt he'll get top notch treatment. While cancer is always scary, the odds of this story turning out tragic are small, and that's a great thing.

9. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    Probably the most important factor is his positive attitude. It does more than people realize in fighting disease.

• Agree Agree x 1