Bret Retire NOW

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
MplsPacker said:
Hi, I'm new here but let me say first, I'm a die-hard Packer fan from Minneapolis. And I have to say, this loss hurts. Why?

1) Because after Dallas fell to the Giants, we were favored to win and represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. I know some of you are saying that we finished 14-4 and we should be happy with that. B.S.!! We were one win away from the Super Bowl and by all means, we should be there considering the season we had.

2) Brett DID throw the game away. Be realistic. How did you feel when Tynes missed the last FG in regulation, then we win the coin toss in OT, only to have Brett throw an INT on our own 40 yard line??? I can tell you this, it sucked! We were in position to lose so many times, but we persevered through missed FG's and fumbled INT's. And when the time came for one of the most noticable name in Packer history to lead us into FG range, he choked. He choked. That's reality.

Wake up and smell the roses, we did NOT loose this game because of Favre alone. Our team played poorly thats the bottom line. Get a grip

Are you ignoring the fact that we had a chance to march down the field and win the game in OT??

If you came on here just to bash Favre then go back where you came from.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Tom Brady guy is HORRIBLE!

Three INTs in the Championship Game? He should retire immediately!

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying Favre needs to retire. I like Brett. But all the Favre apologists in here need to realize that he has to be accountable for that INT in OT. There were many deciding factors that contributed to the loss... no run game, bad pass coverage, no pass rush. But even with all that, what play ultimately solidified the Giants' win?

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go back to playing Madden...jr...

The Giants should have won this game twice before, but their FG kicker missed 2 FG's..

But then...

WHO WOULD YOU HAVE TO BLAME FOR THE LOSS THEN, TROLL...???

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MplsPacker said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
MplsPacker said:
Hi, I'm new here but let me say first, I'm a die-hard Packer fan from Minneapolis. And I have to say, this loss hurts. Why?

1) Because after Dallas fell to the Giants, we were favored to win and represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. I know some of you are saying that we finished 14-4 and we should be happy with that. B.S.!! We were one win away from the Super Bowl and by all means, we should be there considering the season we had.

2) Brett DID throw the game away. Be realistic. How did you feel when Tynes missed the last FG in regulation, then we win the coin toss in OT, only to have Brett throw an INT on our own 40 yard line??? I can tell you this, it sucked! We were in position to lose so many times, but we persevered through missed FG's and fumbled INT's. And when the time came for one of the most noticable name in Packer history to lead us into FG range, he choked. He choked. That's reality.

Wake up and smell the roses, we did NOT loose this game because of Favre alone. Our team played poorly thats the bottom line. Get a grip

Are you ignoring the fact that we had a chance to march down the field and win the game in OT??

I'm not here to bash Favre. Like I said, I like him and respect him. It just seems like some of you guys here can't accept the fact that Favre costed us the game when we needed him most.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying Favre needs to retire. I like Brett. But all the Favre apologists in here need to realize that he has to be accountable for that INT in OT. There were many deciding factors that contributed to the loss... no run game, bad pass coverage, no pass rush. But even with all that, what play ultimately solidified the Giants' win?

Brett apologists? No, we're being realistic. One man cannot win a Super Bowl for you. You need a team.

Favre wasn't good yesterday. Our running game got an F. Our OL got a D-. You expect to beat the Giants with 28 yards rushing? You gotta be kidding.

The Giants were better. How about giving them some credit?

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you talking about, Zombie...

Favre was good in the first half...

He threw 2 TD's...and drove them for a FG...

They were winning. As a matter of fact, with no running game to speak of...Brett Favre WAS the offense yesterday...

Without him..it would have been a blowout..

The problem is that the Giants shut down the short passing game in the second half and the GB coaches had no answers....just 3 and outs...

The Giants outplayed the Packers football TEAM.

It happens.

Also, the defense didn't help at all!

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sounds like a Giants thread. Manning is a bum most of the season and everyone in NY wants him benched. Now he is the savior of the team because he put together a few decent games. I'll take Favre over Manning any day. Manning will never be even close to what Favre is. I don't want us GB fans to be like a lot of NY fans. Stick with the guy who has brought us to more winning games than any other QB in history. Favre Forever!

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^Hey, even Montana had to move over for Young. I'm not saying Aaron Rodgers is Steve Young, but the 49ers knew when it was time to part ways with their most celebrated star athlete, the man whose brought them to most success. So who knows.

And once again, let me iliterate, I don't want Favre to retire. It would be fun to watch him win another MVP and SB ring. Then i could rub it into all these Viking fans' faces up here.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In a game that was decided in overtime you can go all night as to who "could of" costed us the game.

What if we recover the fumble on the 1 yard line?

What if we recover the fumble after the punt late in the game that two or three Packer players had their hands on?

What if we get that interception that was right in our defensive players hands on the NY Giants first score?

What if we don't take that questionable unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that allows the Giants to score?

What if Martin holds onto the pass that Brett throws perfectly into his hands and we end up with a touchdown instead of a field goal?

What if? What if? What if?

The game was there for the taking for both teams. They did more with their opportunities and deserved the win. We had difficulty with their running which opened up their passing. We were one dimensional and couldn't exploit their weakened secondary in the bad weather. I honestly believe in better conditions we beat them. Can't do anything about the weather, but make sure we have more players on the roster that can play effectively in the cold.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^Hey, even Montana had to move over for Young. I'm not saying Aaron Rodgers is Steve Young, but the 49ers knew when it was time to part ways with their most celebrated star athlete, the man whose brought them to most success. So who knows.

And once again, let me iliterate, I don't want Favre to retire. It would be fun to watch him win another MVP and SB ring. Then i could rub it into all these Viking fans' faces up here.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't done **** in the NFL yet.....

I can't believe people are calling for him to replace Favre after the year he just had!

Spoiled fans...i love them!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least they're not anorexic/bulemic heroin crackhead pukes from California!

Hey All about the packers, isn't Fuzznuts bordering on smack thread now w/this post???

ALways taking in to the extreme Fuzz. Glad to see I'm always on your mind.

Regarding the game:

Ryan Grant performed poorly in Lambeau conditions and it showed that his running style was not conducive to the weather.

That was what seem more exposed to me than anything. After that was the ripple effect...This forced the bad playcalling to more pass..to receivers who couldn't use their real speed..and forced Brett to make difficult throws in weather that couldn't allow it. THis made him make non "safe" throws. The ones that Eli Manning was able to do last night.

Manning only made throws straight and in front of him for the most part.
Brett was forced to make touch throws, across the body throws and
yes throws under more pressure.

It's a domino effect from the lack of running game that rippled through the packers.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Wow..those are the worst bikini girls I've ever seen.
ONLY in Wisconsin.

Love those rolls!

They look pretty damn good to me. I wanna see anyone in the world whose skin doesn't bunch up when they lean over like that.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent analysis Cal...

You are right on with what happened last night.

Too bad the reactionaries who don't understand football will never get it...and get that it's a TEAM GAME....

(Sorry about the other comment, but you shouldn't attack women about their body type. These girls are not fat. And a woman with a figure is better than a stick figure, imo...)

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding the game:

Ryan Grant performed poorly in Lambeau conditions and it showed that his running style was not conducive to the weather.

That was what seem more exposed to me than anything. After that was the ripple effect...This forced the bad playcalling to more pass..to receivers who couldn't use their real speed..and forced Brett to make difficult throws in weather that couldn't allow it. THis made him make non "safe" throws. The ones that Eli Manning was able to do last night.

Manning only made throws straight and in front of him for the most part.
Brett was forced to make touch throws, across the body throws and
yes throws under more pressure.

It's a domino effect from the lack of running game that rippled through the packers.

I'll avoid your forum war, but you are spot on with your analysis. I was wondering why Brett stopped making plays over the middle and the simple answer is he couldn't, or they would be risky as they would be across his body.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The wind knocked down that last pass...as Aikman mentioned last night...

It was a tough throw to try and get it outside in those conditions...

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
The defense lost this game not Favre!
Maybe Al Harris should retire.

I like that, great post.

Big deal; GB loses a play-off game and Brett throws an errant bullet. If Brett retires after this game, the guy that intercepted his last pass has a Golden Egg and best put it in a lock box. If Brett retires it will be on this last pass, an interception, which would haunt him for the rest of his life. Back next year, and hopefully better coaching, better defense and God help Brett, a real Offensive Line.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MplsPacker said:

Aaron Rodgers hasn't done **** in the NFL yet.....

I can't believe people are calling for him to replace Favre after the year he just had!

Spoiled fans...i love them!

IT's NOT that fans are believing Rodgers is BETTER than Favre right now.
It really has nothing to do w/that.(some people cannot seem to get past that point..TIME and TIME again)

It's that many packers fans are TIRED of seeing the same results from Brett

He played well and got VERY FAR this year. NO ONE can take that away.

Aaron would've NEVER gotten the team this far in this particular year.
YES..it is ME saying that. GASP! Looking at things objectively...
who knew?

Think of it this way.....it's like a coaching staff when they've run their course and players are tired of the same voice and even if the staff is a good one, and effective..sometimes people just need change.

That's what the outcry is for right now. CHANGE. And Rodgers represents change. It's not a comparison battle and that seems so much the defensive sticking point from all the Favre purists.

Try not to take it so personally. It's laughable and a bit scarey that people do take it personally. And they accuse me of being a family member of the Rodgers familiy? Are you guys closet wannabe Favre family members?
"Favre-spoiled" fans..gotta love em!

Fuzz..I wasn't attacking the women. Was a joke.

Again guys. People are sometimes WAY to hypersensitive in here.

IF I were attaching those women in person..then I could see your defense of them.
Those women are attractive..yes...are they the worst bikini girls I've seen in the league? Absolutely yes... The roll comment was was a joke.
They are not fat. But IMO..they aren't the best bikini girls I've seen.
LET IT SLIDE..it was a harmless comment.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was thewhole teams fault, not just Bretts, he mad bad decisions and made several mistakes. I dont want Brett to retire, he led the pack to a 13-3 season and without him we wouldn't of even made it to the NFC championship.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
MplsPacker said:

What if we were winning at that point? Our team played poorly up til that point of interception. We could have been way ahead by then. So dont put the blame solely on Favre. I am not saying he didnt have a part in it, but its as a team that they lost.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DGB454 said:
MplsPacker said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
MplsPacker said:

I'm not here to bash Favre. Like I said, I like him and respect him. It just seems like some of you guys here can't accept the fact that Favre costed us the game when we needed him most.

Sure seems as if you are bashing Favre and Favre alone for this loss which is ridiculous. If Harris could have taken care of Burress this game would have went our way. Burress has way to many catches in this game and noone on the Packers could defend him. Am I going to say it was Harris that lost us this game? NOWAY, its the entire football team that lost it for us. Favre made alot of great throws in this game and kept us in it without a running game he should get some credit for that. Also for the entire season most games were won using Brett's arm and his arm alone because we had no running game then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts