Brett interview tonight on fox news

bigbyfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am watching NFL Live as I am typing this and they showed some of the excerpts. Brett says that Packers management is only telling half the truth. Yet, they don't say what the Packers are being "less than truthful" about. Should be interesting.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
See you when you return Pack93.

LOL.. not really.. I am addicted can't walk away even though I try like a bugger.. just waiting for a decision and then getting jacked for the season. ;)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
IMO.. this interview is going to paint Ted into a corner.. just got that feeling that it isn't going to be a supportive Ted interview.. more of a agree to disagree with some jabs lobbed in.

Maybe not.. that doesn't seem to be Brett's style.. but I think the court of public opinion will be the target tonight.. unless these two sides drop the ego and pick up the phone and talk this thing through soon.. I think the chances of Brett staying in GB decreases with every interview.

It definitely will. ESPN has shown some of the excerpts of the interview. I guarantee you WW3 is gonna break out on this forum. Some talk of TT telling Brett one thing and telling the media another thing.
Hmm.......the question then is...........who is telling the truth? Do you believe Brett, just because he's Brett Favre? I wonder if Favre ever told TT one thing, and the media another thing?
This can go back and forth like a tennis match, and quite frankly, i don't know who to believe. Favre said he would NEVER play for another team. Will that turn out to be true, or a lie?
It's got to the point where i really don't care anymore. No excuse is going to be enough for me. This SHOULD have been stopped before it even started. If wrong things were said to Favre, he should have come out with it months ago. That i would have repsected. But allowing all this crap to go on and on?
Like i said.........i don't care anymore WHAT happens, or what excuses are made on either side. I just want the season to start, and for all this crap to be put to it's painful end.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another famous Brett interview.

[flash width=250 height=200]http://www.youtube.com/v/m0k7836YJxs.swf[/flash]

Pack93z

Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
I guarantee you WW3 is gonna break out on this forum.

no it won't. everyone is going to be civil and everyone is going to like it.

Bring it Wyatt.. put Doc on the straight hauser just so they are less apt to try anything.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thing could have been handled so much better. As much as I'd love to see Brett come back and play because I truly think he is the best quarterback, I'm also disappointed that he didn't just come out and talk to us. Why in the world would you send messages through your mom, your brother and your agent. If he wanted to play, why in the hell not come out and talk to one of the Green Bay reporters.

He's been crying for so long about retiring, now he retires and now he wants to come back and play. But I'll say this, he sure as hell low balled the Packers and that I am not happy about. Why he's talking to Greta instead of a local reporter is beyond me. To me it's a cowards way of facing the media.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:

Oh snap, it da police.......................run..........

theres no running from my mouse. it's a top of line wireless Logitech, rubberized ergonomic grip, hair trigger left button to maximize speed-clicking when neccesary. i can lock threads from my driveway.. ;)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thing could have been handled so much better. As much as I'd love to see Brett come back and play because I truly think he is the best quarterback, I'm also disappointed that he didn't just come out and talk to us. Why in the world would you send messages through your mom, your brother and your agent. If he wanted to play, why in the hell not come out and talk to one of the Green Bay reporters.

He's been crying for so long about retiring, now he retires and now he wants to come back and play. But I'll say this, he sure as hell low balled the Packers and that I am not happy about. Why he's talking to Greta instead of a local reporter is beyond me. To me it's a cowards way of facing the media.
I hear ya Packed..........thats pretty much what i have been saying. It was handled about as poorly as it possibly could have.
And as i also have been saying.........he brought alot of it on himself with his indecision. He could have just came back, and there would have been nothing the packers or TT could have done to stop him except trade him. That would have taken 100% of the fault off of him, and put it on TT alone. But he didn't do that. And that i do not understand.
I hate it.

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with you but at the same time, Favre was trying to make sure none of this got out by talking through texts and friends. He didn't expect it to leak out like this during the slowest time of the football off-season and make national news. At least, I hope he didn't.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
arrowgargantuan said:
de_real_deal said:

Oh snap, it da police.......................run..........

theres no running from my mouse. it's a top of line wireless Logitech, rubberized ergonomic grip, hair trigger left button to maximize speed-clicking when neccesary. i can lock threads from my driveway.. ;)

Bored and stroked out too I imagine. (that's a car reference, pervs)

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is the interview going to be on the radio(602am)? i live in chicago i i dont think they will be showing it on fox.

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I thought we were talking about Fox News the Cable TV station, which means everyone would get it Nationwide if they had cable. However, if you're talking about the local programming "News on Fox", which I doubt, than you probably won't get it. I bet it will be all over ESPN though, no worries.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Per this quote.. Brett doesn't want to compete for the starting job.. he wants to handed back to him.. with that.. Ted call Cook tell him to shop for a trading partner and end this affair.. Brett picks the team, we seal the parameters of the deal.

I didn't think I would ever say this, but Brett it is time to end the relationship as the Green Bay QB.. thanks for everything you have done, but your not being fair in this account. Starter or nothing eh.. time to move on.

Brett Favre said:
“Them moving on does not bother me,” Favre said. “It doesn’t. I totally understand that. By me retiring March 3rd, I knew that could possibly happen. All I was saying is, you know, I’m thinking about playing again.”

Van Susteren, who is from Appleton, Wis., and is a Packers shareholder, said Favre made it clear he would not return to the Packers if he wasn’t the starter. And while Favre said the Packers asked him for a list of teams to which he would accept a trade, he wants to be released to make sure he ends up on a competitive club.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett didn't anticipate this to make the national media he is extremely naïve. Stories like this are never kept secret. I actually suspect he played it out to benefit himself through leaking to his friends and family.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What more do you want than an acceptable list of teams you would go to? Pick the competitive ones and let the Pack choose.

Pack93z

Reaction score
What more do you want than an acceptable list of teams you would go to? Pick the competitive ones and let the Pack choose.

= Somewhere were I can hand it to Ted's team.. I think this is a personal matter for Brett now.. either that or he was to negotiate a new deal with up front money?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"If I'm going to play it's going to be 100% commitment.... And so if you move on, you tell me one thing, don't come back and tell the public,... just say it. 'You know, we've moved on and we'll work with Brett on whatever it is.' Don't make up a lot of stuff or give half of the truth."

Members online

Latest posts