Brett Favre

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am one of the people who became a packer fan because of favre. he is just one of the best qbs i have seen.

this dosent mean im not going to be a backer fan after favre leaves, i will still support the packers even when favre is gone.

some people done realize what a great qb they have on theyr team.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks,
I've been a hard-core fan since '76. I watched Lynn ****ey, who had tons of talent, struggle because he had no offensive line. When he had time, he was able to get the ball to Lofton (who by the way is considerably better than any receiver the Pack has had since, including even Sterling Sharpe), but most of the time he was on his back. He was the first Packer QB to throw for 4000+ yards, and when he was on, he was amazing. His stats show otherwise simply because he had no time to get the ball off and had to force throws.

Now, I'm seeing Favre out there struggling and it reminds me of ****ey (I'm not at all saying ****ey was in the same class as Favre, just using the comparison as an example). What folks don't understand is a QB's potential is only as good as the OL allows. If you have no time to throw, you're going to hurry throws, regardless of the pressure. Once you take a few hard licks, you'd realize what I mean.

I think those of us who have played on a college or even a high school level as QB understand what I mean. Now just imagine that DE who buried you into the dirt 100 pounds heavier AND twice the speed, and you have the NFL.

Put Peyton Manning behind last year's OL and you'd have a QB out for the season with a severe injury. (This year's OL isn't much better). Put Rodgers in there and soon you'll have Ingle Martin starting with Rodgers out for the season. I think a lot of us fans have taken for granted just how tough #4 is.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Yeah....in today's world Michael Jordan would be booed for scoring 48 in a game 7 loss, because of failing to make the final shot for the win. Ooooohhhh....what short memories people have.

There is a big differance between Jordan scoring 48 in a losing effort to what Favre is doing.
Let me know when he throws 4 TDs and no INTs and gets booed.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a great thread. Finally a Favre appreciation thread. The fact of the matter is the guy can still play a high level wether anyone likes to admit it or not. He still has as good an arm as anyone in the league and knows the offense and defenses hes facing inside and out. He has basically seen it all. I, for one, will miss the hell out of watching him play when he's gone. I hope he isn't gone for another 2-3 years unless of course his family needs him to stay home for good which is obviously very understandable. Brett is my very first ever sports hero. I started watching him when I was 9 years old. I am going to enjoy watching him play as long as he wants to play.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Bart Starr. Using the logic of the thread starter, we should all be behind Bart Starr, or Lynn ****ey, etc. as they contributed so much to the Packers.

Apparently there never is a time when a player's skills erode where they become less than they once were.

It has nothing to do with appreciating what that player has done, in this case Brett Favre. He led the team at his peak with remarkable ability.

But even the casual fan can see he is doing more negative than positive these days. It could be like a hitter's slump in baseball, but at age 37 within a few weeks, it could well be the end of the line is near.

There are other factors such as an inexperienced offensive line and few outstanding receivers to pick from. But he did more with less just a few years ago. Take a moment and go to NFL.com and check off the starting QB's for all 32 teams. Right now, after the Bear game, I can't put Brett any higher than middle of the pack.

I really resent having someone say I don't appreciate Brett Favre's contributions just because I question whether his skills have eroded. By the thread starter's logic, lets dig up Vince Lombardi and have him coach. He did much for the team and we owe him much. Better yet, dig up Curly Lambeau and we'll have double the power.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What were his stats at halftime net ?

You know, the stats BEFORE we were down 26-0 and he took those shots !!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
I'm a fan of Bart Starr. Using the logic of the thread starter, we should all be behind Bart Starr, or Lynn ****ey, etc. as they contributed so much to the Packers.

Apparently there never is a time when a player's skills erode where they become less than they once were.

It has nothing to do with appreciating what that player has done, in this case Brett Favre. He led the team at his peak with remarkable ability.

But even the casual fan can see he is doing more negative than positive these days. It could be like a hitter's slump in baseball, but at age 37 within a few weeks, it could well be the end of the line is near.

There are other factors such as an inexperienced offensive line and few outstanding receivers to pick from. But he did more with less just a few years ago. Take a moment and go to NFL.com and check off the starting QB's for all 32 teams. Right now, after the Bear game, I can't put Brett any higher than middle of the pack.

I really resent having someone say I don't appreciate Brett Favre's contributions just because I question whether his skills have eroded. By the thread starter's logic, lets dig up Vince Lombardi and have him coach. He did much for the team and we owe him much. Better yet, dig up Curly Lambeau and we'll have double the power.

You don't appreciate Brett Favre's contributions :lol:

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Bart Starr retired he was done, when Lynn ****ey retired he was done, if the word got out that Brett was going to retire, there would be at a minimum 10 teams who would be contacting him, wanting him to come play for them.
The problem is not that Brett's skills have deteriorated, the problem is that TT has, in a span of just over 16 months, turned this team to what was a yearly contender for the play-offs to a team that is considered the worst team in the NFL.
That is not re-building, that is just being plain stupid!!!!!!

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:

This seems like it's becoming the convenient argument to cover up TT's inadequacies as a GM.

Let's attack Favre and say that his skills are diminishing and that he's done "more with less" (which is untrue), thereby covering up the responsibility that TT has for creating this mess that is the Green Bay Packers. It goes along with the myth that Mike Sherman's team was so bad it had to be totally dismantled to get where we are today.

Net, Favre had a much better line, better running game, and better receivers than he has now, and there's no way you can deny it. It is simple fact.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:

Net,

You challenged everyone to look up Brett's stats to prove your point but you still haven't come back with his stats before we were down 26-0, why is that ? I think this is a fair question since your twisting the stats to suit your arguement !!!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:

They were about half of what Rex Grossman's were. 5 dump passes for very little yards is not going to convince anyone that his time in Green Bay is not done.
In his last 3 games against the Bears Favre has thrown 8 picks and no TDs. Every one of those games started with a score of 0-0 so please stop with the whole poor Bret was trying to save us when it was a lost cause bit.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I thought from this here you were done with this site? The Bears whoop up on the Packers and suddenly you have to get your licks in???

Lucky Bastid! Now we have to wait 16 weeks and 15 games before we can return the favor!!! lol

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

They were about half of what Rex Grossman's were. 5 dump passes for very little yards is not going to convince anyone that his time in Green Bay is not done.
In his last 3 games against the Bears Favre has thrown 8 picks and no TDs. Every one of those games started with a score of 0-0 so please stop with the whole poor Bret was trying to save us when it was a lost cause bit.

The Bears suck and they will be one and done in the playoffs again, that's if they even make it.

You are coming here to dump on Favre when he has a shell of a team around him that no NFL QB could do **** with. Look how well Brady did in New England without Deion Branch. You have to have some kind of talent around you to make something happen in this game. You're starting to sound like those Packer fans who have turned on Favre because our GM screwed this team so bad.

Go back to your hidey hole because no one wants your pathetic attempts at talking smack against Brett Favre here.

You sicken me, Bear puke.

Members online

Latest posts