1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bret Retire NOW

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by starpass, Jan 21, 2008.

1. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My 15 year old son is hurting bad right now...I had to console him. We are all hurting. Our team just lost. We have to put things into proper perspective. The sun is going to rise tommorow. We will go to work.
    Some will have a day off. We have to move on. Let's not stay fixated on this loss. We still are the most storied franchise in NFL history. We have a young nucleus of players coming back. Brady is going to win the super bowl. This is his year. Not ours. The G-men pulled it off. They tackled better. They executed better. This is a team lose...But...the QB had the opportunity to win it...and he did not. Farve had a great year...all the records...now is the time to contemplate his retirement. He has a ring.
    If he come back...I am fine with it...Let is be his decision and in his timing.
    If would have been a story book finish IF he won the superbowl and could have gone out on top. But...it did not happen. Bret has earned the right to do whatever he chooses to do. I respect him either way...Oh..by the way...I started this post in a fit of major disapointment. Maybe...I should not have posted it. Second thought...I know I should not have.

This too shall PASS!!!

2. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There are two things I know for sure:

Brett Favre just led us to a 14-4 season when all the pundits picked us to be about 6-10.

Aaron Rodgers played very well against the Dallas Cowboys when called upon to play.

Quarterback is not a position of worry for any Packer fan. Now, were we able to run the ball tonight against a seven man front? Ponder that awhile and assign blame where it truly lies.

3. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Word. Good form, as usual, 4th.

4. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Brett played like an old man twice this year, once in Chicago and tonight.
    He is also the reason we got to the championship game. He was a contributing factor to why we didn't ge to the Superbowl.

5. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No joke...

6. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was not Favre's fault that we couldn't run the ball or that receivers weren't getting open. We got outplayed. It happens. Come back Brett!

7. screwballl

screwballl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    1) if you can't spell his name right, you need to actually watch the team play and go back to school for spelling lessons

2) Brett did just fine this season and was the main reason we got as far as we did. To keep the momentum going, we will need him to continue working with the team during off season and next year.

Aaron Rodgers is still too yellow and can't handle the big time pressure yet, another year of working with Brett should help him out.

8. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    28 yards rushing in a game like this and some fool wants to blame Brett.

Face it, we had a great season considering we were the youngest team in the league but we just were not ready yet.

Cheers to 14 and 4 !!!

9. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It's pure frustration. Brett is the guy who got us this far. Our defense was pathetic tonight. Burress was amazing because Harris was awful. For as good as we played all year. We didn't run our offense again. The four loses we have this year are all based on we didn't run our offense. Brett managed all those games we won. Tonight he didn't manage very wel and it was badly called game. We never went after their bruised and beat up secondary. New England will kill them becuase their coach will know to do that.

10. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Logging out till April ... this is all just too much.

11. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    We were outcoached.

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That crap belongs in Smack Area, not here.

13. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sure. You're welcome for what was it, 1/3 of your wins this year?

"winning once before being humiliated." Yeah, an OT Conference Championship loss in sub-zero temps is reeeeeeal humiation.

Again, how was the early start to the offseason? You started in mmm, week 14 or 15 was it that you were eliminated from NFL relevance? STFU and take your ignorant, retarded, troll bs somewhere else. Jackass.

14. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WE will be fine everybody! GO TO WORK! GO TO SCHOOL! TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS! WE WILL BE BACK! go pack go

15. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, i cant, Josh. MLK Jr. Day tomorrow. It's a holy day.

16. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    well there is some truth to what has been said. I'm not offened by this at all. It's the way it is.

17. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Post of the day.

Thanks Winnipeg.

I'm going to cook some steak fajitas that have been marinating all day, then toast to a pretty dang good season. I expected us to be 8-8 or 9-7. 14-4 beat my expectations. It has been a good season.

Hopefully next year, Favre can lead us to an SB win and retire out on top.

18. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly! I just went out to walk the dog with some awesome metal music in my headphones. I had a lot of fun. Maybe you guys should try that. I got over the loss pretty quickly... at least for a while haha

GO PACK GO!

19. IronBMike

IronBMike Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great post!

20. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Mrs. Cheesey - I told Alan he's my favorite poster on the board. Well, he's getting some serious competition from his wife. ;)

Everything will be okay. We'll be better next year. We're going to have to beef up the OL and give Grant something to run through. 28 yards rushing is not going to win many games.

21. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    A tough loss. Yes, Favre made a few mistakes, the running game was capped by a good DL. Al Harris had a rough one. Still, I had GB 10-6 and this young team went farther than a lot of us thought. And they are only going to get better.

I think Favre has one more year left but, I think he will retire.

22. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    This thread is full of emotion and lack of thinking.. Favre had a great year, lead this band of youngsters into the playoffs and didn't lay a complete egg tonight. He made about 3 to 5 bad reads and decisions, but he also made a couple of throws that made you go ohhhh!

It is embarrassing as all get out to see the turncoats come out with this crap after singing his praises a week ago. Sit back an think about the year we had.. it was a special year, even for Favre.

23. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    McCarthy lost the game not Favre.

Run the ball.

We haven't run a successful screen play all year. Let's throw more screens!!!

Al Harris is tough and says he doesn't need help... Let's blitz Bigby evry play instead!

IMO Might be time to scrap the man to man scheme.

24. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, Brett Favre isn't gonna retire after a 4000-yard season.

He's not gonna retire after throwing 28 TD's.

He's not gonna retire after ENDING THE SEASON WITH AN INTERCEPTION.

There's still a lot of gas in that tank. The man had a 20-yard run against the Lions for Christ's sake.

25. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Amen.