1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Broadcasting times need to change a bit!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Texas9erFan, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    I'm not suggesting a change in the entire schedule but just the second game on Sunday.

Is anybody else as annoyed as I am about missing huge chunks of the first quarter of the second game because the 1st game went into overtime??? It happened to me this past Sunday. I tuned in to the second game and had to wait for the Saints/Falcons game to end because of OT. By the time the second game started, they had burned through 13 minutes of the 1st quarter already! :mad:

C'mon, MAN!

The NFL and it's broadcasters need to allow for OT and move back the 2nd game's kickoff. Schedule an HOUR between the expected end of the 1st game, and the kickoff of the 2nd. It allows for some post-game interviews and some pre-game hype and NOBODY misses a single snap.

I'm just saying! :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    GET directv no problem

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Oh yeah. Missed part of the DEN-GB game because of the stupid Lions Cowboys. Stupid, inept Cowboys...

4. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    I was upset with that myself.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I signed up this year. It's amazing. I have gotten so spoiled, so fast. lol.

6. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    Dude... do YOU have DirecTV? Because that's exactly what I have and have had for many years. That doesn't change anything. In fact I've got a unique deal with them that gives me the major network feeds from NY and LA, instead of the local Austin stations, so I get a bit wider choice of what games I want to watch. But that has nothing to do with NFL scheduling and broadcast times and the fact that games overlap virtually every weekend... even if they don't go into OT!

7. tstej

tstej Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    He is talking about the free NFL sunday ticket deal directv had for new customers before the season started.

8. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    OH!!!! Sunday Ticket... that makes more sense.
    Still...

9. gmann001

gmann001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    I agree with you... start first game 1/2 hour early? or second game 1/2 later? Either way, I am sure the networks can come up with something to fill in any space between games if needed.

To me nothing is more frustrating than waiting for a game and then the early game goes into overtime.

10. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    You can blame Heidi for that. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    Why should the NFL care about our needs when all they care about is money?
    Don't believe me?
    Then just ask any of those unfortunate souls who got bumped from their seats in Jerry's world at the Super Bowl.

I agree with you 9er fan. They should have a break between games to allow for extra stuff.

12. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    IF your a sports fan they only reason you get directv is for the NFL Sunday Ticket.

13. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    YES I agree--- For a sports fan the ONLY way to go

14. tstej

tstej Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    Where I live its Dish or Direct so I just alternate to keep the new customer pricing.

15. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    What about impoverished sports fans? Sunday Ticket is EXPENSIVE!

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Priorities....

17. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    NOT FOR die hard Packer Backers. Packers are our life!

18. UCSB616

UCSB616 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    Current subscribers can call directv in July, tell them you are unhappy and ask to cancel service. They will give you offers to stay. Keep rejecting the offer and asking for Sunday ticket for free. You might have to pay for it once, but I've gotten it either for free or severely discounted five years running. They are a loose run company with several layers of customer retention. They lose a ton of money if you go elsewhere so they are very accommodating to current customers.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Well I think it matters where you are on the map.

I'm in the Gulf Coast, so the Saints are the biggest games down here and we get them every week, but yes it bothers me too when a game is in Overtime and you end up missing bit of the one you were waiting for.

20. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I am on the Gulf Coast also.

21. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    I get a surprising amount of Packers games in Lincoln, NE and Glen Ellyn, IL. Otherwise I would prolly have to get it.