Can Greg be the Go to Guy after DD ?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First my apologies if this article has been posted before but after reading this, do you guys think Greg will fill that WR void we have ?

Posted Apr. 29, 2006

Second-round pick: Jennings hopes to be playmaker for Favre

By Mike Woods
PackersNews.com

Greg Jennings thinks he has the ability to become Brett Favre’s new best friend.

“Just my ability to be a playmaker,’’ Jennings, the Green Bay Packers’ second second-round pick, No. 52. overall, said Saturday in assessing his strengths.

“Brett needed it this year and hopefully I will give it to them. I will give it to them.’’

With the trade of disgruntled wide receiver Javon Walker to Denver on Saturday, the Packers will need it from him.

At 5-11, 192 pounds, Jennings is a bit smaller than the kind of receiver Green Bay coaches had talked about obtaining. But it doesn’t seem to be a concern in Jennings’ case.

“Not really because I think good players come in all sizes, whether it’s a receiver or other positions,’’ said Packers receivers coach Jimmy Robinson. “If you had all things being equal, maybe you take a guy that’s a little bit bigger, but this guy plays big in my opinion.

“He makes plays, and he made them against good competition. So I don’t have any reservations about his size. There are an awful lot of players who are approximately 5-11, six feet, 195, 200 pounds. I don’t think he’s going to have any problem in that regard.’’

Robinson said he likes Jennings’ ability after the catch.

“He’s a guy that made the first guy miss an awful lot, I wrote that in my report,’’ said Robinson. “He’s quick and the other thing I thought was he was strong. He broke tackles as well as made guys miss. I think he’s a guy who will be tough to bring down.’’

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was surprised they went for a guy under 6 foot. After all the hub bub about wanting BIG receivers.

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even the packers couldn't pass up this guy no matter his size, he will be a nice complement to driver in a few years, he is better then ferguson and will do more then people expect.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings would have been a 1st round pick, maybe the #1 WR in this draft, had he gone to a big school. He's a great prospect, definitely a draft sleeper.

That being said, he's a raw rookie coming into the complicated WCO. Most WRs take 2-3 years to learn the offense and be productive. He'll be a good #3/4 WR for us with DD, Gardner and Fergy ahead of him.

Members online

Latest posts