1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Capers talks with Kampan

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by The Coordinator, Mar 14, 2009.

1. The Coordinator

The Coordinator Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds positive form both ends. I expect alot of 4-3 with the 3-4 also.

Capers talks to Kampman first
    New defensive coordinator Dom Capers said at Fan Fest today that the first player he spoke to after getting hired was Aaron Kampman, who will play outside linebacker in the Packers’ new 3-4 defense.

“He came up to my office,” said Capers. “Aaron being as conscientious as he is, kind of wanted to know what weight you want me at, how this is going to work. We talked and I think Aaron’s excited about it and we’re excited about Aaron.”

Kampman’s playing weight last season was around 265. Capers said he doesn’t have a target weight for him in 2009.

“I told him … don’t get too hung up on the weight,” said Capers. “You know what weight you can move the best and the strength, you have to have strength and movement. You know better than anybody else. For me to sit here and say ‘I want you at this weight’ is wrong.”

Capers said participation in off-season workouts will be important for players attempting to learn the new defense.

“The rules state you have to be flexible,” said Capers. “I do believe this. Players understand the importance of being involved in things. One of the things we’ll try to do as the defensive staff, they’ll see that we don’t want to waste one bit of their time. We don’t want to waste our time. There has to be a sense of purpose to everything we’re doing. That sense of purpose is going to be what we feel gives us the best chance of winning. So we’ll take an organized approach. We have an awful lot of things to teach.

“I think players not here are going to see it’s going to be a big challenge to probably catch up on some things.

“There’s no question there will be an advantage to the guys who are here.”

-- Mike Vandermause, mvandermause@greenbaypressgazette.com

2. GJ85

GJ85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm excited to see Kampman do grat in this system

3. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    i have a feeling with dom and kevin greene as kampmons coach i think he could do wonder in this year but for sure upcoming years

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I don't know if Greene can teach the Sackman how to play OLB. All I know is that we're gonna have a mean, hungry group of OLB FOR SURE.

5. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    well yeah Kevin Greene one of the best olbs can literally almost go on the field and show him from his own experiene