Caroll continues to miss OTAs

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting

Cornerback Ahmad Carroll’s stay at the OTAs was brief. One day after making his debut, he was absent on Friday due to what Coach Mike McCarthy called a “personal matter.â€

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many players are coming and going and practicew is like a revolving door.

Does McCarthy have a handle on the situation and this team?

No reasons other than personal, like "I play when I want to play." "It's just practice." etc.

If players are not committed to playing and don't want to be there, then there sure has been a change in the culture. Are things spinning out of control?

"I want more money or I'm holding out too!!"

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Pickett not being there, I understand.

Woodson and Harris not being there, I understand.

Favre not being at all OTAs, I understand.

Carroll not being at OTAs, is unacceptable.
Favre, Woodson, Harris, Pickett, etc. thinking they are bigger than the team by not showing up to work with their teammates I will never understand. It doesn't matter if someone is a veteran or if someone needs or doesn't need to polish the rust off his game. No one, not even Brett Freaking Favre is bigger than the team, and I find it unacceptable that each and every one of them aren't showing up.

But, of course, you are singling out Ahmad because you don't like him, but you would never put that in your posts.

By the way, how did I know that you posted this thread even before I clicked on it? yeah....

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I named HIM because he is the worst player out of all the players who are pulling this stunt.

we all know i dont like him, its not a secret.

slow your roll.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM has praised Carroll's play and unlike Harris and Woodson he was there and had to leave for personal reasons -- MM said he talked with him before leaving and is expected back on Sunday to participate in next weeks OTA's.

Harris (who I like) came to the Packers as a backup and worked hard once inserted into the starting lineup for the first time in his career. Mike Sherman rewarded him by redoing his contract and signing him to an extention with a hefty signing bonus during McKenzie's melt down. He is now tantruming about Woodson's signing and seems to be forgetting what got him where he is at. I have always liked Harris but think he is making a big mistake acting this way -- especially with the years creaping up on him.

Woodson is proving all of the criticism that fellow players in Oakland frequently said about him -- Woodson and training/offseason workouts don't belong in the same sentence. After the huge first year contract he signed (which caused the Harris dissent) it is baffling that he has not shown for a single session.

It is ODD that you would single out a player who has drawn praise from the new head coach and who participated and ignore two players -- Harris who has said he will not participate in any and Woodson who the coach says he has no idea why he is not there -- who clearly think they are bigger than the team.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
tromadz said:
Pickett not being there, I understand.

Woodson and Harris not being there, I understand.

Favre not being at all OTAs, I understand.

Carroll not being at OTAs, is unacceptable.
Favre, Woodson, Harris, Pickett, etc. thinking they are bigger than the team by not showing up to work with their teammates I will never understand. It doesn't matter if someone is a veteran or if someone needs or doesn't need to polish the rust off his game. No one, not even Brett Freaking Favre is bigger than the team, and I find it unacceptable that each and every one of them aren't showing up.

Favre is participating, but other than that, I agree with your post.
But, of course, you are singling out Ahmad because you don't like him, but you would never put that in your posts.

By the way, how did I know that you posted this thread even before I clicked on it? yeah....

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
14 veterans have not shown up for OTA's and Trom singles out Carrol, who has shown up and had to leave, and has talked to MM about the reason, he will be back on Sunday. But of course Ahmad's absence is unnacceptable to Trom.

It is easy to see who Trom is going to put the blame on if the Packers lose. oh well different year same ole' Trom. I'm getting used to it.

Reaction score
Trom, I think you shouldn't make too much of Carroll leaving. He did come, and that was a start. While I am not happy with him leaving, I believe a personal matter can be a sickness/death of a family member, or perhaps Carroll has something he needs to take care of first. In both cases, I think it is best to give Carroll a chance to go and sort whatever it is out, and not have him worry about it. I want Carroll's mind to be focused on football, and not on other things.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFT.com writes

As if the Green Bay Packers' 4-12 season in 2005 wasn't bad enough, the first year under new coach Mike McCarthy is showing early signs of being a potential train wreck.

The evidence? At a time when the team should be getting up to speed on the new systems that the new staff is putting into place, far too many players who'll be expected to contribute when the season begins are still nowhere to be found.

And McCarthy is coming off like a guy with no juice, telling the media that he doesn't know when guys like cornerback Al Harris, cornerback Charles Woodson, receiver Rod Gardner, and defensive tackle Ryan Pickett will show up for OTAs that run through June 21.

Harris isn't with the team because he's unhappy with his contract -- a fact that prompted McCarthy to take out some of his frustrations recently on Jason Wilde of the Winsconsin State Journal, who had the audacity to, you know, report the reason for Harris' absence.

But Harris is a guy who pre-dates the regime of McCarthy and G.M. Ted Thompson; Woodson and Pickett are guys that Mike and Ted added this offseason.

As one league insider has explained, the absence of Woodson and Pickett is further proof as to why both have been deemed underachievers during their NFL careers. "They've have never played up to all the hype, and then they go to a new team and are still pieces of sh-t off and on the field," said the source.

We've previously opined that the Pack are capable of winning the NFC North in 2006, and that their effort in 2005 wasn't as pathetic as their 4-12 record would indicate. But given that NFL teams put in 90 percent of the offense and defense during offseason workouts, we're starting to develop real concerns that the Pack will struggle come September.

Changing the culture?
They did not give up in 05 except for the Ravens game under Mike Sherman.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta love "inside sources" who call people "pieces of sh*t". Sounds like a high quality person himself.

Woodson may not like film study and he may not always like practice, but I'll be damned if he's a piece of **** when he steps out on that field on game day. He doesn't have hardcore backers like me for having weak game.

That's all I'm saying on this thread, I don't feel like a weekend long argument.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record, being a Bama fan, one of the most notorious guys for not giving 100% in practice was...guess who...the reigning NFL MVP, Shaun Alexander. Just throwing that in there.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
PFT.com writes

As if the Green Bay Packers' 4-12 season in 2005 wasn't bad enough, the first year under new coach Mike McCarthy is showing early signs of being a potential train wreck.

The evidence? At a time when the team should be getting up to speed on the new systems that the new staff is putting into place, far too many players who'll be expected to contribute when the season begins are still nowhere to be found.

And McCarthy is coming off like a guy with no juice, telling the media that he doesn't know when guys like cornerback Al Harris, cornerback Charles Woodson, receiver Rod Gardner, and defensive tackle Ryan Pickett will show up for OTAs that run through June 21.

Harris isn't with the team because he's unhappy with his contract -- a fact that prompted McCarthy to take out some of his frustrations recently on Jason Wilde of the Winsconsin State Journal, who had the audacity to, you know, report the reason for Harris' absence.

But Harris is a guy who pre-dates the regime of McCarthy and G.M. Ted Thompson; Woodson and Pickett are guys that Mike and Ted added this offseason.

As one league insider has explained, the absence of Woodson and Pickett is further proof as to why both have been deemed underachievers during their NFL careers. "They've have never played up to all the hype, and then they go to a new team and are still pieces of sh-t off and on the field," said the source.

We've previously opined that the Pack are capable of winning the NFC North in 2006, and that their effort in 2005 wasn't as pathetic as their 4-12 record would indicate. But given that NFL teams put in 90 percent of the offense and defense during offseason workouts, we're starting to develop real concerns that the Pack will struggle come September.

Changing the culture?
They did not give up in 05 except for the Ravens game under Mike Sherman.

The quotes in this solidify how bogus it is.
PFT.com seems to throw 'bones' out a lot and hopes someone bites on them. This is one of them bones and they always leave something in the text to 'flag' it as such.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeezus Juice...EXCELLENT post! Barring family tragedy or something along those lines, there is no reason why a number of new additions, or players fighting for their NFL lives should not voluntarily show up to camp, especailly w/ a new system/coaching staff to adapt to. Absolute bull crap!

I don't fault MM too much for this...from what I understand, he really has no teeth here to do anything if they choose not to attend...these practices are required to be voluntary, so what can he do?

As for Trom focusing on AC...I don't care about one vote of confidence from MM...AC has about 489 boneheaded moves to his one compliment from MM, and should do everything short of leaving a fruit basket on MM and TTs desk every morning to make amends.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
As for Trom focusing on AC...I don't care about one vote of confidence from MM...AC has about 489 boneheaded moves to his one compliment from MM, and should do everything short of leaving a fruit basket on MM and TTs desk every morning to make amends.

exactly. and MM isn't exactly a "call you out" type of guy. But McCarthy said good things about Carroll! LOL...RIGHT! lol. yikes. c'mon bruce and jezuz. think about it (i smell an article!).

Members online

Latest posts