1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

CB Routt

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    The Raiders dropped him and he is a great player. Do we pick him up if he is available? We practically give up nothing.

2. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    I like it....however....AJ Hawk and his god damn money make this impossible.

3. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I wouldn't mind it. It's an improvement from what we currently have. Routt is probably one of the better CB's around. Not one of the elite but certainly a solid player.

If there is one move in the offseason I hope we make it's washing our hands of AJ Hawk. He sucks and he's overpaid. I'd rather put DJ Smith or a rookie in his place. It might not result in improvement but it would certainly be cheaper

4. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +257
    I think we should at least give him a look, but there are plenty of other teams that need CB help. They probably also have more cap room than we do for signing him. I would rather we wait until we get Wells resigned and either resign or tag Finley before we even try.