Brett's Trade Value

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I know we have a dozen threads bout Brett and trading him. I'm curious, what value does he have and what can we get for him?

What do you think is reasonable, possible and fair that as a Packer fan you would feel 'ok' with?

Personally, I think a starter and a late first day or early second day draft pick.

ie (Sean Taylor and 2nd rd pick) from redskins

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be OK with the Dolphins 1st and 3rd next year.

wow, that would in fact be a steal.

Reaction score
I'd say conditional first day pick.

3rd round at least; 2nd round if Brett has 20-22 TDs, 1st round if Brett throws for 25 TDs.

I don't think we can expect a budding Superstar for Brett, who may play 2 years top.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think Miami would be a logical trade partner, and a high round draft pick with maybe a younger CB or RB prospect would be a nice addition in the deal.

But to be perfectly honest, I really don't see Brett being traded. By the time TT gets done finagling, ****ering, contemplating, and trying to wait the other team out in order to get a better deal, Brett will probably be retired.

Reaction score
I don't think any team would be willing to offer too much for Brett.

If TT goes to a team and says "what will you give up for Brett", it's pretty obvious he is doing so out of need. I think teams would try to lowball Ted to take advantage of his desperation to get rid of Brett (so to speak).

Thankfully, I think Ted's 'hard headedness' on not budging from what he believes is fair value would do a world of good here.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett will play 5 more years.

I do not feel he can quit.

I think the whole, "I am going to retire theatre we have seen the past three years was a cry for help and attention."

I feel Brett is addicted to the drive for success, and that is a great human trait. It is great however until one goes down in history as a "Has been on one of the biggest stages one can perform on."

What made Brett great was he is a fighter, it was his drive, his tenacity, his will to not give in, and his commitment. He reminds me of a few other fighters.

Ali was just like Brett. Forman had the same drive, so did Duran, and so did Sugar Ray, Tommy Hearns, Marvin Haglar, and Hollyfield.

Brett would have been a great boxer if only he did not pick up a football and realize he had the arm strength to hit someone as hard with a football as he could with a right cross.

How soon we all forget that Brett said he would never wear another Jersey other than a Packer Jersey.... But the fact is, it is not going to happen. He meant it when he said it and I am sure of that. However, regardless of what we say.... We are what we are.

With that in mind..... For the Bears..... He would be worth every draft pick in the next year, and Brett would be wearing three rings when he retires.

Now I know the Packers would never let it happen.... But if it did... Does anyone here really think the Bears would NOT win the next two Super bowls?

The saddest part of all is this... Regardless of your delusions about Brett as a Packer legend and his commitment to the people of Green Bay Brett would take that trade faster than you can say "Jack Robinson."

It is just the nature of a person who is addicted to winning.

There are very few Barry Sanders in the world, and Brett is not one of them.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

How true. It's just disappointing. I hope it turns out allright, no matter what happens. All in all, I think Brett will be back with the Pack. I hope.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

I think the whole, "I am going to retire theatre we have seen the past three years was a cry for help and attention."

I feel Brett is addicted to the drive for success, and that is a great human trait. It is great however until one goes down in history as a "Has been on one of the biggest stages one can perform on."

What made Brett great was he is a fighter, it was his drive, his tenacity, his will to not give in, and his commitment. He reminds me of a few other fighters.

Ali was just like Brett. Forman had the same drive, so did Duran, and so did Sugar Ray, Tommy Hearns, Marvin Haglar, and Hollyfield.

Brett would have been a great boxer if only he did not pick up a football and realize he had the arm strength to hit someone as hard with a football as he could with a right cross.

How soon we all forget that Brett said he would never wear another Jersey other than a Packer Jersey.... But the fact is, it is not going to happen. He meant it when he said it and I am sure of that. However, regardless of what we say.... We are what we are.

With that in mind..... For the Bears..... He would be worth every draft pick in the next year, and Brett would be wearing three rings when he retires.

Now I know the Packers would never let it happen.... But if it did... Does anyone here really think the Bears would NOT win the next two Super bowls?

The saddest part of all is this... Regardless of your delusions about Brett as a Packer legend and his commitment to the people of Green Bay Brett would take that trade faster than you can say "Jack Robinson."

RP - The fighter I'd compare Brett to is MMA legend Randy Couture.

If Brett Favre had been QBing da Bears in last year's SB, it would have been a wipe-out. Favre would have thrown for 3 TDs at least. Getting Favre would be the best thing that could happen to the Bears, but would be bad for us, as we may see shortly. I don't think fans realize how much Favre did with how little we had, and they won't appreciate him until he's gone.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

If Brett Favre had been QBing da Bears in last year's SB, it would have been a wipe-out. Favre would have thrown for 3 TDs at least. Getting Favre would be the best thing that could happen to the Bears, but would be bad for us, as we may see shortly. I don't think fans realize how much Favre did with how little we had, and they won't appreciate him until he's gone.

Damn right!

BinaryMasta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People even mentioning a first round pick , conditional or not, are crazy.

Moss went for a 4th round pick, A guy that is still young, and still has many years and alot of talent (when he feels like using it) left.

Yet you guys think Brett is worth a first?
Brett was an amazing QB, and can still throw. But he's just not his youngself.
If traded, I'm putting him on a 3rd round pick at best.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Raider Pride said:

Damn right!

199% right on the money !!!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off Favre isnt going to be traded but for the purpose of the thread I say we wouldnt get even a 2nd for Favre maybe not even a 3rd. He is playing 1 more for sure and the rest is unknow he is carrying around an 11 million dollar figure. Trent Green is out there and he has played as well if not outperformed Favre the last couple of years and he isnt even getting like a 4th.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Vick is suspended, and it sounds like he might be, then Atlanta is over a barrel and we might get a first round pick from them. Would be ironic since they got one from us for him. And if we can get a first round pick then do the deal. Time to move on and get Rodgers in there. Even if Brett stays we need to get Aaron some significant playing time to decide what we really have.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts