Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

That's great news by Rob Demovsky:

While the Antonio Brown situation rolls on, the Packers won't jump in now and we're not involved before. They never had any conversations with the Steelers about the receiver, according to league sources with knowledge of the Packers' actions.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve also heard that the Steelers are prepared to let him rot if they can’t get value for him so... it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read the last two posts before yours in this thread once again. Fortunately the Packers aren't interested in trading for Brown.

We've got multiple sources conflicting each other, Gute could be playing the game, acting like he's not interested when he really is. Everyone has a price, and I doubt AB would turn down playing with AR. Maybe the Steelers approach Gute in a last ditch effort and he gets him for wooden nickels.

NO WAY does Pittsburgh trade AB to New England, I just can't see them sabotaging their own chances of a Super Bowl birth like that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport just reported that the Bills have dropped out of trading for Brown.
GMF saying a Bills trade was in place and then they talked to AB. It was then decided it didnt make sense for either the Bills or AB.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

We've got multiple sources conflicting each other, Gute could be playing the game, acting like he's not interested when he really is. Everyone has a price, and I doubt AB would turn down playing with AR. Maybe the Steelers approach Gute in a last ditch effort and he gets him for wooden nickels.

I haven't seen a reliable source mentioning the Packers have shown any interest in Brown. I'm glad if it stays that way.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO WAY does Pittsburgh trade AB to New England, I just can't see them sabotaging their own chances of a Super Bowl birth like that.
I think you got that wrong. Trading him to NE would sabotage NE's chances of winning a SB.

Remember when Randy Moss was in NE and they nearly went undefeated? In pregame locker room, Moss gave a speech and mentioned he wanted a new contract next season. Belicheck doesnt allow outspoken players. Moss was never even offered a contract, his time in NE was over.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who cares. AB is a player that quits when everything isn’t just so. He’s not a football player any more. If there is one thing that can be guaranteed, no football season is magical. **** happens and you have to be tough enough to let teammates lean in on you and you carry them thru when you can and let teammates get you thru when you need it. AB fits neither category any more.

Sure he’d like playing with Rodgers, until the first game he thinks he didn’t get the ball enough.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to think he's making a play to get released at this point, poisoning the trades and generally making himself a pariah.

He will go out, sign a 1yr "prove it" deal, behave, then go sign a monster contract next off-season in control of his own destiny.

If he does go out and ball next year on a 1yr deal, no one will remember/care about this at that time.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could go for a situation like that, I'd rather have him for no picks at all if the money is right.

D

Deleted member 6794

I have to think he's making a play to get released at this point, poisoning the trades and generally making himself a pariah.

He will go out, sign a 1yr "prove it" deal, behave, then go sign a monster contract next off-season in control of his own destiny.

If he does go out and ball next year on a 1yr deal, no one will remember/care about this at that time.

The Steelers wouldn't benefit from releasing Brown though.

I could go for a situation like that, I'd rather have him for no picks at all if the money is right.

The Packers should stay away from Brown even if he decided to play for the veteran minimum.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I think you are giving AB far too much credit for being smarter than he is. Smart isn't something he has been as of late. I don't see him doing any of this intentionally, unless his goal is to sabotage his career and market value?

Or.....conspiracy theory. Bill Belichick and AB have colluded. It was decided AB would intentionally go completely off the rails, force the Steelers into cutting him and the Patriots swoop in and pick him up for vet minimum. Meanwhile one of Kraft's $57/hr. prostitutes delivers $18M and a massage to AB...under the table.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a funny world we live in. Amari Cooper is going to be traded for more compensation than Antonio Brown.

D

Deleted member 6794

It was decided AB would intentionally go completely off the rails, force the Steelers into cutting him and the Patriots swoop in and pick him up for vet minimum.

I don't think the Steelers will release Brown even if they don't receive an adequate compensation for him in return as they only lose $2.5 million in a roster bonus he's due on March 17 by holding on and forcing him to sit out next season.

D

Deleted member 6794

What a funny world we live in. Amari Cooper is going to be traded for more compensation than Antonio Brown.

Cooper wasn't a head case like Brown before the Cowboys traded for him though.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds to me like he was demanding a new contract with a raise/new guaranteed money from the Bills.

The guy is an emotional wild card. Huge risk. May have driven his price down even lower than the 3rd round. If I was Pittsburgh, I wouldn't take anything less than a 4th. Let him retire.

If I was gute, I offer a 4th. I call AB and tell him he plays his current contract and he can renegotiate after a year. Unless he suddenly becomes humble, I cut him after a year. Get 1 year out of him, presumably on good behavior.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bingo, granted I was willing to throw in our 2nd pick in the 6th as well. We still win contract wise because AB would be 31-32 and nobody's going to throw him huge money going into his mid 30s this season could be his last hurrah as it is.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not advocating trading for Brown. Still on the fence. He is a great player but a headcase. At the same time are any of the people here saying we should never trade for Brown people who said we should have traded for Moss? Remember when Moss was a malcontent and then went to the Patriots and produced at a crazy high level? No reason to think Brown couldnt do the same. Who knows what was really going on with he and Big Ben and others but i could easily see Brown going somewhere and having a couple All-Pro years while being a fine teammate

D

Deleted member 6794

Sounds to me like he was demanding a new contract with a raise/new guaranteed money from the Bills.

The guy is an emotional wild card. Huge risk. May have driven his price down even lower than the 3rd round. If I was Pittsburgh, I wouldn't take anything less than a 4th. Let him retire.

If I was gute, I offer a 4th. I call AB and tell him he plays his current contract and he can renegotiate after a year. Unless he suddenly becomes humble, I cut him after a year. Get 1 year out of him, presumably on good behavior.

I highly doubt Brown would behave in an acceptable manner in Green Bay, especially if his contract isn't renegotiated. Or Adams gets more targeted than him. Or Rodgers doesn't invite him over to his house. Or.....

Bingo, granted I was willing to throw in our 2nd pick in the 6th as well. We still win contract wise because AB would be 31-32 and nobody's going to throw him huge money going into his mid 30s this season could be his last hurrah as it is.

Brown isn't the missing piece for a Packers Super Bowl run. Therefore the team is way better off concentrating on using their draft picks and cap space on multiple players actually helping them to get back being a legit contender.

D

Deleted member 6794

At the same time are any of the people here saying we should never trade for Brown people who said we should have traded for Moss? Remember when Moss was a malcontent and then went to the Patriots and produced at a crazy high level? No reason to think Brown couldnt do the same.

Yeah, I still remember the Patriots hoisting the Lombardi Trophy with Moss on the roster. Wait a minute, never mind ;)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt Brown would behave in an acceptable manner in Green Bay, especially if his contract isn't renegotiated. Or Adams gets more targeted than him. Or Rodgers doesn't invite him over to his house. Or.....
Probably not. My thought is the dangling carrot of a new contract may keep him inline, but you are probably correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.