Bucks 2022-2023

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bucks open the season with a "squeeeeeeeeeeeek". 90-88 over the 76'ers. Obviously missing Middleton but a win over the 6'ers that the national media falls in love with annually is a great start. As always, it was the Giannis show -- it seems to me that Middleton was out with an injury last season as well, could be wrong, to open. Anyway a "W" is a "W" is a "W" ... need I go on?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do. I had one dash out in front of me day before yesterday ... and then, it stood there looking at me as if to flip me off and tell me to move along. Little pr*ck. :mad:
About 50 years ago, when #1 son was graduating from HS, my cousin and family came to visit. While driving down a dirt road, in a wooded area, a deer jumped the ditch, and slid into them, plastering it's head on the right front fender. It didn't damage the deer or car, but it left a real impression of the side of it's head, and eye, in the dirty/dust that was on their car. It was really different.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
What if that was an unworldly message from a greater power and nobody recognized it for what it was and in not recognizing it for what it was, you/them/they/demguysoverdare (searching for the proper prooun) missed the lottery numbers secretly embedded in that deer's ruffled fur and dislodged snot, or, even may have provide clues to that chicken/egg controversy that's plagued mankind? Ahhhh...what might have been but for missed opportunities. :unsure:
:whistling:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if that was an unworldly message from a greater power and nobody recognized it for what it was and in not recognizing it for what it was, you/them/they/demguysoverdare (searching for the proper prooun) missed the lottery numbers secretly embedded in that deer's ruffled fur and dislodged snot, or, even may have provide clues to that chicken/egg controversy that's plagued mankind? Ahhhh...what might have been but for missed opportunities. :unsure:
:whistling:
One of the most august profoundness of words I believe I've ever read. :)

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bucks win nicely v. HOUSTON but Giannis has over a third of the offense? I mean... 44 on 17 of 21 from the field and 2 of 3 from 3 pt range is effective .. but geez, he goes down, there's nothing left.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bucks played half a game in last night's encounter with the Brooklyn Nets to start out 3-0. Nice 2nd half. As usual, the East Coast media had their "dainties" in a bundle because Coach Steve Nash was being ungentlemanly with refs over "uneven officiating".

They had no problem with the officiating in Boston last year though .. so.. ya know, EAT MY SHORTS.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Giannis fell one assist short of a triple double last night (ball hog!! ;o) ) Nice of them to do the Packers light work in bi*ch slapping Brooklyn and New York -- returning the favor for the Jets/Giants Packer losses.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched all four games. They're doing it without Middleton and Connaughton. There were 7 players in double figures on the night. That's nice to see - balanced scoring. It means everyone shares the ball. They're the last unbeaten team in the league. I'd like to see them run that opening string of wins into double figures.

I can hardly wait to see them in action when they're totally healthy. I really enjoy my NBA League Pass.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched all four games. They're doing it without Middleton and Connaughton. There were 7 players in double figures on the night. That's nice to see - balanced scoring. It means everyone shares the ball. They're the last unbeaten team in the league. I'd like to see them run that opening string of wins into double figures.

I can hardly wait to see them in action when they're totally healthy. I really enjoy my NBA League Pass.
How much is it and do you get all NBA games or just Milwaukee? We are considering ordering it.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much is it and do you get all NBA games or just Milwaukee? We are considering ordering it.
You have a choice. Take the single team package or entire league. I have the single team package. I believe it costs me $89.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Man, Hawks' Trae Young is a pain-in-the-Bucks' a*s. The guy can just flat out PLAY. I only caught sporadic moments of the game, the majority in the first half where it was almost Lopez versus Young. Nice win to go 5-0.

I read a story in the Atlanta J-C where Giannis made a reference to him not quite 'feeling' it yet. (I'm paraphrasing) .. I thought it was him saying he's not yet in the groove. Well, God help the NBA this season when he is.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, Hawks' Trae Young is a pain-in-the-Bucks' a*s. The guy can just flat out PLAY. I only caught sporadic moments of the game, the majority in the first half where it was almost Lopez versus Young. Nice win to go 5-0.

I read a story in the Atlanta J-C where Giannis made a reference to him not quite 'feeling' it yet. (I'm paraphrasing) .. I thought it was him saying he's not yet in the groove. Well, God help the NBA this season when he is.
That was a great game against the Hawks. Once again, we're without two key players. When they get back, and at full strength, the Bucks are going to be tough to handle. Holiday? What can I say. The guy is special. Interesting side note. Last night the 3 Holiday brothers were all playing on the same court.

But, to keep going at a good clip, the Bucks need their full lineup available. You can see leads dwindling quickly because of a lot of depth lacking in the rotation with the injuries.

This might be a championship team. They're playing like it now. I want to see how they handle a West coast swing.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Holiday -- absolutely! If I were to ever buy a jersey w/ a name on the back it would be Jerry Kramer's OR oddly enough, Holiday's

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holiday -- absolutely! If I were to ever buy a jersey w/ a name on the back it would be Jerry Kramer's OR oddly enough, Holiday's
Holiday and his wife are very much into work off the court, to benefit others. He should be considered for that award at the end of the season. I hope he can play at a high level until he's 40.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
9-0 start extending team record with a nice win over OKC. Giannis sits out and still a 14-point win. Good stuff!

Also, gas in Oshkosh dropped 35-cents overnight. As mysterious as the 50-cent overnight increase last week.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Once again. The Hawks. Grrr... Bucks have lost 3 of their last 4 heading into Cleveland game.

Members online

Latest posts