Bret Retire NOW

OP
OP
S

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My 15 year old son is hurting bad right now...I had to console him. We are all hurting. Our team just lost. We have to put things into proper perspective. The sun is going to rise tommorow. We will go to work.
Some will have a day off. We have to move on. Let's not stay fixated on this loss. We still are the most storied franchise in NFL history. We have a young nucleus of players coming back. Brady is going to win the super bowl. This is his year. Not ours. The G-men pulled it off. They tackled better. They executed better. This is a team lose...But...the QB had the opportunity to win it...and he did not. Farve had a great year...all the records...now is the time to contemplate his retirement. He has a ring.
If he come back...I am fine with it...Let is be his decision and in his timing.
If would have been a story book finish IF he won the superbowl and could have gone out on top. But...it did not happen. Bret has earned the right to do whatever he chooses to do. I respect him either way...Oh..by the way...I started this post in a fit of major disapointment. Maybe...I should not have posted it. Second thought...I know I should not have.

This too shall PASS!!!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are two things I know for sure:

Brett Favre just led us to a 14-4 season when all the pundits picked us to be about 6-10.

Aaron Rodgers played very well against the Dallas Cowboys when called upon to play.

Quarterback is not a position of worry for any Packer fan. Now, were we able to run the ball tonight against a seven man front? Ponder that awhile and assign blame where it truly lies.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
4thand26 said:
pack_in_black said:
I disagree. But we need to find a way to keep his old *** warm in these late-winter games.

he can't get it done in the cold anymore.

Putting a hot pack down the front of your facemask??? *****

However, he had an unbelievable year. How can you pukes possibly say he needs to retire after a couple bad cold weather games? Look at his stats this year.

I guess since my quote said "I disagree", I'm one of those "pukes" who say he needs to retire?

Whatever, I'm drunk, I'm pissed, and I hope he comes back. That's my take.

LOL. Actually, I quoted you because I agreed with you. After I submitted, I wondered if you would think I was referring to yuo...I was not.

Drink lots of water...good for a hangover. WOnt change the score, however.

Word. Good form, as usual, 4th.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett played like an old man twice this year, once in Chicago and tonight.
He is also the reason we got to the championship game. He was a contributing factor to why we didn't ge to the Superbowl.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
LMAO! The all-time INT leader strikes again! This time to ice another game. Have a seat Brett.

Hey, how was it getting an early start on your offseason, man?

Bears were a freakin joke this year, and could never dream of a qb of even Aaron Rodgers' caliber.

No joke...

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was not Favre's fault that we couldn't run the ball or that receivers weren't getting open. We got outplayed. It happens. Come back Brett!

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nuff said.

1) if you can't spell his name right, you need to actually watch the team play and go back to school for spelling lessons

2) Brett did just fine this season and was the main reason we got as far as we did. To keep the momentum going, we will need him to continue working with the team during off season and next year.

Aaron Rodgers is still too yellow and can't handle the big time pressure yet, another year of working with Brett should help him out.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
28 yards rushing in a game like this and some fool wants to blame Brett.

Face it, we had a great season considering we were the youngest team in the league but we just were not ready yet.

Cheers to 14 and 4 !!!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant believe you guys!! are you aware of what you are saying? You want Aaron rodgers to come in when the only thing he has proven is that he can get injured... often. And all because Brett had a bad game in -4 degree weather? But lets move past the part where we had stupid penalties and played ****** defense all night and just pin it all on Brett.. yes Brett screw you for leading us to a 13-3 season and the NFC championship game.... screw you sir. After summing up what you guys said, doesnt it make ya feel a little bit retarded?

It's pure frustration. Brett is the guy who got us this far. Our defense was pathetic tonight. Burress was amazing because Harris was awful. For as good as we played all year. We didn't run our offense again. The four loses we have this year are all based on we didn't run our offense. Brett managed all those games we won. Tonight he didn't manage very wel and it was badly called game. We never went after their bruised and beat up secondary. New England will kill them becuase their coach will know to do that.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Face it, we had a great season considering we were the youngest team in the league but we just were not ready yet.

Cheers to 14 and 4 !!!

We were outcoached.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eap33 said:
pack_in_black said:
BearPerspective said:
LMAO! The all-time INT leader strikes again! This time to ice another game. Have a seat Brett.

Bears were a freakin joke this year, and could never dream of a qb of even Aaron Rodgers' caliber.

No joke...

Haha, a "joke" that swept your lame bunch of failures and over-the-hill loser. Even his own fans want him benched. It's a glorious day. Congrats on making the playoffs and winning once before being humiliated. Something really, to be proud of. And thanks for getting swept too. And Favre, thanks for the INTS.

That crap belongs in Smack Area, not here.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha, a "joke" that swept your lame bunch of failures and over-the-hill loser. Even his own fans want him benched. It's a glorious day. Congrats on making the playoffs and winning once before being humiliated. Something really, to be proud of. And thanks for getting swept too. And Favre, thanks for the INTS.

Sure. You're welcome for what was it, 1/3 of your wins this year?

"winning once before being humiliated." Yeah, an OT Conference Championship loss in sub-zero temps is reeeeeeal humiation.

Again, how was the early start to the offseason? You started in mmm, week 14 or 15 was it that you were eliminated from NFL relevance? **** and take your ignorant, retarded, troll bs somewhere else. *******.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
eap33 said:
pack_in_black said:
BearPerspective said:

No joke...

That crap belongs in Smack Area, not here.

well there is some truth to what has been said. I'm not offened by this at all. It's the way it is.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cheers to 14 and 4 !!!

Post of the day.

Thanks Winnipeg.

I'm going to cook some steak fajitas that have been marinating all day, then toast to a pretty dang good season. I expected us to be 8-8 or 9-7. 14-4 beat my expectations. It has been a good season.

Hopefully next year, Favre can lead us to an SB win and retire out on top.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly! I just went out to walk the dog with some awesome metal music in my headphones. I had a lot of fun. Maybe you guys should try that. I got over the loss pretty quickly... at least for a while haha

GO PACK GO!

IronBMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lambeau...in Jan....we are NOT suppose to lose. Bret gave them the game. Ryan Grant was WIDE open on the pick play. He tried a touch pass in minus four below weather. MM played not to lose. Where were the blitzes? Hawk...got faked out of his JOCK on the play before the second missed FG. The play calling was mediocre at best...Come on...passes that went side ways? Where was our superior receivers to their depleated secondary? WE CHOKED. What a disapointing end to a terrific season. 81% of viewer to ESPN picked the pack to win...OH...well, we get a better draft choice now. Set back and have an ol' milwaukee and CRY in our BEER!

Great post!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
mrs cheesey here i dont know alot about football, but i know a dumb statement when i hear it

favre is the main reason we got this far in the first place

to say he should retire, rates as number one stupid award comment of the year

:thumbsup: Way to go Mrs. Cheesey!!!

Mrs. Cheesey - I told Alan he's my favorite poster on the board. Well, he's getting some serious competition from his wife. ;)

Everything will be okay. We'll be better next year. We're going to have to beef up the OL and give Grant something to run through. 28 yards rushing is not going to win many games.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A tough loss. Yes, Favre made a few mistakes, the running game was capped by a good DL. Al Harris had a rough one. Still, I had GB 10-6 and this young team went farther than a lot of us thought. And they are only going to get better.

I think Favre has one more year left but, I think he will retire.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
This thread is full of emotion and lack of thinking.. Favre had a great year, lead this band of youngsters into the playoffs and didn't lay a complete egg tonight. He made about 3 to 5 bad reads and decisions, but he also made a couple of throws that made you go ohhhh!

It is embarrassing as all get out to see the turncoats come out with this crap after singing his praises a week ago. Sit back an think about the year we had.. it was a special year, even for Favre.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy lost the game not Favre.

Run the ball.

We haven't run a successful screen play all year. Let's throw more screens!!!

Al Harris is tough and says he doesn't need help... Let's blitz Bigby evry play instead!

IMO Might be time to scrap the man to man scheme.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, Brett Favre isn't gonna retire after a 4000-yard season.

He's not gonna retire after throwing 28 TD's.

He's not gonna retire after ENDING THE SEASON WITH AN INTERCEPTION.

There's still a lot of gas in that tank. The man had a 20-yard run against the Lions for Christ's sake.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, Brett Favre isn't gonna retire after a 4000-yard season.

He's not gonna retire after throwing 28 TD's.

He's not gonna retire after ENDING THE SEASON WITH AN INTERCEPTION.

There's still a lot of gas in that tank. The man had a 20-yard run against the Lions for Christ's sake.

Amen.

Members online

Latest posts