Brett interview tonight on fox news

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The thing about all this.. in the Walker situation, wasn't it Favre that came out and dogged Walker about not holding up his committment to the Packers and his contract.. so shouldn't the same apply here.. you are under contract with the Packers.. if you want to play.. join us and compete for playing time.

Ironic.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be a he said she said all the way. There is no Brett in Green Bay next year. Those quotes seal the deal for me. IMO please.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thing falls right on Brett Favre, and you cannot mix it any other way. If Brett didn't want to retire, he wouldn't have. At the time Brett chose to quit he even admitted this had nothing to do with Ted, or was Brett lying to us? If the guy didn't want to retire, then why did he? To quit on his team, his coach and then tell them he now wants to come back is just wrong. He doesn't give a **** about Aaron Rogers, and I don't care if he does or doesn't. But he damn well should care about the fans that have revered him. I'm so angry with him right now because 1) Why hasn't he come out and talked to the local media, 2) Why is he going through his mom and brother, 3) he's making a mockery of Ted Thompson and the entire organization who not only created the opportunity for stardom, but they were there for him when he went through the most difficult times of his life. Now in return he has done a lot for Green Bay too.

One last thing that has always baffled me about Brett and I don't understand it. Wisconsin has some of the best schools in the country and Mississippi some of the worst. Why wouldn't you send your kids to school in Wisconsin and live here as many of the other greats have done?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it's not really important. I'm just wearing so thin on all of this. I don't believe for a moment that Brett was forced into retirement. I think they may have said to him, we want you back, but we have to stop this waffling every year because that's not good for the team or the fans. You just don't play with people's emotions like that. I also believe that Brett held alll the cards, not Ted Thompson. If Brett would have come out and said, Thompson is forcing me to retire, that would have been the end of Thompson. However, he didn't say that, which makes me think this is all ******** and Brett is in over his head now. The only way he can come out of this looking good is to destroy someone else.

My advice would be, Brett stay retired.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thing falls right on Brett Favre, and you cannot mix it any other way. If Brett didn't want to retire, he wouldn't have. At the time Brett chose to quit he even admitted this had nothing to do with Ted, or was Brett lying to us? If the guy didn't want to retire, then why did he? To quit on his team, his coach and then tell them he now wants to come back is just wrong. He doesn't give a **** about Aaron Rogers, and I don't care if he does or doesn't. But he damn well should care about the fans that have revered him. I'm so angry with him right now because 1) Why hasn't he come out and talked to the local media, 2) Why is he going through his mom and brother, 3) he's making a mockery of Ted Thompson and the entire organization who not only created the opportunity for stardom, but they were there for him when he went through the most difficult times of his life. Now in return he has done a lot for Green Bay too.

One last thing that has always baffled me about Brett and I don't understand it. Wisconsin has some of the best schools in the country and Mississippi some of the worst. Why wouldn't you send your kids to school in Wisconsin and live here as many of the other greats have done?

The hardest thing I have trouble with is accusing the Packers for a poor decision that he alone made. You take ownership for all decisions you make and any other excuse for a way out of a bad decision is an excuse for a way out.
What's even more troubling to me is he made this same decision TWICE.
The Packers have gone way out of their way to give him the room and honor the space he needed to make the decision best for him and he throws this sorry excuse back in their face?

"I felt pressured." Really? How many interviews with MM and TT occured over the last three years where they have said "look, it's his decision, and he will make it when he's comfortable. He's earned that."

A million? Two million?

I feel it's ironic TT is getting beat up around here when in years past he was beat up for not getting Brett to make a decision SOONER because it was starting to HURT THE PACKERS. Or did we forget about all those threads.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The rest of your quote notwithstanding... you don't really think someone with the resources Brett has would be concerned about the quality of public schools, do you? I may be wrong, but I'd bet the vast majority of NFL kids are in private schools. Just a guess on my part.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet Vikings and Bears fans are having a blast with Favre dissing the Packers like this.
I never thought i would see this happen.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet Vikings and Bears fans are having a blast with Favre dissing the Packers like this.

Well this will be over soon enough and it will be buisness as usual. But for them they still have to live with the fact they are Bears and Viking fans.
:lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Well this will be over soon enough and it will be buisness as usual. But for them they still have to live with the fact they are Bears and Viking fans.
True.......very true.
I just don't like that they have this to laugh about. They should have to suffer 365 days a year for their fandom! :lol:

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

[flash width=250 height=200]http://www.youtube.com/v/5P6UU6m3cqk.swf[/flash]

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about all this.. in the Walker situation, wasn't it Favre that came out and dogged Walker about not holding up his committment to the Packers and his contract.. so shouldn't the same apply here.. you are under contract with the Packers.. if you want to play.. join us and compete for playing time.

Ironic.

Walker does not equal Favre. Walker does not even equal Jennings anymore.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will watch this interview. I don't know how much I trust what Brett says about how things went down though. He is a lot more of an emotional person, and when it comes to this stuff, I think it clouded his mind a number of times over this past off-season.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Not comparing the players.. comparing the situation.. both had a commitment to the Packers via contract, both want to terminate said contract.. Favre spoke out against Walker for not honoring his commitment, true?

bakler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Not comparing the players.. comparing the situation.. both had a commitment to the Packers via contract, both want to terminate said contract.. Favre spoke out against Walker for not honoring his commitment, true?

that is about as true as it gets. I just don't know what to do about this whole situation. the sad thing is that i shed tears for this man, much like thousands of other die hard packers fans, when he was going through all those hard times, and even when he retired. Now he is acting like this to the team and fans that where there through everything with him. Its hard to believe that some one i grew up admiring is acting like all the athletes i have come to hate over the years.

If he had the stones he would shut his mouth and come back and win back his job that he lost when HE decided to retire. Emphasis on the he part of that sentence.

Members online

Latest posts