1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Charles woodson speaks out on radio today......

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dogpackerz, Oct 6, 2010.

1. dogpackerz

dogpackerz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    Chuck Woodson spoke on jim rome today, and said it would have been ideal for the packers to get Lynch. But its out of the players hands. They have to perform and finish what they started.. You can tell by CWoodson voice he was a little discouraged.

2. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Bill's fans must be the most discouraged. They could merely get a 4th and a conditional pick for him. For a 1st rounder, that had to sting.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Woodson since 2008 gets really pissed when we don't perform, and wants older players.

But guess what Woodson? It wasn't Shields who was allowing TDs to Johnson. It wasn't Bulaga who was holding his way out of TDs. It wasn't Swain who fumbled the freaking ball. It wasn't Nance or Starks who weren't being able to run the ball.

It's the VETS who aren't playing well on this team. Get your **** together and stop making excuses for not playing well.

Up until the second half of the Lions game, you were playing LIKE CRAP Woodson. Like CRAP.

You know who were bailing you out on D, man? Tramon Williams and Clay Matthews. 2 young guys. And on offense? Rodgers and Jennings.

4. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    I couldn't agree with you more. Their is no way C Johnson should have came down with that ball in the corner of the endzone. He only had to knock it down. He also got away with a couple sure penalties.

5. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    This is true. But Wood knows he's always gonna make up the bad plays he has, and he does. I think he gets a little frustrated because he's the only guy that's been consistently talking SuperBowl for the past couple years, and look at how he's performed. He knows he's not getting any younger, and he'd like to get things going ASAP. The guy wants and deserves a ring.

6. dogpackerz

dogpackerz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    ask Leroy Butler how it helped adding veteran players when were missing a few pieces 2 the puzzle?
    Eugene Robinson ???????...... anyone remember him

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    That was more on Martin than on Woodson IMHO, Johnson is simply much more athletic than Woodson, Martin should've made a play for the ball, but it's on Woodson two. And it's not the first one in the year he lets get past him. He also missed 4 tackles (though he made 11 I think)
    I'm not complaining about Woodson's play, actually.
    But if HE's gonna complain, he better be the best player on the team, and he's not right now. He was last year, and he was in 08, but not right now.

I don't think he's being selfish, as he's more bitching than actually complaining and distracting, but it's more that this team has the talent. I don't want to hear any excuses, I want them focused for 60 minutes during 16 seasons, goddammit!

8. dogpackerz

dogpackerz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    woodson wasnt complaining.....he was asked a question and he answered it...

9. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Of course I remember him. I talked to him on a flight from Seattle to Atlanta, a few months before he got arrested for trying to pick up a Hooker! :happy0005:

10. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    Woodson was being very PC in the interview with Rome, but you definitely hear that he is discouraged, just like you heard it in MM's voice in the press conference today. It's depressing.

11. dogpackerz

dogpackerz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
  12. dogpackerz

dogpackerz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    AMEN SISTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McChubbie knows he has David Koresh leading this organization, i mean compound...

13. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    WhatchuTalkinBoutWillis? I must be too young to remember that. :crazy:

I hate this **** even on other teams (unrest in the kingdom)....I -used- to love the fact that the Pack were all about football, not coke, not retarded endzone dances........This is just turning in to a soap opera...

14. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    1 more thing, and not to hijack this thread....I dont want to start a thread on this but Ive been wondering. Have the Packers ever had a black qb? starter? Just 1 reply please, as not to hijack this....

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    I agree I didnt hear him say what the OP claimed he said tho

16. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Swiiiing and a miss... You couldn't be more wrong. Woodson didn't play great in the first half, but to hang that TD on him is ridiculous. Borderline nuts. It was a well placed ball and Johnson only has about two feet on Woodson when it's all said and done (Vert, Arm length, height). And if Woodson doesn't take that one to the house, do we even beat the Lions?

Collins is the one not coming up with any interceptions when they consistently hit his hands. I also love how our offense consistently goes 3 and out when they clearly need to sustain a drive.

It's actually a bunch of crap that you would even try to hang anything on Woodson.

17. dogpackerz

dogpackerz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    i agree
    woodson is a beast