Brett Favre Hyundai Superbowl Ad

MediaNeelePM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is Paul M with Media Needle.

We're working with Hyundai on their Super Bowl spots and I thought Packer Fans would want to see outtakes from the Brett Favre Hyundai ad.

It's on Hyundai's Facebook page - Facebook.com/Hyundai

If you haven't seen the ad that ran during the second quarter today, it's also on Hyundai's main site, HyundaiUSA.com/Videos ..

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares? He's the QB of the Vikings

^This. He turned his back on us. I would've enjoyed it more if he wasn't in it and someone was wearing his jersey to make fun of him. The fact he's 'in' on the joke takes the funny aspect away.

Again, he's not our QB anymore. . .and seeing him during the superbowl just reminds me that he LOVES the limelight.

Aaron Rodgers is what I'm thinking about. . .not someone who does the same thing in NFCCGs just for another team.

GO A-ROD AND PACK!

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
This is Paul M with Media Needle.

We're working with Hyundai on their Super Bowl spots and I thought Packer Fans would want to see outtakes from the Brett Favre Hyundai ad.

It's on Hyundai's Facebook page - Facebook.com/Hyundai

If you haven't seen the ad that ran during the second quarter today, it's also on Hyundai's main site, HyundaiUSA.com/Videos ..

Hey Paul at Medianeedle**** why in hell would Packer fans care about a commercial featuring the Viqueens QB? Favre can eat my rod.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
This guy clearly didn't know his audience. :lol:

Honestly, we all have to admit the commercial was pretty funny, though. "2020 NFL MVP" :lol:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know what the **** makes you think Packer fans would be interested in anything Brett ****** does anymore, other than maybe ****ing retiring for good, finally. Maybe Hyundai ought to hire smarter people to come post to message boards like this.

Just saying.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he keeps proving that he is all about stats and records and now doing a commercial like this proves its all about money too.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think that a guy who is all about "self" and "ego" wouldn't do a commercial making fun of himself.

You guys really are pathetic. Hate the guy or not, that commercial was one of the better ones last night. The Bridgstone tire ad was funny too

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would think that a guy who is all about "self" and "ego" wouldn't do a commercial making fun of himself.

You guys really are pathetic. Hate the guy or not, that commercial was one of the better ones last night. The Bridgstone tire ad was funny too

I agree with ya...

Some posts around here are pathetic...

It getting to be as bad as how the OBF posters act towards Rodgers...

Anything Aaron does its wrong...And the reasons are pathetic...

With that said, they are not breaking any rules

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with ya...

Some posts around here are pathetic...

It getting to be as bad as how the OBF posters act towards Rodgers...

Anything Aaron does its wrong...And the reasons are pathetic...

With that said, they are not breaking any rules

Can you give me alink to that site? It sounds like it could be good for some comedic relief.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Well, he keeps proving that he is all about stats and records and now doing a commercial like this proves its all about money too.

Every notable athlete does endorsements. Some aren't noticed because they aren't a national commercial, but every notable athlete has endorsement deals. You can even hire Aaron Rodgers to do an appearance or commercial for you. Booking Aaron Rodgers Appearances, Contact Aaron Rodgers Agent Manager, Hiring Aaron Rodgers Speaker Engagements Costs Fees

I don't know why we would criticize Favre for this. It was funny. It was self-deprecating. I liked it a lot.

I said it in another thread, i'll say it here. You guys are nitpicking. There's plenty to hate Favre about, but now you're reaching. It's starting to feel like he could cure cancer and he'd be an ******* for taking the time to find a cure instead of deciding if he should retire or not. LT is right, it's getting bad.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Well - I for one couldn't care less if favre does commercials or doesn't - I just don't want to watch them. These days I don't particularly care what he does or doesn't do - he's not a Packer anymore. I can see why many find his self deprecating Sears and Hundai commercials funny but I do find them a bit disingenuous. I don't find anything about the guy funny and him joking about his inability to make decisions IMO is one way for him to deflect and spin what happened in Green Bay as him simply not being able to make up his mind and the team moving on - when in reality that is the extremely condensed Reader's Digest version. I don't believe that for a minute, I think he knew exactly what he wanted to do and was very manipulative in order to get what he wanted. I think just about everything he did was to some degree calculated. I think the second after he was rebuffed in GB he knew he wanted to go play for our rivals to stick it to the powers that be in GB for not kowtowing to him anymore.

I think the commercials in question are light hearted attempts to make him look like a lovable good old boy who just can't make up his mind when reality couldn't be further from the truth.

But it is what it is and he is a Viking now. I no longer care what he says or does unless it somehow affects Green Bay or the Packers. Therefore, his commercials really don't register with me in any sort of amusing way - honestly, I don't even like looking at him if I don't have to. I really can't wait for the guy to retire just so he (hopefully) fades from the public eye. Although, he loves the spotlight so much I really doubt he ever lets that completely happen.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell, I never knew that the retirement home had a football league? I bet favre still throws a pick in crunch time during their playoffs. LOL
Yeah and Fail is still on two feet and the dude who intercepts him is in a wheelchair. And it's not electric either.
:icon_smile:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The eye glasses were a nice touch.
And I liked the holographic trophy and the thing on the mic.
Other than that the message or the point of the ad got lost on me.
What does a future Burt Fail have to do with cars?

And I certainly don't feel like running out and buying a Hyundai.
I'm fine with my 97 Honda and very very happy with my bicycles.
:pleasantry:

Cartunist23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen to that Clay. Nothing Brett does could possibly amuse me at this point. I feel sick to my stomach just looking at him

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why the guy who created this thread thought:
a) We REAL Packer fans would care anything about Fraud's outtakes, and
b) Felt the need to spam our board with it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why the guy who created this thread thought:
a) We REAL Packer fans would care anything about Fraud's outtakes, and
b) Felt the need to spam our board with it.
Good points.

I think we should show Hyundai that Packer fans don't care about them by not buying their cars for a while.
:nea:

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The commercial, and along with the Sears' commercials prove that he has truly become a parody of himself. It's sickening actually.:viksux:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
What is Brett watching?

Maybe Hyundai should create a commercial that allows viewers to answer the poll:

In all three photos shown below, what is Brett Favre watching?

A. The superior performance of the new 2010 Hyundai Sunata 4-door midsized sedan

B. His perfect pass thread the needle between triple coverage into his receiver's hands for the winning TD in a playoff game

C. The efficiency and charisma of Hyundai's 2010 Elantra Sedan

D. Something else

Attachments

• brett1.jpg
    brett1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 95
  • brett2.jpg
    brett2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 85
  • brett3.jpg
    brett3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 107