1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

CB Routt

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    The Raiders dropped him and he is a great player. Do we pick him up if he is available? We practically give up nothing.

2. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +831
    I like it....however....AJ Hawk and his god damn money make this impossible.

3. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I wouldn't mind it. It's an improvement from what we currently have. Routt is probably one of the better CB's around. Not one of the elite but certainly a solid player.

If there is one move in the offseason I hope we make it's washing our hands of AJ Hawk. He sucks and he's overpaid. I'd rather put DJ Smith or a rookie in his place. It might not result in improvement but it would certainly be cheaper

4. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +246
    I think we should at least give him a look, but there are plenty of other teams that need CB help. They probably also have more cap room than we do for signing him. I would rather we wait until we get Wells resigned and either resign or tag Finley before we even try.