Bush to make team as safety?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been doing some reading, and people seem to think that Jarrett Bush is going to make the team, but as a safety. I guess that would make sense, especially if Peprah is hurt.

I hate Bush, so if anyone gets the Packer report they should have an article on it.

He better be a better safety than a corner. God, please just get it over with already.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seriously hope not, at least for the sake of the 53-man roster. If they need to play him at S in the final preseason finale to give Bigby, Collins, and Peprah a break, that's fine. If they honestly keep him on the 53-man roster as a Safety though, Peprah and Culver better both be heading for IR and they've got no one better to put on there.

Jarrett Bush seems like the odd-man out as far as CBs go in my mind. Williams seems to be the best suited for the Nickel, and Lee is going to make the team since he's a second round pick. Blackmon has honestly not played a whole lot better than Bush, but he does offer help on special teams as far as a PR goes which might ultimately give him that 5th and final CB spot on the 53-man over Bush. Jarrett is really going to have to put a strong performance in on Thursday if he's going to have any hope of making the final 53-man roster, because he doesn't bring much else to the table other than his secondary play. I've never really been all that impressed with his coverage on special teams.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if it's worth keeping him and using up a spot on the 53 man roster. He hasn't really done much.(except penalties)

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
I don't know if it's worth keeping him and using up a spot on the 53 man roster. He hasn't really done much.(except penalties)
Amen to that...He has been burned by everything on the field, including the kid that retrieves the kicking t after kickoffs.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's coming into his third season. The guy only had significant playing time last season. He was an undrafted guy with almost no expectations. It's not like he's a 1st round bust. If you're gonna give Harrell 10 years before making a decision, give Bush at least a second season. And people saying they hate him. Just because he's not as talented as Woodson & Harris isn't a reason to hate him. Undrafted man. You expect instant production from 1st rounders and maybe 2nd rounders, but not from UFA's. For him to even make a roster is pretty damn good.

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
He's coming into his third season. The guy only had significant playing time last season. He was an undrafted guy with almost no expectations. It's not like he's a 1st round bust. If you're gonna give Harrell 10 years before making a decision, give Bush at least a second season. And people saying they hate him. Just because he's not as talented as Woodson & Harris isn't a reason to hate him. Undrafted man. You expect instant production from 1st rounders and maybe 2nd rounders, but not from UFA's. For him to even make a roster is pretty damn good.

Bush was (un)drafted in 06, so this is his 3rd season now.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:

Haha taking up for Bush, but calling Harrell a bust. you dont have to argue with everything P1 or Trom says... its ok to agree on somethings I promise. At least Harrell had a few games of first team impact last season.

Bush has been in the NFL for 3 years now and some of us have followed him every year. I have yet to see a reason to keep this kid and I was super high on him when he was in Carolina. Blackmon and Lee show much more promise as does Peprah at safety.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, i'm not calling Harrell a bust. You have to actually play to be labeled that and Harrell hasnt played regularly since high school.

Bush has not been in the league 3 seasons. This upcoming season will be his third. In his first season, he was not a regular on defense. So this is basically his second real season as a defender. All i'm saying is that not every player is meant to be a star. A coach should be able to turn anyone with decent talent into a contributor with time and coaching. Hes had decent games in the past, why not give him more time.