Brian Brohm a Buffalo Bill

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Though it's still not clear who if anyone is running the show in Buffalo, someone had enough juice to land second-year quarterback Brian Brohm.According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Bills have signed Brohm from the Packers' practice squad.Per the...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good for him I guess.... he will probably get to play and do something Favre never did even though he wanted to... THROW TO T.O. HAHAHAHA

He choose to go somewhere where he will play, good choice on his part because he wont be playing in GB.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brohm is really taking a risk, when the bills get him and he does not perform he will be on the street quickly. With a temporary coach this year who knows who will be there next year. He is really taking a big risk.

Here with Green Bay he would have a chance to remain on the roaster in some fashion as long as TT and MM are here, because we have a second round pick invested.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet that move really pissed off TT. That just puts more heat on him keeping 3 full backs. What will be Green Bays move for a third QB? This may cost TT some money to find a vet that can perform if the unthinkable could happen. Considering we have the most sacked and hit QB, I can't see TT doing nothing.

Based on who he brings in it may bump Flynn to the third position. I can't see TT putting Flynn on the practice squad, somebody else would pick him up.

So who else on the 53 roster are we going to bump down to the practice squad? TT may have to give up this 3 full back experiment.

Like I said TT is not having a good day. He lost a 2nd round pick in less than 2 years, who we have invested alot of development and time. He has to find someone on short notice who can run our type of offense and make a decision on Hall, Kuhn, and Johnson. Johnson was not activated against the Cowboys. I guess we could put Kuhn on injured reserve, even though we were considering playing him in a splint. If we place Johnson on the practice squad I think someone would pick him up also.

it will be interesting

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thursday, November 19, 2009

QB Mike Reilly signed to practice squad

The Packers have signed QB Mike Reilly to the practice squad. He's a 6-3 rookie from Central Washington who spent the summer with Pittsburgh.

Reilly takes the place of Brian Brohm, who signed with the Buffalo Bills, a source confirmed this morning.

-- Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like, I think it was Hauschild, said, you cannot keep wasting high picks and expect to win, when you use so sparsely the Free Agency. Only if you suceed in finding studs as undrafted free agents and in the waiver wire. Does Grant compensate for a 1st (Harrell) and a 2nd (Brohm)? I don't think so.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like, I think it was Hauschild, said, you cannot keep wasting high picks and expect to win, when you use so sparsely the Free Agency. Only if you suceed in finding studs as undrafted free agents and in the waiver wire. Does Grant compensate for a 1st (Harrell) and a 2nd (Brohm)? I don't think so.

But I think Johnny Jolly and Pickett do. Though 2007 was a bad year. And Woodson pick up the year before helps to even out things.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OUCH, but I'm glad Brohm is gone. Otherwise, fans wouldn't be able to make a clean break and really, truly accept Brohm was a horrid selection - especially as a 2nd round pick.

Jordy Nelson
Brian Brohm
Pat Lee

These types of drafts do next to nothing for an NFL team. Can anybody honestly make a case that our current or future team would hurt tremendously without these three players? If so, give me the recipe for the ***** yer drinkin'.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
OUCH, but I'm glad Brohm is gone. Otherwise, fans wouldn't be able to make a clean break and really, truly accept Brohm was a horrid selection - especially as a 2nd round pick.

Jordy Nelson
Brian Brohm
Pat Lee

These types of drafts do next to nothing for an NFL team. Can anybody honestly make a case that our current or future team would hurt tremendously without these three players? If so, give me the recipe for the ***** yer drinkin'.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brohm actually doing well at his "new home" ...

Having said that, I do agree that spending a 2nd round pick on another quarterback, when it was apparent from the management that they already had their quarterback in Rodgers, seemed like a high price to pay ... - For that particular position ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jordy Nelson
Brian Brohm
Pat Lee

Nelson shouldn't be in there. He could surely develop into a stud #2 receiver.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson shouldn't be in there. He could surely develop into a stud #2 receiver.

Yeah, and I COULD be offered the position of CIO at my company. :)

IMHO, there were more glaring needs in that draft to use three 2nd round picks for depth purposes. Again, I love NFL team depth very much, but not so much when the starters are shabby and you could make a case that the ENTIRE offensive line we have at this moment is shabby.

Let me ask this, would you trade Pat Lee, Brian Brohm and Nelson or any combination for two, even ONE solid O-lineman???

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and I COULD be offered the position of CIO at my company. :)

IMHO, there were more glaring needs in that draft to use three 2nd round picks for depth purposes. Again, I love NFL team depth very much, but not so much when the starters are shabby and you could make a case that the ENTIRE offensive line we have at this moment is shabby.

Let me ask this, would you trade Pat Lee, Brian Brohm and Nelson or any combination for two, even ONE solid O-lineman???
So you're pretty good at your company, because Jordy Nelson is a very good receiver.

Which OL? Who you would've picked then? That was avalable?

Coulda Shoulda Woulda don't come into case. The debate is wheter Jordy Nelson was a good pick, and it was, as we have an aging Donald Driver.

It's ludicrous to try to make Jordy Nelson into a bad pick and a bad player because you disagree with the BPA philosophy.

You're not going to try to make Rodgers into a bad pick, too, or are you?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Is it selfish of me to hope he goes there and sucks it up? Probably. I still hope he does though. I don't want to be the Atlanta Falcons to Brohm's Brett Favre.

Buffalo is fast becoming Packers East. First Meredith, now Brohm.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Is it selfish of me to hope he goes there and sucks it up? Probably. I still hope he does though. I don't want to be the Atlanta Falcons to Brohm's Brett Favre.

Buffalo is fast becoming Packers East. First Meredith, now Brohm.

Well, if in fact Brohm does well ... Then spending a 2nd round pick on him would be justified ... Just too bad for Brohm that Rodgers was a Packer first ...

Comparing the scouting reports of Brohm and Rodgers (pre-draft scouting reports), sure does make interesting reading ... :happy0005:

JerseyAl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is THANK GOODNESS! The albatross is gone. Now TT may even feel the need to get a decent backup in here for next year... Nah, I'm sure he thinks Matt Flynn is Kurt Warner in waiting.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if the Packers hadn't taken Brohm in the 2nd round someone else would have. The freaking draft is a craps shoot no matter how you look at it. Tim Couch was a number 1 and a total bust. It happens. Then you get sleepers like Tauscher or more recently, Travis Havner. Underrated and completely overlooked.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson has potential to be a top 20 receiver in the NFL, and according to many analysts they think he has pro bowl potential. Leave him off the list, Lee is suspect but Brohm should of been better. He won't do any better in Buffalo I really don't think he is a good player in an NFL setting.

JerseyAl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson a bad pick?!? Wow how many beers do you have when you're watching the games?

I loved the Nelson pick when it was made.
I have felt all along he will be better than James Jones.
By next season, he will be a big part of the offense. Predicting it right here...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson a bad pick?!? Wow how many beers do you have when you're watching the games?

I loved the Nelson pick when it was made.
I have felt all along he will be better than James Jones.
By next season, he will be a big part of the offense. Predicting it right here...
Jordy does contribute when healthy on special teams.

Members online

Latest posts