Bret Retire NOW

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is not the same player he once was. No ****. He's a veteran though and still one of the best QB in the game. I think he'll be here for at least 1 more year. Since his last SB his teams have left a lot to be desired. The old Favre would've led this team to victory no doubt in my mind.

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is not the same player he once was. No ****. The old Favre would've led this team to victory no doubt in my mind.

funny, everyone was talking about this being his best season ever and this being as good as he was. i tohught he was supposed to be more smarter? i mean the old favre lost some close playoff games, but not once do i ever recall him literally throwin the game away on picks. its happened 2 times already, 3 if you count the 6 int game vs stl.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I honestly think Farve was cold from ******** his *** on the bench for damn near the entire game. Then sent out in OT and told to win it. His arm was cold, and probably had a totally numb throwing had.

I'm not saying he hasn't thrown games away in the past forcing balls into triple coverage (he tried tonight but luckily failed), but this was just a bad throw caused by the conditions imo. I still take Farve over I need a freaking haircut Manning. Honestly, having a game this cold was NOT in our favor with the type of offense we have.

jbroad70

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whoever started this thread is a moron. did you remember the season we just had???

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You people wishing for Favre to retire keep forgetting something. We ran for ONLY 28 FREAKING YARDS. It's really hard to win playoff games when your running game is completely taken out of the game.

Worry not. We'll be better next year. TT will improve our G position, get us some more speed and talent at CB. MM will work out some more kinks. And Grant will be able to take some more heat off of Favre, so Brett won't think he has to win it all by himself.

SB victory next year. :cool:

LonelyPoet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we should go and do a Postmortem about this game. It is over what is next is what we should think. We are all Sad accept it. See another fan if possible.....

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't even read half of the comments on this thread... because it's ridiculous.

Can the haters possibly have a more myopic view of the situation? Favre played beautifully all season in what was a MAGIC year. Our Packers, you know, that team that was picked by many to finish THIRD in our own division, won 13 games. It was a HELLUVA ride. Yeah, it's disappointing to lose a close game like that, especially when we didn't play our best football. Should we trade Grant? He didn't play well. Should we get 'ridda Harris? Should we fire Ruvell for that drop? I mean when does it stop.

Some of us go from hopeful fans to unrealistic, cynical jerks. We WEREN'T supposed to be good this year and we came within ONE game of the Super Bowl.

And Brett was a BIG part of that. War Favre 4EVER!

I'll want him to retire when he's not playing well. ONE game doesn't change that. Haters.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nuff said.

It's "enough" and sentences start with words beginning with capital letters. Your literacy matches your loyalty.

I am sure you weren't saying this about Favre last week when he made those incredible plays. Favre is the best thing to happen to the Packers. He will be back and we will be back.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
starpass said:
nuff said.

It's "enough" and sentences start with words beginning with capital letters. Your literacy matches your loyalty.

I am sure you weren't saying this about Favre last week when he made those incredible plays. Favre is the best thing to happen to the Packers. He will be back and we will be back.
Oh sure, but throw Al Harris under the bus, eh?

Don't forget what got us here. All of it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
cheesey said:
mrs cheesey here i dont know alot about football, but i know a dumb statement when i hear it

favre is the main reason we got this far in the first place

to say he should retire, rates as number one stupid award comment of the year

:thumbsup: Way to go Mrs. Cheesey!!!

Mrs. Cheesey - I told Alan he's my favorite poster on the board. Well, he's getting some serious competition from his wife. ;)

Everything will be okay. We'll be better next year. We're going to have to beef up the OL and give Grant something to run through. 28 yards rushing is not going to win many games.
thank you wischeez and zombieslayer!
and thanks for simplfying about grant having something to run through. like i said, i don't know alot about football, but i surprise cheessy by what i know.....maybe from being around him too much!

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bandwagon goes both ways folks. I'm not a "post counter" but I can't help but notice the majority of those agreeing with the topic have said little else on this forum.

To jump in after a game like this and outright blame it on one of the greatest NFL players you'll ever see is outrageous and uncalled for.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett should not retire. He had a great season. His only bad games were in the bitter cold. I think we need to game plan for those games better. Maybe start out with Brett then turn to Rogers once Brett looks ineffective. The harsh elements are for younger men to handle. Brett should still take all the snaps when its 20 degrees or above.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear to Christ, some of you ******** never played the game of football.

You certainly don't understand it. It is quite apparent in your posts.

This isn't friggin' Madden, you know.

Reasons why the Packers lost the game.

1. No running game. The Giants took away the running game and beat the OL all game long. Their D-Line wanted it more.

2. No short passing game. The Giants took away the short passing game. Hell we couldn't even run a screen play without the Giants blowing it up. The O-Lineman were too slow, and the RB's not patient enough to wait for their blockers.

3. Defense. "Defense wins Championships".
Yes..it does..when they show up...and the Giants won the championship because their D showed up!

4. Our receivers couldn't get open in the second half....Why? I don't know, but the Giants had them covered. Unlike our DB's who left people open all night...

What does that leave?

Deep passes and out routes on a cold, bitter night....

Why was Eli so successful.

His receivers were getting open because the Giants were able to run the ball and not be one-dimensional, like the Packer were....

Even so...One more lucky bounce (like falling on that fumble BUSH) and the Packers could have won that game, as horribly as they executed...

Oh, and lets not forget the stupid penalties on Al Harris and Nick Collins...

Yeah..but let's blame it ALL on Brett Favre...Yeah..that's logical.

I knew the morons were going to be out posting their nonsense....

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew after loosing this game and I would come on this forum and see Favre bashing once again. IMO some of you are the idiots.

Favre gave us the best year yet, he did NOT throw this game away it was a mixture of lots of things. Our D did play horrible, we had no running game, seemed to me that we went away from the play calling that won us games in the past, but maybe the weather played into it I dont know.

But to trash Favre, are you crazy. Now if we would have won this game everyone would have loved Favre am I right? To bad he did throw in interception at the very end, but there surely was more bad plays then this one. Once again it took the whole team to get this win, and we didnt do it. Am I going to condem them for this? HEC NO!!! I didnt think we would get this far this year and was so amazed by the coaching, Favre and our youngest NFL players on our team. Were the Giants the better team? Yesterday yes, but I still believe the Packers were the better team going into this game we just didnt make the plays needed to win simple as that.

I hope Favre is back next year and IMO I think he will be and then again he can prove to you nay sayers how great he is just like he proved it to some this year. He wouldnt be playing football if he knew he couldnt make enough plays to win games, and believe me he has won plenty of games this year for us all.

What makes me sad is for Favre to come this far and could have went to the superbowl and won. He could have went out the way he should have went out. Oh well, it wasnt meant to be, next year maybe will be our year. If you cant talk "great" about Favre then you shouldnt talk at all, he has done so much for us over the years, our players loose one game and some of you are all over him saying he should retire. Are you drunk? If so sober up and look at this past season and all of what this man has done for us and his football team.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett doesnt get all the credit for this GREAT season.
Brett doesnt get all the blame for this TERRIBLE loss.

Its a freaking team game, and anyone who blames one person is an idiot.
Its a freaking team game, and anyone who credits one person is an idiot.

The running game sucked because they were clogging the box, therefore the passing game which has been great all season should have come through. I personally think the O-line did a decent job against a very very good front four. Brett had time, grant didnt have holes... but they were stuffing the box. Part of that blame lies with Brett Favre. Part of that blame lies with recievers, a big part of that blame lies with coaching.

That being said... we have got to come to a point where we have a younger more mobile option sitting on our bench.
If our 10 million a year, veteran, quarterback is making rookie mistakes in crucial moments .... why not move on and see what we got. Loyalty and the fact that he is a hero to us all is great.... but we cant let it hold us back.

I am in no way demanding Favre be benched or cut or forced to retire. I love the guy... hes a legend. If he comes back ill be ******** my pants with excitement about it. But he has won 1 superbowl with at least 4 capable teams. thats not exactly an astounding record.

Favre please come back if you want to and truly think you can take us to that level... if not, I along with any other reasonable PACKER FAN... will be ready to move on.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brett and company will be back cant blame it all on one person the 4 peanlties on the d-line did not help i guess as fans we can pick the game apart but i belive next season will be even better :)

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here but let me say first, I'm a die-hard Packer fan from Minneapolis. And I have to say, this loss hurts. Why?

1) Because after Dallas fell to the Giants, we were favored to win and represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. I know some of you are saying that we finished 14-4 and we should be happy with that. B.S.!! We were one win away from the Super Bowl and by all means, we should be there considering the season we had.

2) Brett DID throw the game away. Be realistic. How did you feel when Tynes missed the last FG in regulation, then we win the coin toss in OT, only to have Brett throw an INT on our own 40 yard line??? I can tell you this, it sucked! We were in position to lose so many times, but we persevered through missed FG's and fumbled INT's. And when the time came for one of the most noticable name in Packer history to lead us into FG range, he choked. He choked. That's reality.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here but let me say first, I'm a die-hard Packer fan from Minneapolis. And I have to say, this loss hurts. Why?

1) Because after Dallas fell to the Giants, we were favored to win and represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. I know some of you are saying that we finished 14-4 and we should be happy with that. B.S.!! We were one win away from the Super Bowl and by all means, we should be there considering the season we had.

2) Brett DID throw the game away. Be realistic. How did you feel when Tynes missed the last FG in regulation, then we win the coin toss in OT, only to have Brett throw an INT on our own 40 yard line??? I can tell you this, it sucked! We were in position to lose so many times, but we persevered through missed FG's and fumbled INT's. And when the time came for one of the most noticable name in Packer history to lead us into FG range, he choked. He choked. That's reality.

Wake up and smell the roses, we did NOT loose this game because of Favre alone. Our team played poorly thats the bottom line. Get a grip

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MplsPacker said:

Wake up and smell the roses, we did NOT loose this game because of Favre alone. Our team played poorly thats the bottom line. Get a grip

Are you ignoring the fact that we had a chance to march down the field and win the game in OT??

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
MplsPacker said:

Are you ignoring the fact that we had a chance to march down the field and win the game in OT??

Are you ignoring the fact that they wouldn't have been playing in that game without him? C'mon folks. Get a grip on reality. Yes it's easy to say he threw a INT and the resulting posession resulted in the Giants winning but there was a whole season behind that.

Members online

Latest posts