Brett+Packers+Reality

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. It still hurts after 24 hours. It is going to **** me off for the next two weeks every time I hear discussions about the Super Bowl.

But here are the facts.

M.M. did spectacular job over all this year, and if not for a 16-0 Pats team he would have been Coach Of The Year.

The loss yesterday really means losing two more weeks of this incredible ride that was the 2007-2008 season. The bottom line is the Pats are going to win the Superbowl, and would have no matter who won yesterday. The Packers are close but not there yet, and that is OK. That will be addressed in the draft and F/A. Just keep growing.

Brett- "What can you say?" Just an incredible year. I will be the first to admit he fooled me big time. He was the best option this year and I think he has another year left in the tank.

The only thing I hope MM changes as far as the Starting Quarterback next year is this. If the Packers are ahead big- Pull him, give Arron Snaps. If the packers are behind next year and Brett is not playing well- Pull him and give Aaron the opportunity.

I am proud of this team. Every damn one of them, no matter how they played as individuals, as units, and as a team yesterday.

It has been A GREAT Year.

Pats 52- Giants 21

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Great reality check, RP, and fine words, we should be proud of this season and this team, they are an amazing group of individuals and through thick and thin win and lose together as a team, we should support them and savor the possibilities for next season.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was actually going to post something like this. I don't know why, but today I am completely over the loss. Knowing that we have the amount of youth that will be sticking around only shows how long term our team's success may be.

-We gained important playoff experience for next year.

-Excluding a few positions, like guard and nickel DB, we are in very good shape. (Hopefully Rodgers can perform like he did in the Dallas game if Brett retires.)

-It is really hard to be disappointed in a team that over-achieved so greatly all year.

-We likely would have been beaten by the Patriots, thus carrying that Super Bowl Loser slump over our heads.

If Ted keeps drafting as affectively as he has, most of our gaps can be filled in.

Oh, and we should sign Faneca to take over at guard.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Agree.

Evil Empire - 161 (that's 13 touchdowns + XP's)
Pouters - 6

6? That's assuming Tynes' leg isn't tired from practicing fieldgoals all week ;)

EDIT: I just realized that the 6 is probably a Brandon Jacobs touchdown where Tynes misses the XP :D

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't worry about bozz. he's tired. he deserves a pass on this one. he probably pushed "1" instead of "2", and actually meant to type "23" instead of "13"

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ted keeps drafting as affectively as he has, most of our gaps can be filled in.

Note to all Packer Forum Members.

It was not R.P. that brought T.T. into this thread.

I purposely left T.T. Out Of My Original Post to avoid the thread being hi-jacked by the radical element of the fanatics. And I am one of the fanatics, so I banned myself from making a comment about T.T. in my original post.

Note to BryanAschenbrenner: Thanks for a great response. You brought into this thread some thoughts that I never would have thought of as far as your analytical view of the season past.

Cheers.

R.P.