Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Caribou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold on... I think Brown has been giving the public hints on his new team...

Attachments

• 20190309_165950.jpg
    20190309_165950.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 203
  • lachargerbolt.jpg
    lachargerbolt.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 254

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then I guess all of us get the short end of the stick since most of us don’t have the opportunity to make 14 million dollars for even one year. Players get paid based on their value to the team... not based on what they wish they were worth. Yes, some positions have a longer expected playing time than others... so what? Most people are never good enough to play at all. Very few NFL players are offered 14 million for a single year. Let’s not pretend a Bell is being mistreated. He may or may not make that money back with a contract this year, but I have no problems with a team if they decide he is not worth that risk.
Based on his value, his presence was missed, as well as the backup RB did this season, the team clearly missed Levonne, and they even said they probably would've won some games had Bell been there. I'm aware from the outside looking in, it's easy for us not to take the money as 14 million dollars is more than most of us will ever see in our lifetime. But from a RB position, we all know they have short lives, and considering Levonne has been arguably the best at his position, from a business standpoint from his POV, after proving his worth on the team for years and playing at a high level, as well as the short lives RB often gets treated, hell yeah I understand why he would want security in regards to a long term deal. Running backs do a lot of dirty work, but when it's time for them to get paid, hardly any of them get deals done based off their bodies of work. If Todd Gurley got a lengthy contract, then someone as Bell certain earned one. So why risk wear and tear on your body, in which if you suffer an injury it'll affect your stock? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Again it's easy for us to criticize b/c we aren't getting paid that much, but I understand from his POV.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on his value, his presence was missed, as well as the backup RB did this season, the team clearly missed Levonne, and they even said they probably would've won some games had Bell been there. I'm aware from the outside looking in, it's easy for us not to take the money as 14 million dollars is more than most of us will ever see in our lifetime. But from a RB position, we all know they have short lives, and considering Levonne has been arguably the best at his position, from a business standpoint from his POV, after proving his worth on the team for years and playing at a high level, as well as the short lives RB often gets treated, hell yeah I understand why he would want security in regards to a long term deal. Running backs do a lot of dirty work, but when it's time for them to get paid, hardly any of them get deals done based off their bodies of work. If Todd Gurley got a lengthy contract, then someone as Bell certain earned one. So why risk wear and tear on your body, in which if you suffer an injury it'll affect your stock? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Again it's easy for us to criticize b/c we aren't getting paid that much, but I understand from his POV.
his presence being missed ... or not...has absolutely nothing to do with his value... or at least, does not prove that he was worth more than the 14 million he was offered.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
his presence being missed ... or not...has absolutely nothing to do with his value... or at least, does not prove that he was worth more than the 14 million he was offered.
He is arguably the best RB at his position, and him being on the field the defense has to respect his ability to keep them honest which in turn sets up the passing game. The dude wanted a long term deal. C'mon man.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is arguably the best RB at his position, and him being on the field the defense has to respect his ability to keep them honest which in turn sets up the passing game. The dude wanted a long term deal. C'mon man.
and....??

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Annnnnnd it's Da Raidersz

Raiders send a 3rd and a 5th.

AB will get 3yr/$50.1M with $30.1M guaranteed.

He's the highest paid WR at $16.67M a year.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that's the problem right there. Thank you for making my point.
Nothing you said actually addressed my point. Nobody is disputing Bell’s ability... but as has been your m.o. Facts don’t seem to get in your way when you perceive something to be desireable. As I said before, The 14 million he was offered was a lot of money. He may have wanted more and a long term deal. That doesn’t mean it would be a good idea for a team to pay it. As you have already stated... running backs have a short career and often fall off sharply.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in retrospect Jon Gruden traded Mack, Cooper, 2nd, 3rd, a 5th and 6th for Brown, 3 1sts, a 2nd and a 5th.

I don't even know if Madden lets you pull off these trades in a video game.

D

Deleted member 6794

It seems to be a sound plan handing out $30 million in guarantees to a head case like Brown a year before moving to Las Vegas of all places :sneaky:

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Current article on ESPN where everything is about him catching Jerry Rice, not one mention about winning a championship.

This is why a team like the Steelers trades him taking a huge dead money hit and why receivers like him don’t win championships.

Sooooo glad there was no chance of him coming here, while supremely talented all he cares about is himself.

H

HardRightEdge

For all those posters who wanted the Packers to trade for Antonio Brown...... :roflmao:

Looks like his Divaness has already reared its ugly head in Oakland (Napa).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...wn-turmoil-related-to-unhappiness-over-helmet
That's not the half of it. Have you seen a picture of his frostbitten feet?

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/07/antonio-brown-foot-injury-cryogenic-chamber-mishap/

I don't know why he's smiling. That looks like some serious sh*t.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
FINALLY!!!

After testing multiple helmets, the NFL has declared this one safe for Antonio Brown to wear!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It just keeps getting better out their in Oakland with Antonio Brown! :roflmao:

Again, I want all of you that screamed "Packers need to trade for Brown", to line up and take your whippings! :cool:

Raiders GM Maylock sent AB a letter about his fines.

AB responds on Twitter:

"When your own team want to hate but there's no stopping me now," Brown wrote. "Devil is a lie. Everyone got to pay this year so we clear."

H

HardRightEdge

It just keeps getting better out their in Oakland with Antonio Brown! :roflmao:

Again, I want all of you that screamed "Packers need to trade for Brown", to line up and take your whippings! :cool:

Raiders GM Maylock sent AB a letter about his fines.

AB responds on Twitter:

"When your own team want to hate but there's no stopping me now," Brown wrote. "Devil is a lie. Everyone got to pay this year so we clear."

I don't see any problem with Brown's response given it is unintellibible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts