Brett favre number not to be retired this year

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
LOL where did Favre embarrass himself ? He almost made another SB with a different team. He wasn't embarrassed in the slightest nor does he care what some random fan on a forum thinks of him.

Sending nude selfies isn't embarrassing?

Also at no point have I ever implied that Favre does or should care what I think. I'm a random fan posting on forum expressing his a opinion, just like everyone else here.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time a thread gets started on BF it really opens up a can of worms and creates many replies.
Not meaning that it's good or bad. Just pointing out how it goes around here.

I'm among those of you who isn't over BF's betrayal either.
If he has a public ceremony, I hope that the fans will be just as disrespectful towards him as he was towards us.
You reap what you sow.
Booing or complete silence. So quiet that fans will actually find out that there are crickets living in the stadium.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time a thread gets started on BF it really opens up a can of worms and creates many replies.
Not meaning that it's good or bad. Just pointing out how it goes around here.

I'm among those of you who isn't over BF's betrayal either.
If he has a public ceremony, I hope that the fans will be just as disrespectful towards him as he was towards us.
You reap what you sow.
Booing or complete silence. So quiet that fans will actually find out that there are crickets living in the stadium.
LOL again , what betrayal? you are using all these personal terms as though he did something to you . He didn't do a damn thing to you nor does he owe you anything. He did his job as a pro ball player and you either buy a ticket and watch or you don't. You are a spectator not a life coach.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
LOL again , what betrayal? you are using all these personal terms as though he did something to you . He didn't do a damn thing to you nor does he owe you anything. He did his job as a pro ball player and you either buy a ticket and watch or you don't. You are a spectator not a life coach.

I guess in the normal realm of fandom we would merely be spectators. However with the Packers its different. I'm a season ticket holder and owner. :)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He retired and then wined like a little girl with a skinned knee when we gave the job to the current best QB in the NFL. He's a womanizing, lying, arrogant, ex-drug addict. How is he still married? Frankly after the nude selfie incident I'm surprised Deanna didn't leave him.
Thank you for bringing up another piece of mud of how BF tried to cheat on his wife.
That is one of the things that really pushes my buttons. Those who cheat on their spouses or partners.

First of all, I have no clue if BF ever actually did cheat on Deanna. We know he tried. The way he tried was just so klutzy and stupid that I wonder if he ever did it successfully?

As for Deanna still being with him?
I'm guessing that it could be for the money. Or else he has such an iron clad pre-nup that she wouldn't see a dime if a divorce is her call?
I dunno but I have a hunch that it isn't love that kept them together.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess in the normal realm of fandom we would merely be spectators. However with the Packers its different. I'm a season ticket holder and owner. :)

ok but if you actually got disgusted and dropped your season tickets the board of trustees and the front office wouldn't give a damn because someone else would by the tickets. No one cares about your feelings towards players or the team.

a couple guys have said they root for the team and not the players. If you actually did you wouldn't be talking about a player like an ex girlfriend or something.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is our choice to take it personal or not and how personal to make it.
No, BrINT did not do anything directly personal to any of us. He didn't shoot anyone's dog or impregnate anyone's sister (I hope not. Right guys?) and he may not be that bad to some while to others it's almost as bad.

Frankly, I think he is overrated and turned out to be a terrible QB. One of the worst in the NFL. But the media and some fans are all too willing to look past that with his "Aw, shucks," hillbilly never-takes-the-game-seriously-enough-to-win attitude.
I'm glad he left GB. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
What I can't stand is that he kept on changing his mind, makes himself look like the victim when he dug his own grave and went to a rival team and cheered on other rival teams even going so far to letting the Lions know of some Packers plays.
As someone else pointed out, it would go a long way if he would dig the hole for the hatchet by apologizing.
Of course we shouldn't expect him to apologize because in his mind he didn't make any mistakes.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, BrINT did not do anything directly personal to any of us. He didn't shoot anyone's dog or impregnate anyone's sister (I hope not. Right guys?) and he may not be that bad to some while to others it's almost as bad.

Frankly, I think he is overrated and turned out to be a terrible QB. One of the worst in the NFL. But the media and some fans are all too willing to look past that with his "Aw, shucks," hillbilly never-takes-the-game-seriously-enough-to-win attitude.
What I can't stand is that he kept on changing his mind, makes himself look like the victim when he dug his own grave and went to a rival team and cheered on other rival teams even going so far to letting the Lions know of some Packers plays.
As someone else pointed out, it would go a long way if he would dig the hole for the hatchet by apologizing.
Of course we shouldn't expect him to apologize because in his mind he didn't make any mistakes.

except he owns all the efing NFL QB stats or most and near the top and will be a first ballot hall of famer. He's been to 2 SBs. That's not over rated, that's superior cream of the crop dominance.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right, no one is calling Julius Peppers, Greg Jennings, or Ryan Longwell traitors.....because they signed free agent contracts with another team. They didn't retire and embarrass themselves for 4 years.

Having a hard time walking away from the game doesn't make him a bad guy, but the way he did it combined with being a drug addict and enjoying walking around in only his crocs and taking pictures does.

This is without a doubt the most illogical post I've ever seen.

Embarrass himself? By playing at an MVP level with the Jets before he tore his bicep, then Taking the Queens to the brink of,the Super Bowl in one of,the finest seasons any QB has ever had.....

(Some) People just can't get over the fact that Favre was a football player long before and long after he was a Packer...... It's the same for ANY football player......show me a guy who says he's retiring because he doesn't want to play for another team and I'll show you a guy who just won't admit he knows he can't do it anymore, or he's not willing to "pay the price" ( as Vince would say)..... Because to a player..... The game is way way bigger than what color jersey he's being paid to wear that weekend....
The casual fan just doesnt get it......to him the Packers ARE football.....a player knows better

I'm betting you were sporting a Favre jersey spilling beer all over yourself and singing his praise while he was kicking his Vicodin problem...... And the whole ***** gate thing with the jets".... The league investigated and found NOTHING..... But there were boobs involved so hey hey hey!!!!!!! Guess what...... A huge percentage of people at every game at Lambeau field have had will have or are having affairs (yes even given the size of a lot of the Packer home crowd LOL)....who cares.....this is professional pay for play football

SO yes you got one thing right, your post IS probably the most illogical you've ever seen

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Without Favre (along with Ron Wolf and to a lesser extent Holmgren), the Green Bay Packers would be Cleveland today, and Lambeau Field would be a deteriorating dump.
That’s BS. Without Harlan, the structure of the organization wouldn't have changed and without that change Wolf wouldn't have taken the job, so no Harlan, no Wolf. Holmgren is next in importance – look at the staff he put together in Green Bay.

This BS is frequently said by the “Favre was the Packers” crowd. They forget what a complete team Wolf and Holmgren put together and that Holmgren came close to benching Favre for Mark Brunell. No one knows what would have happened but Brunell QB’ed the Jaguars to the AFC Championship game and was a three-time pro bowler. With Brunell starting the Jags became the first expansion team to make the playoffs three times in its first four seasons. It’s hardly a stretch to think he would have succeeded with a more established team. Holmgren began the "Green Bay QB school" so to think the Packers would have been the Browns of today is ignorance born of hero worship. When you talk about “idiots … with short memories and no brains” check the mirror.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
except he owns all the efing NFL QB stats or most and near the top and will be a first ballot hall of famer. He's been to 2 SBs. That's not over rated, that's superior cream of the crop dominance.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Two of those stats are for fumbles and interceptions.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fumbles_career.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_career.htm

As for the SB? Yeah, winning one out of two isn't exactly bragging rights.

I would agree with you and admire him more if he didn't **** in the water cooler that the GB fans drink out of.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Obvious trolling or just plain f'ing stupid?

Get over it already. This is so pathetic how a football player you don't even know, can still have this affect on you today. Its time for his number to be retired, and if you are the type of person who would go and possibly pay money to boo Favre, you are a truly sad person. and possibly a failure in life.

I have been a packers fan since 1994( or sometime around then), and I was over it 2 years later, I was upset the packers didn't load up and bring him back and try and get him one last ring but in the end it was for the better. Why should it matter where a player ends up playing when you don't want him? Please answer that question.

The NFL is a business, the owners can cut a player without paying him his contract. There is no loyalty from the owners end, so why do we hold the players to a higher standard and expect them to do everything for the team when the team doesn't always do the same?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I am a relatively new Packer fan (2009) and never really had the chance to see Favre play. But from what others have told me, he and Reggie White brought the Packers organization back from obscurity and helped create the winning environment that we have today. Favre also holds every important QB record, which makes him a GREAT player. The fans in Green Bay should let bygones be bygones and welcome him back and retire his number and place him on the ring of honor in lambeau field. Overall, he will remembered as one of the greatest Packer players.

There we go again......we should do this, we should do that !! As you say yourself, you are a relatively new fan and never saw him play. You are a fellow Packer fan and I respect you for that but please don`t tell me what I NEED to do ;)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The NFL MVP and the best QB in the league at the time actually hurt their chances of winning the Super Bowl? Did Harlen, Holgrem, and Wolf throw those long TDs in the Super Bowl?

Also, look at all the Super Bowl winners from the last 20 or so. How many teams won it without a QB playing at a very high level? Not many at all.

This is hands down the most illogical post I have ever seen.

1986 Bears - Jim McMahon; he literally sucked at QB rode his defense and run game

1988 Redskins- Doug williams; he came out of jail and was not that great, again riding a defense and run game

1991 Giants- Jeff Hostetler; who? LOL .....exactly

2001 Ravens- Trent dilfer; replaced an even crappier Tony Banks (who?) and rode a defense and a run game as well

2003 Tampa bay bucs; Brad Johnson....... no need to say anything

See..... those are off of somewhat recent memory, and I am sure there were more. You asked so I posted.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers saved favre waaaaaaaaay more than Favre saved GB. This guy was sitting at the bottom of the depth cart in ATL and didnt have a soul on the team supporting him. He was an alcoholic and an addict. Wolf and Harlan developed an amazing coach staff as well as put together a great roster. Even when he didnt need a starting QB he had many good to great qbs on the roster. Giving Favre too much credit is insulting to Wolfs legacy.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want to figure out why some people hate favre so much its mostly sh*t like this that left me bitter towards him, then click the link below. He betrayed the Packers, no way I can figure that without some major changes. His apology was a crock of horse manure. "we both made mistakes"... no you tried to do everything you could to manipulate your way to minn in order to try and get revenge on the packers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...tball-treason-tells-Lions-abou?urn=nfl,116014

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
ok but if you actually got disgusted and dropped your season tickets the board of trustees and the front office wouldn't give a damn because someone else would by the tickets. No one cares about your feelings towards players or the team.

a couple guys have said they root for the team and not the players. If you actually did you wouldn't be talking about a player like an ex girlfriend or something.

Correct, much the same way that no one here cares about your opinions.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
If you want to figure out why some people hate favre so much its mostly sh*t like this that left me bitter towards him, then click the link below. He betrayed the Packers, no way I can figure that without some major changes. His apology was a crock of horse manure. "we both made mistakes"... no you tried to do everything you could to manipulate your way to minn in order to try and get revenge on the packers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...tball-treason-tells-Lions-abou?urn=nfl,116014

As a Packer fan how can you read this article and not be infuriated? Oh thats right, Ram isn't a Packer fan.

D

Dan115

We me it is all about the team! !!!!! This person can go cut grass year round.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1986 Bears - Jim McMahon; he literally sucked at QB rode his defense and run game

1988 Redskins- Doug williams; he came out of jail and was not that great, again riding a defense and run game

1991 Giants- Jeff Hostetler; who? LOL .....exactly

2001 Ravens- Trent dilfer; replaced an even crappier Tony Banks (who?) and rode a defense and a run game as well

2003 Tampa bay bucs; Brad Johnson....... no need to say anything

See..... those are off of somewhat recent memory, and I am sure there were more. You asked so I posted.

About twenty years ago would be 1994. Not 1986, 1988, or 1991.

You've only listed two teams in the last 20 years two win it without good QB play. And the Ravens had one of the best defenses ever. The Packers defense in 1996 was good, but not historically good.

The game has been changing to be much more favorable to teams with good QBs and passing for awhile.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right, no one is calling Julius Peppers, Greg Jennings, or Ryan Longwell traitors.....because they signed free agent contracts with another team. They didn't retire and embarrass themselves for 4 years.

Having a hard time walking away from the game doesn't make him a bad guy, but the way he did it combined with being a drug addict and enjoying walking around in only his crocs and taking pictures does.

This is without a doubt the most illogical post I've ever seen.

We can disagree about Favre and how he left and embarrassment.

It's just unfathomable to me how anyone can think we won the Super Bowl in spite of an MVP QB who was the best in the league. If you can back that statement up to show how Favre actually hurt the team that year, I'd love to see it.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
About twenty years ago would be 1994. Not 1986, 1988, or 1991.

You've only listed two teams in the last 20 years two win it without good QB play. And the Ravens had one of the best defenses ever. The Packers defense in 1996 was good, but not historically good.

The game has been changing to be much more favorable to teams with good QBs and passing for awhile.

One could argue that Russell Wilson is not a top tier QB. He was lucky enough to be on a historically good team last year.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just do it already. Favre fans can be happy that it's done. Favre haters can be happy that the storyline of "When will they retire #4?" is gone. Win, win.

Members online

Latest posts