Gary feared to have suffered torn ACL

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
At least he knows that he is locked into a 2023 salary of $10.892M. That should make him feel better.

*scrambles to start looking at the top 10 prospects in the 2023 draft*

Put a fork in it, this season is done.

Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least he knows that he is locked into a 2023 salary of $10.892M. That should make him feel better.

*scrambles to start looking at the top 10 prospects in the 2023 draft*

Put a fork in it, this season is done.

Season was done 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately we won’t see a WR taken in the first as they will probably be looking for another edge rusher now with Gary probably missing at least the first half of next season. Mark my words…they will take a edge in the first

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Season was done 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately we won’t see a WR taken in the first as they will probably be looking for another edge rusher now with Gary probably missing at least the first half of next season. Mark my words…they will take a edge in the first

Agreed on the season being done. I said it before the Washington game, that the season would ride on that game. I said that knowing how poorly they had been playing, as well as looking at the schedule ahead of them.

Depending on Love and what they see of him the rest of this season, they may very well be picking a QB in Round 1. As far as them picking a WR with a high first rounder, I would agree with you, isn't happening.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed on the season being done. I said it before the Washington game, that the season would ride on that game. I said that knowing how poorly they had been playing, as well as looking at the schedule ahead of them.

Depending on Love and what they see of him the rest of this season, they may very well be picking a QB in Round 1. As far as them picking a WR with a high first rounder, I would agree with you, isn't happening.

They definitely need to take one early that’s for sure. I give Rodgers maybe 1 year after this so they definitely need to have somebody in the wings worth anything. Taysom Hill will be older, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him back for a year or two until the young guy is ready.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope it's the kind of injury that doesn't take away his ability and leaves us wondering how great he might have been.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cmon now, we are going to get out of the cellar and win it all as a 7 seed. Keep telling yourselves that..lol

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw this coming a year and a half ago. Stupid should be painful, and it will be - for us.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Unfortunately we won’t see a WR taken in the first as they will probably be looking for another edge rusher now with Gary probably missing at least the first half of next season.

It's entirely possible Gary will be ready for the season opener next year.

Taysom Hill will be older, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him back for a year or two until the young guy is ready.

Why would the Saints be interested in trading Taysom Hill? Especially if they don't save any cap space by doing it.

Saw this coming a year and a half ago. Stupid should be painful, and it will be - for us.

I'm impressed you saw it coming that Gary will tear his ACL one and a half years ago.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did you not tell or call or do something to make sure they knew what you knew about Gary’s future tearing of his ACL?!?!?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems that only the best players tear their ACL on the Packers. It will mean he will play on his fifth year option if he comes back at all next season and any big second contract will be wait and see. What's the track record for pass rushers to come back from ACL's The injury could mean the Packers go defense yet again in round 1 next year.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have no idea how stupid you present yourself to be.
My interpretation of the comment is that as soon as a young Packer player appears to be on the verge of stardom, they can look forward to a devastating injury. Uncanny how that's went for Jenkins, Tonyan, Alexander, and now Gary and Stokes. While Z wasn't on his rookie deal, his back went out after he his play was elite. Is it just bad luck? Maybe, maybe not. Given the way the o line gets overpowered in short yardage situations, I don't think it's unreasonable to say the Packers have had a problem with managing their strength/conditioning that could contribute to their crazy injury situation. It seems more than just random chance that there are many games where multiple Packers go down with serious Injuries and few if any opposing players get hurt. That would make a fascinating study.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My interpretation of the comment is that as soon as a young Packer player appears to be on the verge of stardom, they can look forward to a devastating injury. Uncanny how that's went for Jenkins, Tonyan, Alexander, and now Gary and Stokes. While Z wasn't on his rookie deal, his back went out after he his play was elite. Is it just bad luck? Maybe, maybe not. Given the way the o line gets overpowered in short yardage situations, I don't think it's unreasonable to say the Packers have had a problem with managing their strength/conditioning that could contribute to their crazy injury situation. It seems more than just random chance that there are many games where multiple Packers go down with serious Injuries and few if any opposing players get hurt. That would make a fascinating study.
It would be an interesting study, but I think as Packer fans, we pay more attention to injuries to Packer players. Which probably leads us to believe the Packers have a lot more injuries than other teams. I don't watch other games very often, but when I do, I hear about them missing top guys too. We have played a few games this year, against teams without their starting QB, as well as other top players out.

Injuries to players seems to be more common and I think its more related to physics, than just bad luck. Players are getting bigger, stronger and faster. This probably puts more stress on their bodies and then you throw in the physics of bigger, faster players colliding and injuries increase. It also wouldn't surprise me that players are not playing as much with injuries that 30 years ago, would not have made them sit it out.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What's the track record for pass rushers to come back from ACL's The injury could mean the Packers go defense yet again in round 1 next year.
I think it is pretty decent. Bosa had a great year after his ACL tear in 2020. It may sideline a guy for a year, but often they have a full recovery and come back stronger than ever. That said, everyone is different; there's no way to be sure.

Reaction score
It would be an interesting study, but I think as Packer fans, we pay more attention to injuries to Packer players. Which probably leads us to believe the Packers have a lot more injuries than other teams. I don't watch other games very often, but when I do, I hear about them missing top guys too. We have played a few games this year, against teams without their starting QB, as well as other top players out.

Injuries to players seems to be more common and I think its more related to physics, than just bad luck. Players are getting bigger, stronger and faster. This probably puts more stress on their bodies and then you throw in the physics of bigger, faster players colliding and injuries increase. It also wouldn't surprise me that players are not playing as much with injuries that 30 years ago, would not have made them sit it out.
Here’s to hoping Ensgbare continues to rise. He’s looked good considering we snatched him in Day 3? He needs to be more disciplined, but he’s showing early signs of success.

It’s another tough loss in a tough season. Tell that friend of yours that’s always so inquisitive that we should be ok. Tell them Oldschool said so :whistling:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts