Bulaga has torn ACL

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

According to Tom Pelissero the right tackle suffered a torn ACL yesterday vs. the Lions and is out for the season.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Tom Pelissero the right tackle suffered a torn ACL yesterday vs. the Lions and is out for the season.

A month ago I would have thought, "Wow, this is awful."

Now it's more like (shrug), "Hopefully he's good to go for 2018."

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers definitely have to add a quality player capable of starting at right tackle next offseason as the team can't count on Bulaga staying healthy though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers definitely have to add a quality player capable of starting at right tackle next offseason as the team can't count on Bulaga staying healthy though.

They already have Spriggs ;)

Which if TT is left in charge, will probably be the mindset.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That might be McCray. He is one guy who has really impressed me. He has played LT, RT, and guard this year and has held his own.
McCray has been a pleasant surprise this year. I saw him limping painfully off the field towards the end of the game, any status?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully TT does the same thing this year that he did last year with the RB situation. 3 OL drafted we should hopefully hit on at least 1. The other two can just ride the pine until another goes down and we can just hope they don't blow it.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My understanding is that an ACL takes about a year.... I wouldn't be counting on Bulaga in 2018 either.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My understanding is that an ACL takes about a year.... I wouldn't be counting on Bulaga in 2018 either.

It varies from patient to patient. Obviously Adrian Peterson was a rare case, but there are guys who have healed in less than a year. At this point in the season, I usually expect a player who tears one knee ligament to start the next year on PUP.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's an extremely worst-case timeline. Most ACL tears don't take a full year to return to athletic activity. Particularly for a lineman -- we are not talking about a receiver or back whose job involves constant cutting.

Put it this way, I would expect DeShaun Watson back next year and his job relies a lot more on cutting than Bulaga.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's an extremely worst-case timeline. Most ACL tears don't take a full year to return to athletic activity. Particularly for a lineman -- we are not talking about a receiver or back whose job involves constant cutting.

Put it this way, I would expect Deshaun Watson back next year and his job relies a lot more on cutting than Bulaga.

It is not just about the player's physical ability to do his job. There is a mental aspect too: "Can I take hits?" and stuff like that.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said that Bulaga was an injury problem before they re-signed him, after they re-signed him, and still believe it. The guy is great. I love his attitude. I love the way he plays. He just usually can't sustain for a full season. It would be great to draft another RT in the 2nd or 3rd round to replace him. I see our 1st round pick being on an explosive offensive playmaker.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Put it this way, I would expect DeShaun Watson back next year and his job relies a lot more on cutting than Bulaga.
I agree to a point.... however remember that Bulaga has not been particularly healthy for quite a while now.... and that he is not a young player.... One wonders how long he will want to continue.

H

HardRightEdge

I have not thought once about that. Bryan Bulaga has suffered a variety of injuries over the years. How any of them were knee injuries?
That was a rhetorical "you", not actually you, though I would understand if you had other thinks on your mind.

So, this is a right knee ACL. He missed all of 2013 with a left knee ACL. He's had a couple of meniscus scrapes along the way. You are right in that he's had other injuries, also in the lower body: a season ending hip injury, an ankle that kept him out this year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Figures.
Never mind a coaching change.
How about a name change just for now?
Murphy's Packers.
For Murphy's Law.
You know.
If anything can go wrong, it will.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

That might be McCray. He is one guy who has really impressed me. He has played LT, RT, and guard this year and has held his own.

McCray has been a pleasant surprise this season and while I expect him to be on the roster in 2018 wouldn't feel comfortable with him being penciled in as the starting right tackle entering next season.

Hopefully TT does the same thing this year that he did last year with the RB situation.

Hopefully it won't be Thompson's decision anymore.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a thought: let's give up on drafting cornerbacks since we have failed consistently, and go pick up a couple in free agency. Then we draft some offensive line talent -- shouldn't be that hard -- including a tight end.

Members online

Latest posts