Buffalo Connection: Starks, Brohm, Jamon Meredith

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a best friend in Buffalo who's company does big business with the Bills.
I talked to him an hour ago and got these tidbits on the scene there:

#1- He thinks Starks runs like Clinton Portis. I said He's 4-5 inches taller than Portis! "Don't you mean like Eric ****erson, or Eddie George, or Corey Dillon?" He said he reminded him of Portis. So we'll see with our own eyes. I haven't looked on youtube for video of him..... time to.

#2- He said there are some in the Bills organization who think that Brohm still might turn into a good QB and that was a big factor in why they passed on Clausen in the 2nd round, which has pissed off Bills Nation. I don't see that happening, but even Rodgers was crappy still in preseason year #2.

#3- Jamon Meredith has a chance to earn the RT position, but there's no lock. They love his ability, but as with guys like Jamarcus Russell, sometimes guys are just lazy, and he's one of them. Still, he shouldn't have been lost by us last year. That was a big mistake trying to hide a guy like that on practice squad.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the reel on James Starks.
I can't tell who to compare him to yet... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ3dPkL0pr4"]YouTube- Former Bulls RB James Starks Drafted by the Green Bay Packers[/ame]

Younger Larry Johnson maybe?

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
the best thing I like about starks is that he looks natural catching the football. I wouldnt be suprised if eventually brohm comes around, he needs time though, and meredith was never bad, still dont know why TT cut him.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seems like a powerful back, but this is against the MAC. Remember that almost every college player drafted looks good in a highlight reel.

Thats why its called a highlight reel.

NFL talent and competition is a different beast then beating a walk-on from the likes of Bowling Green, Gardner-Webb, and Western Michigan.

Yet, I hope his skills are solid enough to beat out Jackson.

Members online

Latest posts