Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think he's a guy they have to think about at pick #44 or earlier if they want him.
I did this and when you get a second I’d like you to do it also. Take a tape measure and mark across the room a 11 feet plus 3” (135”). Now imagine yourself swinging your arms and simply having the ability to jump that far off the snap of the ball.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I did this and when you get a second I’d like you to do it also. Take a tape measure and mark across the room a 11 feet plus 3” (135”). Now imagine yourself swinging your arms and simply having the ability to jump that far off the snap of the ball.

Maybe Campbell should just do that off the snap and then run his route.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Why not! It doesn’t break the 5yard contact rule. Just jump right past the guy like a Kangeroo. Lol

Campbell is a really difficult player to figure out. He's obviously a supreme athlete and a big play threat. However, in that Urban Meyer offense he basically just ran screens and 9 routes. There isn't much (any?) tape of him running a varied route tree. Some players have come out of that offense and have immediately taken to coaching in an NFL offense (Michael Thomas), while others have been slower in their transition from gadget player to NFL wide receiver (Curtis Samuel).

Especially if the Packers believe he can contribute on ST, I would be fine drafting him at #30 and letting him contribute as a screen/sweep/ST weapon while he develops. But he isn't so incredible that I think he's the "must have" player at that pick. If it's between Campbell at #30 and Samuel at #44, I'd take the latter.

Reaction score
Campbell is a really difficult player to figure out. He's obviously a supreme athlete and a big play threat. However, in that Urban Meyer offense he basically just ran screens and 9 routes. There isn't much (any?) tape of him running a varied route tree. Some players have come out of that offense and have immediately taken to coaching in an NFL offense (Michael Thomas), while others have been slower in their transition from gadget player to NFL wide receiver (Curtis Samuel).

Especially if the Packers believe he can contribute on ST, I would be fine drafting him at #30 and letting him contribute as a screen/sweep/ST weapon while he develops. But he isn't so incredible that I think he's the "must have" player at that pick. If it's between Campbell at #30 and Samuel at #44, I'd take the latter.
Yeah. I also believe that if we’re patient we will see a nice grouping of slot WRs left in that neighborhood our 4 pick at #76 or later. Riley Ridley being one example. That’s also an area it’s not so costly to trade up the board slightly (such as moving from #76 into an early 3rd round range Or #108 to a 3rd round comp) if we feel confident they are a good fit

Last edited:

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great. Another thread turned into a Campbell thread.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think he’ll be there at Pick #74 do you? Based on his strong combine showing 4.31X40, 40” vertical, over an 11’ 1/4 jump. His stock rose this weekend big time.
Wrote that more to bug Brandon than anything. Paris was expected to do this well, not sure how much it helped him. His issue is with hands and concentration. I think he will go in the 25-45 range.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hands and concentration are not good things to have issues with if you're a wide receiver.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hands and concentration are not good things to have issues with if you're a wide receiver.
Something that doesnt seem to improve. If it were me, I would spend 3 hrs per day on ***** machine and all sorts of hand strength exercises.

But there are degrees of 'hands' problems. Does he drop 10% or 25%. 10% is manageable the latter is not.

D

Deleted member 6794

Especially if the Packers believe he can contribute on ST, I would be fine drafting him at #30 and letting him contribute as a screen/sweep/ST weapon while he develops.

The Packers don't have the luxury to use the 30th pick on a player mostly contributing on special teams only next season.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brown to packers from shefty “heating up”

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he does come to Green Bay I'm gonna be laughing my butt off just knowing how pissed off most of you will be.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't get me wrong, if that happens I'll think it's a really bad move, and then I'll hope I was completely wrong and it doesn't blow up in our face, and then I'll go on about my day. And probably come here 6 or 7 times to say how I think it's a bad move and I hope it doesn't blow up in our faces and also talk about a bunch of other stuff I know little about. and then go about my day again

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All else aside with brown in Green Bay will make them better obviously but we will see and I was watching espn this morning and Adam sheftner was talking with other people and said was one of the 3 new teams interested and that they are “heating up and expected to make a strong push” Oakland being the favorite but Oakland is at a second rounder or something I think our 30th could do it. He will have a new team tmrw letssssa gooo

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't get me wrong, if that happens I'll think it's a really bad move, and then I'll hope I was completely wrong and it doesn't blow up in our face, and then I'll go on about my day.
Yeah, I think it would be a mistake. But if it happens, I would get excited, hope for the best, and then wait and see how he would do. He'd still be a mess most likely, but he'd be our mess lol.

I just hope Aaron invites him over for dinner or something...

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna say this right now, but if NO lands him I will be pissed.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna say this right now, but if NO lands him I will be pissed.

I don't think NO can really offer much, they don't have a first rounder and are in win now mode so unlikely they give up a stud and a 2nd.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we have a Rosen thread, Rosen has more trade value than AB in my opinion. AB being in the league since 2010 and wanting more money on his current deal would only want me to give up our 2nd rounder AT THE VERY MOST. Having a QB with the potential of Rosen I think a team should have to trade bare minimum a high 2nd for him.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ian Rappaport Twitter
'Sources: The #Steelers are closing in on a deal to send star WR Antonio Brown to the Buffalo #Bills. There it is.'

The Steelers are mooning and flipping Brown off simultaneously with this move.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow...Pittsburgh seriously gave AB the middle finger. I'm more surprised that Buffalo did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts