Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Albert Breer, Brown wants a new contract and wants to be the highest paid WR in the league.

This is not about playing for a winner. This, as it usually is, is about $.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Albert Breer, Brown wants a new contract and wants to be the highest paid WR in the league.

I know they're an AFC Contender so I doubt it happens, but the Colts have so much money and I think something like 11 picks this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the trigger. Most teams that have a lot of money, if he wants the biggest WR contract out of the gate, are all AFC teams.

I honestly hope they don't trade him and he is just a no show for 2 years of his remaining contract, it doesn't make financial sense for Pitt. But he said he doesn't need football, let him sit for 2 years. I am tired of the soap opera he has been putting on for the last 7 weeks.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's likely also his agent, Rosenhaus (of Mike McKenzie and Javon Walker fame) trying to eek out as much money as possible for his client (and himself).

Reaction score
I am so sick of Antonio Brown. Him and Bell are about to find themselves both unemployed. But then again Brown has said in the past that he "doesn't need football". Okay guy

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so sick of Antonio Brown. Him and Bell are about to find themselves both unemployed. But then again Brown has said in the past that he "doesn't need football". Okay guy
Bell I can understand as the dude wanted to get paid.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading for Antonio Brown is the trifecta of stupid:

1) You give up draft pick(s).
2) You make him the highest paid WR in the league
3) You put a complete whack job on your roster to create distractions and disruption.

In other words, the only team he would be good for is the Raiders.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was Big Ben, I would be watching for Antonio Brown's trade to be announced to some awful team.

I'd wait 30 mins.

Then, once that deal is done and paperwork signed, I'd announce my retirement...

Better yet wait until April 1st and announce Big Ben traded to that team.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Iggghhhhhttttttt now...….

I don't think the Packers are interested in acquiring Antonio Brown, but this gives me some pause:

AB posted on his Instagram live "Hey I'm about to announce my new team in like a little bit alright... Something positive is about to be happening real soon, trust me. Stay by the phone... Big announcement coming soon! Mr. Big Checks."

The Packers theoretically didn't have to release Morrison to make room for a potential AB trade...but, the timing has me a bit concerned at the moment. The combination of that plus the fact that AB seems verrrrry happy about who he seems to know his next quarterback will be...

Hopefully I'm just paranoid.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be the Raiders.

No telling what that crazy Gruden guy will do.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Iggghhhhhttttttt now...….

I don't think the Packers are interested in acquiring Antonio Brown, but this gives me some pause:

AB posted on his Instagram live "Hey I'm about to announce my new team in like a little bit alright... Something positive is about to be happening real soon, trust me. Stay by the phone... Big announcement coming soon! Mr. Big Checks."

The Packers theoretically didn't have to release Morrison to make room for a potential AB trade...but, the timing has me a bit concerned at the moment. The combination of that plus the fact that AB seems verrrrry happy about who he seems to know his next quarterback will be...

Hopefully I'm just paranoid.

100% paranoid. Dude is happy because he got paid somewhere not because he is going to be a team with Rodgers throwing to him. He’s made the money is his goal, not winning.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
100% paranoid. Dude is happy because he got paid somewhere not because he is going to be a team with Rodgers throwing to him. He’s made the money is his goal, not winning.
Trust me. I hope you're correct. And you very well could be. But for the record: the Packers could be the team that gave it to him. Unlikely, but possible.

Put it to you this way. I'll be nervous until the announcement is made.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A year later if we do get Brown and win a SB title a lot of you guys are going to be saying how silly this all was.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A year later if we do get Brown and win a SB title a lot of you guys are going to be saying how silly this all was.
I’ll file this under the “I suppose anything is possible” file.

Considering he didn’t even get a better team to the playoffs, I’m not sure how confident I’d be in a super bowl.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll file this under the “I suppose anything is possible” file.

Considering he didn’t even get a better team to the playoffs, I’m not sure how confident I’d be in a super bowl.
But what if we do win? ;)

And besides that team suffered from a toxic locker room as well as an overrated an incompetent QB at the helm who is a turnover machine.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
In that scenario, every single one of the anti-AB crowd will gladly eat a double helping of crow.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not on you, Cap.

Just pointing out that after 40 pages, we've come to same conclusion that should have been obvious in Page 1. Was just wondering what was being discussed for 40 pages. :)

Ahhh, got it.

What do you suggest?

As I've mentioned repeatedly sign an edge rusher, safety, slot receiver and right guard in free agency with most of them being young players looking for their second contract in the league.

Use the draft to improve the depth at various positions.

I'll take a TO on my squad any day of the week over Randy Moss. But one thing TO never did was cheat you in regards to effort!

I'll take Davante Adams over both of them as he seems to be a great teammate.

I honestly hope they don't trade him and he is just a no show for 2 years of his remaining contract, it doesn't make financial sense for Pitt. But he said he doesn't need football, let him sit for 2 years. I am tired of the soap opera he has been putting on for the last 7 weeks.

I have suggested that myself but after thinking about it I realized that might be tricky as Brown is set to earn $36.4 million in base salary over the next three seasons.

While they wouldn't have to pay him that money if he doesn't show up but what's gonna happen if he does???

Bell I can understand as the dude wanted to get paid.

Bell quit on the Steelers as well.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhh, got it.
Bell quit on the Steelers as well.
Bell felt he was being cheated considering the workload he's been tasked to do and for his trouble he was hit with the franchise tag rather than being given a new contract and security. We've seen running backs have the short end of the stick until recently with Gurley. His team didn't value him so he made a business decision. I can't fault him for that. Dude has earned a new contract deal. I hope he gets paid.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bell felt he was being cheated considering the workload he's been tasked to do and for his trouble he was hit with the franchise tag rather than being given a new contract and security. We've seen running backs have the short end of the stick until recently with Gurley. His team didn't value him so he made a business decision. I can't fault him for that. Dude has earned a new contract deal. I hope he gets paid.

Teams will rightfully continue to be hesitant about guaranteeing a huge amount of money to running backs after realizing the Steelers being able to adequately replace Bell with ease.

There's no reason to feel bad about Bell being offered $14 million to play last season. I hope teams pass on him this offseason after he quit last year.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams will rightfully continue to be hesitant about guaranteeing a huge amount of money to running backs after realizing the Steelers being able to adequately replace Bell with ease.

There's no reason to feel bad about Bell being offered $14 million to play last season. I hope teams pass on him this offseason after he quit last year.
That buffers my argument in regards to running backs getting the short end of the stick. They have short lives hence and yet when they do what's expected of them and then more, in Bell's case be arguably the best running back for X amount of years and this is his thanks?
I wouldn't say the Steelers replaced bell with ease as Bell does so much more than run the ball, as he is a legitimate receiving threat and even Pittsburgh admitted that if he had been there, there would've been some games they could've won. Again he didn't quit on his team, he made a business decision, to preserve his body in order for him to get a new contract, especially when he's earned a new one after being the best in his position for years. I hate when people think simply doing what's best for you is being "selfish" or quitting on your team. At the end of the day you have to do what's in the best interest for you. He wanted long term security and he definitely earned that.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That buffers my argument in regards to running backs getting the short end of the stick. They have short lives hence and yet when they do what's expected of them and then more, in Bell's case be arguably the best running back for X amount of years and this is his thanks?
I wouldn't say the Steelers replaced bell with ease as Bell does so much more than run the ball, as he is a legitimate receiving threat and even Pittsburgh admitted that if he had been there, there would've been some games they could've won. Again he didn't quit on his team, he made a business decision, to preserve his body in order for him to get a new contract, especially when he's earned a new one after being the best in his position for years. I hate when people think simply doing what's best for you is being "selfish" or quitting on your team. At the end of the day you have to do what's in the best interest for you. He wanted long term security and he definitely earned that.

If WIMM's figure of a $14 mil offer for last year is right, then, yes, I think that is more than appropriate for 'his thanks'.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then I guess all of us get the short end of the stick since most of us don’t have the opportunity to make 14 million dollars for even one year. Players get paid based on their value to the team... not based on what they wish they were worth. Yes, some positions have a longer expected playing time than others... so what? Most people are never good enough to play at all. Very few NFL players are offered 14 million for a single year. Let’s not pretend a Bell is being mistreated. He may or may not make that money back with a contract this year, but I have no problems with a team if they decide he is not worth that risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts