Breakout Packers for 2019

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about some Roster Cuts or players who may regress or not perform up to task?

Offense
- Tonyan, Kumerow, Boyle- Cult heroes. Not surprised if they get cut.
- Lane Taylor, though a veteran on the O-Line, if the rookies and depth show potential. He maybe at risk.
- McCray is the odd man out. Average play and at times performed subpar. Not bad for an undrafted but the younger guys will take over. With the signing of Turner, McCray should probably start packing.

Defense
- Montravious Adams is expected to 'get better' this year but if Looney plays well, I expect Adams maybe at risk of getting cut. Lancaster played more snaps and improved exponentially throughout the season.
- Sorry but I'm just not a fan of Oren Burks, great personality but I just don't think he can play. I know people have high hopes for the kid and it's only his second year but I just don't see him being able to shed blocks and teams will run all over him. I believe last season when Martinez went down for alittle, Tramon (or was it Morrison? dont @ me lol) took the helm, that sort of shows you how much they believed in Burks. REALLY, REALLY hope Burks can prove me wrong but I rest my case. Designated for special teams (but you don't sign 3rd round picks to play special teams..)
- Reggie Gilbert... No surprise if he gets cut, never did much anyways other than bum rush on preseason OLs.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aside from little investment, there's no real reason to say Kumerow will be cut. I think he has a chance to really contribute and push the level of competition up for our younger WR's. He's hungry to make a roster and the team showed some faith in his abilities last year.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aside from little investment, there's no real reason to say Kumerow will be cut. I think he has a chance to really contribute and push the level of competition up for our younger WR's. He's hungry to make a roster and the team showed some faith in his abilities last year.
I'm watching games from last season. Kumerow is very consistent and sound. He's where he's suppose to be, ran the routes well and Rodgers trusted him when he was on the field.

Reaction score
I’ll take Aaron Rodgers for 800 Alex. ;)
Also what many people forget is that Kumerow came into the league in 2015. He went through 3 full offseason programs and was on the PS for a substantial amount of time with Cleveland, not to mention another offseason program in GB.
He’s often injured that’s his biggest drawback. He’s got to show he can survive an entire offseason/preseason program without succumbing to injury. He’s fragile.
That said, he’s so much farther along than many of our newer WR options. His experience (albeit largely preseason) combined with flashes of big play ability and having symmetry with #12 makes him appealing. I believe he makes the final 53 or at least the PS. Much will depend on how he shows this preseason. He needs to continue to impress to overcome his injury history. Injury would be the one reason they might consider moving on, if the bug returns.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Although you could also turn that around and say that the Packers lack of activity at the position means that they still have confidence in him.

I mentioned that in another thread earlier as well.

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/2019-post-draft-period.82750/page-4#post-834267

Sorry but I'm just not a fan of Oren Burks, great personality but I just don't think he can play.

The Packers not investing into an inside linebacker aside of Summers and some undrafted rookies make me believe they will definitely hold on to Burks and plan on him playing for a significant amount of snaps.

Last edited by a moderator:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense: EQ and or Kizer. Both of them had LaFleur at Notre Dame, and have a slight leg up more so with EQ on their competition

Defense: I'm hoping it's Burks, but I think it'll be Josh Jackson

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Kizer is our breakout player, we're in big trouble.

Fwiw, EWSB wasn't there when LaFleur was.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we get tired of calling him EQ? If so, and considering his real name is Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown, ... then shouldn't we be using ETIJSB? ;)

Idk. I've always called him EQSB except when I fat finger it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's go with....

Offensively - EQ. I just love his smarts, size and I feel his route running is only going to get better and better.

Defensively - King. I truly feel IF he stays healthy King is going to remind Packer fans that Jaire isn't the only CB to be feared in Wisconsin by opponents. Downside is, if he doesn't I feel this is the last year he'll be in GB and will go down as another failed draft pick.

*Wildcard - Dexter Williams in the second half will be the bonafide #2 and give us on the ground at least 450 yds & 4 TDs, through the air 200 yds and 2 TDs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Defensively - King. I truly feel IF he stays healthy King is going to remind Packer fans that Jaire isn't the only CB to be feared in Wisconsin by opponents. Downside is, if he doesn't I feel this is the last year he'll be in GB and will go down as another failed draft pick.

I highly doubt the Packers would move on from King after this season even if he can't stay healthy in 2019.

Members online

Latest posts