Bring Brett Back II

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamwest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I talked to Ryan, apologized for not following the rules and he has graciously granted me permission to post a new thread and publish the URL again.

I cannot help the fact that I am new here, but none the less I am a diehard fan, and a Packer Owner.

How many times have you seen a scam where the scammers post their names and where they live on a website? None! This is not a scam. We started this because we feel Brett wanted to come back for 1 more year. After hearing Bus Cook’s statement to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:

“It's my opinion," Cook said of the Packers' lack of interest. "I know he wants to play one more year. I do not know much conversation there was (between Favre and the Packers) and I don't think anyone forced him to make that decision. But I don't know that anyone tried to talk him out of it."

That iced it for us. We think it won’t take much to have him come back. Brett, we know your tired, take the summer off dude! Just hit that Bowflex Revolution a couple times a week and we’ll see you in August.

We talked with many fans that felt like they were frustrated, that they could do nothing but sit back and watch. Our solution was a win-win-win for everyone.

Win - fans get to be pro-active, do something, and feel better that they did.
Win - big pile of money goes to Breast Cancer relief/research.
Win - Brett gets moved by the outpouring of the fans and decides to come back.

Will he? Who knows, but don’t knock a group of fans that are trying. We love Arod, and we’ll love him for the long haul, we think Brett is still the man for just ONE MORE YEAR!!!

If you don’t have $10 bucks, go vote in the KIDS area for now… If you think we should leave him alone, then go vote for that.

There are 2 petition sites out there I have seen where 4-5,000 people have signed a petition to have Brett come back. We felt that wouldn’t be enough of encouragement, and money drives everything these days. Hence the old adage “money talks, bs walks…”

About the money, we set a goal to keep costs down so that at least 90 cents of every dollar goes directly to the charity! There is a board of directors (NON PAID!) and a CPA put in place to ensure that.

According to http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=48

“Our data shows that 7 out of 10 charities we've evaluated spend at least 75% of their budget on the programs and services they exist to provide. And 9 out of 10 spend at least 65%.”

We’ll be doing 25% better than the 9 out of 10 charities.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now i can say it.......WELCOME to the site Adam! :D
I wasn't trying to give you a hard time in the other thread, I just didn't want you to get in trouble.

OP
OP
A

adamwest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that whether you personally think this is a good idea, or not, think this will work, or not, members of this forum are probably connected via email to tens of thousands of Packer fans all over the world. I ask that you pass this URL to them and offer them the chance to participate.

Who knows, you may think this is the dumbest idea ever… and your mom might give $50!!!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt think this was a scam in the first place Adam, I am all for it. I dont think Brett will come back as I stated before. But the money does go to a good cause so why not? Again thanks for posting this.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I never thought it was a scam..Just using an image with out consent..

I know David sent along the web site to Deanna and Bus

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sure Deanna will be okay with this, it is bringing her money for her charity, what would be wrong with this? If I was running a charity and someone did this, it wouldnt be a bad thing.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally hope the onemoreyear website gets national attention.

Because then it would show Aaron Rodgers that the fans have absolutely no confidence in him. That ought to do a pretty good job of shattering his confidence for the home opener - a game in which he will already be smothered by the shadow of Brett Fav-re in front of a national audience.

Come on people, you are making this transition much harder than it needs to be. What do you really want from Fav-re? Let's say he comes back and plays well. Would you be any more willing to let him retire next year? No. You (the fans as a collective group) will never be happy with him retiring unless he posts another 4-12 year like he did in 2005.

How do you want Fav-re remembered? As the HoF QB who took his team all the way to the NFC Championship game his final year? Or the overage QB who should have quit while he was still ahead?

It is time to be thankful that you were fortunate enough to have a great QB play for you fo so long, and accept the fact that it is over.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally hope the onemoreyear website gets national attention.

Because then it would show Aaron Rodgers that the fans have absolutely no confidence in him. That ought to do a pretty good job of shattering his confidence for the home opener - a game in which he will already be smothered by the shadow of Brett Fav-re in front of a national audience.
I agree that we all need to move on without Brett. I strongly disagree however, that Aaron's confidence will be affected by any of this. He would not have made it this far if he didn't have confidence in himself. He will face far more adverse situations in his career, than some website that wants Brett to return. So if he lets THIS rattle his confidence, then he should just go ahead and retire now.

OP
OP
A

adamwest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, come in and say this is the last year, no if's ands or buts!!!

Then we can get past all the "is he gonna" "isn't he???" and we can all enjoy watching the most fun to watch QB do his thing.

ONE MORE YEAR, PERIOD!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also believe that this should have no baring on Aaron's confidence. A QB surely has to take more then this to get rattled. He also knows how many fans love Brett Favre my gosh hes been our QB for along time, but this doesnt mean now that we dont support Aaron.

I also believe that some people may still want to post things about Brett Favre, and there is nothing wrong with this. I have moved on, but I will still talk about him here and in my home to ever wants to listen. :)

And if someone like Adam wants to try then let him try, what do we have to loose by doing this, just an awesome charity that will get some money.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, come in and say this is the last year, no if's ands or buts!!!

Then we can get past all the "is he gonna" "isn't he???" and we can all enjoy watching the most fun to watch QB do his thing.

ONE MORE YEAR, PERIOD!

After Seattle game 2 years ago ( last game of season when Alexander broker td record)

Crowd was going 1 more year one more year..

We got 2 more..

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that we all need to move on without Brett. I strongly disagree however, that Aaron's confidence will be affected by any of this. He would not have made it this far if he didn't have confidence in himself. He will face far more adverse situations in his career, than some website that wants Brett to return. So if he lets THIS rattle his confidence, then he should just go ahead and retire now.

Perhaps confidence wasn't the right word. Instead let me say that it adds to the already enormous pressure that is being heaped on Aaron Rodgers come September 8th. He won't be Aaron Rodgers, starting QB for Green Bay. He will be Aaron Rodgers, the guy who is supposed to replace a legend. First start, national audience, division rival, retiring Fav-re jersey. I would expect that the halftime show will be 100% dedicated to Fav-re, as well as the entire pregame. Hell, I honestly expect the Mayor to declare it Brett Fav-re day (seriously). And if Rodgers does poorly, the talk of the entire week will be how he pales in comparison to Fav-re.

So bring on the pressure. :)

(FYI, I would have voted to leave him alone, but I really don't want to be lumped in with the KIDS, and I am not going to donate money just to vote no.)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure Deanna will be okay with this, it is bringing her money for her charity, what would be wrong with this? If I was running a charity and someone did this, it wouldnt be a bad thing.

Nothing, but i would have made the site where all money donated went went to the foundation..None of this once he comes back WE will send one big check

It can be done that way, so there is no denying it is going right to it

Send a letter to

Deanna Favre Hope Foundation
1 Willow Bend
Hattiesburg, MS 39402

And have them set it up

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I just realized that that entire header is a screen scrape from deanna's web site, which is actually copyrighted.
©2008 Deanna Favre Hope Foundation

Adam, I understand the nobility of what you are trying to do, but you may be treading on thin ice legally here. I realize that you are don't it for a good cause and out of pseudo-fun for Brett, but you are also making the assumption that Deanna would support something that could affect Brett's decision to stay retired.

Also, many foundations have specific clauses in their charter that limit where their name can and cannot be used. I think the assumption that the Deanna Favre Hope Foundation will be ok with it is a little risky.

No disrespect toward your goal meant at all, but you might want to do some CYA before advertising it on a rather popular packer site...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

I just realized that that entire header is a screen scrape from deanna's web site, which is actually copyrighted.
©2008 Deanna Favre Hope Foundation

but you are also making the assumption that Deanna would support something that could affect Brett's decision to stay retired.

I think the assumption that the Deanna Favre Hope Foundation will be ok with it is a little risky.

No disrespect toward your goal meant at all, but you might want to do some CYA before advertising it on a rather popular packer site...

B-I-N-G-O

My feeling is Deanna "probably" is okay with it and might even find it flattering..

However if she does nothing about this site, other people might take notice and make something similar and NOT have good intentions..

As I keep saying, I would have GOT her permission before going live

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because then it would show Aaron Rodgers that the fans have absolutely no confidence in him. That ought to do a pretty good job of shattering his confidence for the home opener

1. A lot of fans have confidence in him - more than I would have thought. I assumed the first post-Favre guy would be screwed, but a lot of people are behind Rodgers, which is nice.

2. If a couple pro-Favre websites\anti-Rodgers websites really bother a pro player, then they shouldn't be playing pro sports. I know you're used to fickle players on your team, but as usual, Green Bay is better than that.

Do you know what Rodgers did when he got the phone call about Favre retiring? Do you think he got rattled, nervous, threw up? No. He woke up, answered his phone, got the news, hung up, and went back to bed. It's business as usual for these types of things.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am temporarily locking this forum and removing the link. Usually in a case like this Ryan posts in the Mod Forum that he has allowed solicitation. There is no such post. Til I hear from Ryan This will remain locked.

:locked:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This post is my fault. I did give adamwest permission to post on this.

However, as I look at it, and after the discussions I have had in the past with people within the Packers organization, I can not condone or support a site with such glaring copyright infringements on it. I have had problems here with this in the past, and have worked with Packers PR people to allow what we have here without problems from the Packers or the NFL.

As such, my site cannot knowingly condone a site, or it's operation, that is obvious copy right infringement. Until this is corrected, and there is proof that this operation is legitimate, or proof that there is a true tie to the non for profit - members beware, and donate at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts