Brett Favre Hyundai Superbowl Ad

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well - I for one couldn't care less if favre does commercials or doesn't - I just don't want to watch them. These days I don't particularly care what he does or doesn't do - he's not a Packer anymore. I can see why many find his self deprecating Sears and Hundai commercials funny but I do find them a bit disingenuous. I don't find anything about the guy funny and him joking about his inability to make decisions IMO is one way for him to deflect and spin what happened in Green Bay as him simply not being able to make up his mind and the team moving on - when in reality that is the extremely condensed Reader's Digest version. I don't believe that for a minute, I think he knew exactly what he wanted to do and was very manipulative in order to get what he wanted. I think just about everything he did was to some degree calculated. I think the second after he was rebuffed in GB he knew he wanted to go play for our rivals to stick it to the powers that be in GB for not kowtowing to him anymore.

I think the commercials in question are light hearted attempts to make him look like a lovable good old boy who just can't make up his mind when reality couldn't be further from the truth.

But it is what it is and he is a Viking now. I no longer care what he says or does unless it somehow affects Green Bay or the Packers. Therefore, his commercials really don't register with me in any sort of amusing way - honestly, I don't even like looking at him if I don't have to. I really can't wait for the guy to retire just so he (hopefully) fades from the public eye. Although, he loves the spotlight so much I really doubt he ever lets that completely happen.
For someone who doesn't care what he does or doesn't do, you have an awful lot to say about the man.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
For someone who doesn't care what he does or doesn't do, you have an awful lot to say about the man.

I have an opinion sure - does it bother me? No.

If someone asked me how I felt about many topics I'd have an opinion but that doesn't mean I really care what the people do.

So, are you trying to engage in legitimate discussion or stir up **** because I can do it either way with you - again, I don't care. Do I need to explain the difference or do you get it?:viksux:

Members online

Latest posts