Can we finally put to rest the posts saying..

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No1 else thinks this exept Cal2Greenbay. I dont think any1 else on these forums thought we should put aaron in. But i think all non-packer fan anaylists should **** about this issue

Reaction score
Cal2 is entitled to his opinion, and he did raise some very good points. Let's not forget he is a Packer fan and wants to see the Packer's win before all else.

I completely agree for non-packer fans needing to mind their own business.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would still like to see AR get some reps if we are way up or down in the 3rd/4th. Nothing wrong with that. If he IS going to be the future, get him some live touches.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron may not be our future if Brett comes back. Either way I wish nothing but success for the kid. (unless he goes to the Bears or Vikes) For the first time I'm actually starting to lean more to the side that I think Brett will return. He's having to much fun and has realized with the improved O-line he won't get killed after all

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron may not be our future if Brett comes back. Either way I wish nothing but success for the kid. (unless he goes to the Bears or Vikes) For the first time I'm actually starting to lean more to the side that I think Brett will return. He's having to much fun and has realized with the improved O-line he won't get killed after all

He did get rocked a few times today. Kudos to Brett for being a leader and taking the big hit while completing key passes.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers will be the next starter on this team. Whether it's next year or in two more years he'll be starting sooner or later. There is nothing wrong with someone expressing their opinions about Rodgers starting. GB is still only 4-5 and while it's great to be optmistic we could just as easily lose the next 2 and be 4-7 with 5 to play.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers will be the next starter on this team. Whether it's next year or in two more years he'll be starting sooner or later. There is nothing wrong with someone expressing their opinions about Rodgers starting. GB is still only 4-5 and while it's great to be optmistic we could just as easily lose the next 2 and be 4-7 with 5 to play.

Rodgers can only benefit, IMO, if Favre comes back for at least one more. Having two years to practice and learn in one coach's system(albiet it has to be a good system which I believe McCarthy's offense to be) then it will limit his growing pains on the field ie Chad Pennington and Philip Rivers.

OP
OP
M

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Rodgers was in there, the team easily be 0-9.

Brett Favre is responsible for all of the wins in GB.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Rodgers can only benefit, IMO, if Favre comes back for at least one more. Having two years to practice and learn in one coach's system(albiet it has to be a good system which I believe McCarthy's offense to be) then it will limit his growing pains on the field ie Chad Pennington and Philip Rivers.

I agree whether Favre comes back or not I think Rodgers has been able to learn a lot. Another year on the bench wouldn't hurt him at all. He would be then what 25 I think? That's not that old at all so he's more than young enough to watch for a bit. Matt Hasselback waited a long time in GB before he was finally traded and made starter in Seattle. This time Rodgers will sit and wait for Favre to retire. There is nothing wrong with that and if Favre continues to play like this he SHOULD come back because he makes us better when playing like the way he is.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
porky88 said:

I agree whether Favre comes back or not I think Rodgers has been able to learn a lot. Another year on the bench wouldn't hurt him at all. He would be then what 25 I think? That's not that old at all so he's more than young enough to watch for a bit. Matt Hasselback waited a long time in GB before he was finally traded and made starter in Seattle. This time Rodgers will sit and wait for Favre to retire. There is nothing wrong with that and if Favre continues to play like this he SHOULD come back because he makes us better when playing like the way he is.

Believe it or not Aaron Rodgers is only 22 right now. He will be 23 going into next season. So if Favre plays only one more year he will be a 24 year old starter. They say a good QB hits his peak or stride around the age of 27-28 years old so AR has plenty of time.

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-rod should get some snaps at the end of the games if we are up on a team....

other than that BR should be the starter

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Cory said:
porky88 said:

Believe it or not Aaron Rodgers is only 22 right now. He will be 23 going into next season. So if Favre plays only one more year he will be a 24 year old starter. They say a good QB hits his peak or stride around the age of 27-28 years old so AR has plenty of time.

Thanks for the info. Yeah then there shouldn't be much of a rush to get him in if he's that young. If he was 25 right now and going on 26, then that's a bit of a different story but at that age he's still very young and still learning the game.

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFT's take on Favre/Rodgers situation

LORD FAVRE BEING URGED TO RETURN?

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Packers coach Mike McCarthy is trying to persuade quarterback Brett Favre to come back for one more year.

"I know what's being said out there and written about it but I'm telling you after watching him first hand that he's part of the solution, not part of the problem,” McCarthy said. "I'd love to have him for one more year."

But McCarthy concedes that he has spoken with G.M. Ted Thompson regarding the importance of Favre making a decision soon after the 2005 season ends.

Our guess? McCarthy knows that asking for a quick decision is likely to force Favre to opt against a return. So McCarthy can say whatever he wants about wanting Favre back -- our guess is that McCarthy wants to get on with the post-Favre era, and that he hopes that asking Favre to make up his mind quickly will be enough to get him to pack it in.

Staff online

Latest posts