1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Bye, bye Clarett

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by rabidgopher04, Aug 28, 2005.

1. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you think about the news that Clarett is going to be released? This guy could be playing his senior season at Ohio State, but instead he is about to be cut from his first NFL team.

What a joker.

2. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Broncos have set a precedent over the last 7+ years of turning out good no-name running backs.

4. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Being a buckeye fan, Clarett was awesome for them and helped them win a title, then things changed. Denver has a few solid backs already and as rabidgopher04 says, Denver has average backs get 1000+ yards.

I would assume another NFL team would pick him up, and I believe a CFL team up here has his rights if he were to not play in the NFL (he would still have to sign with the team though of course).

Years ago he looked so good and was to be a big pick...when the last draft came many people thought he would go in the 7th round. :-?

5. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If he would have stayed in college and honed his skills a little more I'm sure he'd be almost starting on an NFL team this year or next.

6. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, he was a solid player and probably still is. Also, didn't he have a pretty bad camp and his 40 time wasn't that impressive? (40 times can be over-rated but still).