Bring the Lombardi back home NOW

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so entirely sick of this. We need to put an end to this garbage right now. People from Boston acting like they are Titletown. Frontrunner "fans" coming out of the woodworks. Ugh...the fricken Super Bowl MVP was just suspended for PEDs. We need to kick it into overdrive. #Gofor14

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so entirely sick of this. We need to put an end to this garbage right now. People from Boston acting like they are Titletown. Frontrunner "fans" coming out of the woodworks. Ugh...the fricken Super Bowl MVP was just suspended for PEDs. We need to kick it into overdrive. #Gofor14

Put them in their place and remind them the league was going on prior to 1960 when they finally got a team. If they continue to argue the Superbowl argument say 'ok fine...your RedSox world series wins only count as long as they are under the CURRENT playoff system with the CURRENT teams in MLB' I'll guarantee you there are more Redsox fans than Pats fans and they'll shut up.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, as much as I want us to shut up that cheating organization with racist bandwagon fans, we aren't sniffing a Super Bowl in 2019.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Don't see it happening in 2019 unless the Packers make some major moves.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With our draft picks and cap space major moves are going to happen. Question is will they be effective?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
With our draft picks and cap space major moves are going to happen. Question is will they be effective?

After seeing what I saw tonight I'm not so certain. At least not for 2019. The Packers haven't proven for quite some time that they can build a formidable defense. Maybe Gute will make it happen but I will believe it when I see it.

Let's put things in perspective. We traded away two first round picks on defense this year and a 3rd round pick on offense. Matthew's, Cobb, T William's and maybe Crosby will all most likely be gone. Nick Perry is useless and were stuck with him. Daniel's is regressing. Kevin King is a medical bust. After all those picks on defense and $ spent we have Kenny Clark and Jaire Alexander to show for it. The rest are JAGS and bodies. The roster has been gutted.

We lack elite talented playmakers on offense and have holes on the offensive line. If you think 2010-11 and that team were not even close on offense.

I dont even know where Gute will start with this mess. There is no margin for error. I have always been an optimistic homer but were in the gutter.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people here don't like Colin Cowherd, I've said before I don't like Max Kellerman. He added some more fuel to that fire this morning. He said the NFL should change the name of the Super Bowl trophy to the Bill Belichick trophy, and that it eventually would be.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
A lot of people here don't like Colin Cowherd, I've said before I don't like Max Kellerman. He added some more fuel to that fire this morning. He said the NFL should change the name of the Super Bowl trophy to the Bill Belichick trophy, and that it eventually would be.

We have no one to blame but ourselves. Just another consequence of leaving an incompetent GM be in charge way to long.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That has been mentioned before but I just don't think it will happen. They might as well just erase everything that happened before 2000 if they do.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have no one to blame but ourselves. Just another consequence of leaving an incompetent GM be in charge way to long.
He had a couple of bad drafts near the end for various reasons, but come on man. he built one super bowl team. had a couple super stars stripped away early and then built another one for a 2014-2016 run but they choked it away and then were decimated with injuries.

I know, I know, every team deals with them, but those teams also don't win super bowls either outside of rare exceptions. What we saw yesterday was the norm, to mostly healthy teams at the end.

Anyway, a guy who built a super bowl winner and assembled a team again for another run a few years later was hardly incompetent. and that was just a couple seasons ago, so you're "way to" long statement is way too shortsighted to have any meaning.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots have a great coach and a great QB. But they should not be considered one of the top tier football franchises when you look at the history of the NFL.

To be considered a truly great, top-tier NFL franchise, you must have a winning tradition that spans multiple decades, multiple coaches, and multiple QBs. The Patriots have only won Super Bowls under Belichick and Brady. They haven't proven they can win with anyone else yet. They shouldn't be in that top tier of teams that includes the Packers, Cowboys and Steelers.

D

Deleted member 6794

He had a couple of bad drafts near the end for various reasons, but come on man. he built one super bowl team. had a couple super stars stripped away early and then built another one for a 2014-2016 run but they choked it away and then were decimated with injuries.

I know, I know, every team deals with them, but those teams also don't win super bowls either outside of rare exceptions. What we saw yesterday was the norm, to mostly healthy teams at the end.

Anyway, a guy who built a super bowl winner and assembled a team again for another run a few years later was hardly incompetent. and that was just a couple seasons ago, so you're "way to" long statement is way too shortsighted to have any meaning.

It's ridiculous to suggest that Thompson was incompetent but the Packers held on to him too long which has resulted in an overall lack of talent pn the roster that will unfortunately take longer than expected to correct.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to suggest that Thompson was incompetent but the Packers held on to him too long which has resulted in an overall lack of talent pn the roster that will unfortunately take longer than expected to correct.
Yeah, we know what happened. It happens. Teams cycle down at some point and some of his decisions are directly responsible for it. I didn't skip over that when I made my post.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots have a great coach and a great QB. But they should not be considered one of the top tier football franchises when you look at the history of the NFL.

To be considered a truly great, top-tier NFL franchise, you must have a winning tradition that spans multiple decades, multiple coaches, and multiple QBs. The Patriots have only won Super Bowls under Belichick and Brady. They haven't proven they can win with anyone else yet. They shouldn't be in that top tier of teams that includes the Packers, Cowboys and Steelers.

If that's the criterion, don't forget to include the Broncos, Redskins, Ravens, 49ers...

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That has been mentioned before but I just don't think it will happen. They might as well just erase everything that happened before 2000 if they do.
I saw a program on TV the other day that talked about Joe Namath and the Jets getting the first win for the AFL and "inventing the modern Super Bowl in the process" (it was the first game to officially be called the Super Bowl). I thought "Great, not only do most people not remember or care about all of GB's NFL Championships before the Super Bowl era, now they want to discount our first two Super Bowl wins as well).

Winning even ONE Super Bowl is an incredibly difficult accomplishment, so don't take this wrong:

If you're not named Bill Belichick, about the most you can hope for these days is winning one Super Bowl. Nobody else is building teams that wins multiple Super Bowls right now. Winning one Super Bowl is basically "mediocre" success on a high level. We're just one of numerous other teams that couldn't repeat their success. New Orleans looked like they had a chance this year, but it wasn't to be.

D

Deleted member 6794

Winning even ONE Super Bowl is an incredibly difficult accomplishment, so don't take this wrong:

If you're not named Bill Belichick, about the most you can hope for these days is winning one Super Bowl. Nobody else is building teams that wins multiple Super Bowls right now. Winning one Super Bowl is basically "mediocre" success on a high level. We're just one of numerous other teams that couldn't repeat their success. New Orleans looked like they had a chance this year, but it wasn't to be.

Well, here's a list of teams that have won more than one Super Bowl since the start of the 1997 season:

Patriots (6), Broncos (3), Ravens (2), Steelers (2), Giants (2)

Considering the Packers have had Favre and Rodgers starting for all of those seasons that's disappointing even if it's tough to win a championship in the NFL.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Well, here's a list of teams that have won more than one Super Bowl since the start of the 1997 season:

Considering the Packers have had Favre and Rodgers starting for all of those seasons that's disappointing even if it's tough to win a championship in the NFL.
And there were gaps with 4 of those 5 teams not having a HOF worthy quarterback like the Packer have had.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ah, but in accordance with the standard use of stats and verbiage around here, if one takes "these days" to mean since the 2006 season, it's only the Pats.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts