Gary feared to have suffered torn ACL

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Tell that friend of yours that’s always so inquisitive that we should be ok.
I think he knows that long term, the Packers will be just fine.

Another "friend" of mine said:

"The road to disappointment is paved with high expectations."

So at least the bumpy road that we are on now, is one that allows me to remove my seatbelt, kick back and put my feet up and just enjoy all the other things, non-Packer related in my life.

Reaction score

So at least the bumpy road that we are on now, is one that allows me to remove my seatbelt, kick back and put my feet up and just enjoy all the other things, non-Packer related in my life.
Amen. It’s interesting how often a
bi-product of things we give up or lose become beneficial.
You give up going out to eat (something we all cherish) you often save money, eat healthier and spend more time with your family.
Call it being pruned.

Anyone we beat now is like a witnessing a miracle! Watch us beat the Eagles and ruin their perfect season.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Barnes back in. Gary out. Like clockwork.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Seems that only the best players tear their ACL on the Packers. It will mean he will play on his fifth year option if he comes back at all next season and any big second contract will be wait and see.

I think you're far too negative about Gary's outlook. If there aren't any complications I fully expect him to be back for the start of next season.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're far too negative about Gary's outlook. If there aren't any complications I fully expect him to be back for the start of next season.
Gary would have to have a full recovery in 10 months to start off at the beginning of next season. While not impossible, it's much more likely he's put on the PUP list and misses 4 to 7 weeks. Most players take a season to get back to normal. Look at Jenkins. Gary's contribution towards 2023 should be viewed as very limited. Maybe 4 to 6 sacks in 10 games if he's lucky and he doesn't have a lot of scar tissue like Bahktiari. His injury is another good reason to completely tear down the team and start over.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary would have to have a full recovery in 10 months to start off at the beginning of next season. While not impossible, it's much more likely he's put on the PUP list and misses 4 to 7 weeks. Most players take a season to get back to normal. Look at Jenkins. Gary's contribution towards 2023 should be viewed as very limited. Maybe 4 to 6 sacks in 10 games if he's lucky and he doesn't have a lot of scar tissue like Bahktiari. His injury is another good reason to completely tear down the team and start over.

I agree, I don't see him hitting the ground running at start of season....I'd expect some limited snap counts when he does start too. He is a CRUCIAL part of our future if healthy, and they shouldn't risk a thing with him.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm much more optimistic about Gary's outlook for next season but it's true there's a chance the situation ends up like you suggest. The injury to a player shouldn't effect the team's decision on their overall approach on how to move forward though.

Members online

Latest posts