Brett Favre

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am shocked by all the talk within the GB fan base regarding Brett Favre. What a short memory yall seem to have. Please allow me to correct that statement...I meant SOME of you so called fans but certainly not all.
I happen to know Brett and have enjoyed watching him from the time he was in High School at Hancock County through USM and onto the NFL.
In case some of you have forgotten yall got him from Atlanta for a 3rd or 4th round in trade I thinki and sat him on the bench. He actually got into a game because your starter got hurt during the game. He came in with the Brett Favre attitude of nothing to loose so go for it. That is exactly what he did....he went on to slinging the ball around and play from the hip and came out a winner. He has been your starter ever since and yall have gotten superbowl victories because of it. Now your team is struggling and Brett is getting the blame? How soon you forget. The man is a hall of famer for christs sake. The man CAN still play the game and better than alot of younger starters. Do you honestly believe that if you #2 qb was ready and capable and Brett couldn't get the job done that he would allow himself to play and keep a better player on the bench? That's not Brett I know. He'd be the first one to say "hey lets make a change" and he would support the new guy 100%. That's the class act that Brett Favre is and always will be. Yall just loved everything about him for so many years and now you seem to have taken it all for granted and are ready to just cast him off. Go ahead and dump him. He's probably washed up anyway. But watch out if you do cause don't think for a second that Chicago or Minn. wouldn't jump at the chance to get him and he'd eat your defense alive just like Grossman did only Brett would do things Grossman only dreams of doing.
Brett is still the man!!!! and no one in Green Bay should ever forget it.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saintfan said:
I am shocked by all the talk within the GB fan base regarding Brett Favre. What a short memory yall seem to have. Please allow me to correct that statement...I meant SOME of you so called fans but certainly not all.
I happen to know Brett and have enjoyed watching him from the time he was in High School at Hancock County through USM and onto the NFL.
In case some of you have forgotten yall got him from Atlanta for a 3rd or 4th round in trade I thinki and sat him on the bench. He actually got into a game because your starter got hurt during the game. He came in with the Brett Favre attitude of nothing to loose so go for it. That is exactly what he did....he went on to slinging the ball around and play from the hip and came out a winner. He has been your starter ever since and yall have gotten superbowl victories because of it. Now your team is struggling and Brett is getting the blame? How soon you forget. The man is a hall of famer for christs sake. The man CAN still play the game and better than alot of younger starters. Do you honestly believe that if you #2 qb was ready and capable and Brett couldn't get the job done that he would allow himself to play and keep a better player on the bench? That's not Brett I know. He'd be the first one to say "hey lets make a change" and he would support the new guy 100%. That's the class act that Brett Favre is and always will be. Yall just loved everything about him for so many years and now you seem to have taken it all for granted and are ready to just cast him off. Go ahead and dump him. He's probably washed up anyway. But watch out if you do cause don't think for a second that Chicago or Minn. wouldn't jump at the chance to get him and he'd eat your defense alive just like Grossman did only Brett would do things Grossman only dreams of doing.

I could not have said it any better, Saint.

OP
OP
S

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
it was actually a first round pick, but I agree with everything else.
I stand corrected..a first round pick. By the way in case anyone cares some of his family (I won't mention names) are lurkers on this site. He really is having a very difficult time and at a time like now some support by the fans would go a long way.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real issue is that Brett has been superhuman for so long that simply a human performance by him makes certain people think he's lost it. The problem with setting the bar so high is that average performances look terrible in comparison.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah....in today's world Michael Jordan would be booed for scoring 48 in a game 7 loss, because of failing to make the final shot for the win. Ooooohhhh....what short memories people have.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. I can't believe how many younger GB fans just don't get it. If Arron Rodgers is in we're in deep do-do. He'll make his 1 read and run, He's more likely to get injured and then we're on to our third QB. We'd be lucky to win another game at that point. This is a team sport, of all the sports, time to fault the Blocking, the receivers, the D (for letting the game get out of hand), the play-calling, and a few throws on Bretts part but not all of it. Put Brett behind a solid line and watch what happens. He still threw for over 3500 yards last year with basicly 1 WR and last years OL. Time to put down the Clearasil and actually watch a game.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks for the post saints fan i belive brett is the man he has a few years left to play and i think he is the guy who can help this team,our head coach needs to let brett deo the play calling when his plays are going no where,i dont care what the media says i have hope in our team one game does not end the season :)

OP
OP
S

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now yall are getting it. I just hope he has another bad game this week and then go on a tear.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saints i know you want a win but i hope it doent happen this week we need to win at home big time but good luck you have some good players :)

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
skibum55 said:
saintfan said:

I could not have said it any better, Saint.

Saintfan, thanks for your post. The only problem with Brett now is he has "too much class" and is still thinking about our team more than himself or his records or he would be gone. The irony of this situation is astounding !!!

OP
OP
S

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok but yall will miss him when he is gone. I'm done here. I'll check back in after the game. Good Luck I just want a good game.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett's still playing because he knows he's the quarterback on the roster that gives the Pack the best chance of winning. If he thought for a minute that Rodgers was more capable, I really think he'd have no problem stepping aside.

He is a class act and a true team player.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All well said. I think there is hardly anyone who wants him gone but as usual it's the moronic minority who blubber the loudest. I would disagree a little with saying younger fans don't know what Brett has done. Maybe younger fans as in new in the last 3 years but many old time Packer fans would be surprised to find out how many people were Favre fans first then became Packer fans. I been a die hard fan for 14 years now but up until a few years ago if Favre would of left for a different team I would of probably cheered for that team over the Pack. Right now it would be a toss up if he got moved. I think people should realize as great as the Green Bay traditon is if you take away Favre there would be thousands of people who would of never became Packer fans. Lets just hope no ones dumb enough to move him and I'll never have to make the hardest decission of my life

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
All well said. I think there is hardly anyone who wants him gone but as usual it's the moronic minority who blubber the loudest. I would disagree a little with saying younger fans don't know what Brett has done. Maybe younger fans as in new in the last 3 years but many old time Packer fans would be surprised to find out how many people were Favre fans first then became Packer fans. I been a die hard fan for 14 years now but up until a few years ago if Favre would of left for a different team I would of probably cheered for that team over the Pack. Right now it would be a toss up if he got moved. I think people should realize as great as the Green Bay traditon is if you take away Favre there would be thousands of people who would of never became Packer fans. Lets just hope no ones dumb enough to move him and I'll never have to make the hardest decission of my life

Wait. You're not saying that Brett Favre is bigger than TT and the Green Bay Packers, are you?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well maybe to me he might be pretty close and the way TT's going it soon could be yes. I've come to love the Packer traditon and have read almost anything ever written on the history and would never be able to cheer for a different team but ask most people who became Packer fans in the last 15 years if it's not cause of family or living in Wis. I'll bet you 80% of them would say they're fans because of Brett. I would never cheer for a different team but if it was Favre I might cheer for an individual over them.
Sorry to all this offends

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't offend me. But I think it will offend some people in Packer country.

It seems to be TT vs. Favre on the boards for some reason.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when i saw yet another thread about brett favre, i thought 'here we go again with the bashing' so i was pleasantly surprised to find a positive thread about him.

nobody will ever be able to convince me that favre feels he is above the packers organization. he is proud to be involved in such a storied franchise & has shown his loyalty & dedication to the team, the city, the state, & his fans many times over.

those who question his toughness - have him toss a pass to you & we'll see what you think then.

those who question his decision making - are the same ones who LOVED him when those passes were being caught.

he has made football a BLAST to watch again!! every single time he goes back for a pass i am on the edge of my seat wondering wtf he's gonna do - LOVE that adrenaline rush!

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
The real issue is that Brett has been superhuman for so long that simply a human performance by him makes certain people think he's lost it. The problem with setting the bar so high is that average performances look terrible in comparison.

It's even harder to be superhuman when the supporting cast around you has degraded so. If Favre was on another team with talent he'd be lighting it up for them.

Funny a Saints fan had to point this out though.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saintfan said:

Thats beautiful :D ITS WHAT MOST OF US HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL THE LONG!!! :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts