Breaking down the "Final 6"

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Packers @ Lions (Thanksgiving Day Match)

- Another "must-win" game ... The Lions coming off a huge game against the Browns may have found some confidence, however with Stafford possibly sitting out, the Packers should win this ...

Packers win (7-4)

Packers - Ravens

The Packers playoff aspirations will be put to the test with this game ...

With Al Harris and Kampmann out this could prove a serious test as to how good the Packers are able to rally ...

The Ravens haven't been looking too good lately, and may be more "hungry" than the Packers are able to handle ... But having homefield advantage might just prove to be the deciding factor the Packers need ...

However, I think the Packers lose this one ...

Packers lose (7-5)

Packers @ Chicago Bears

Divisional games against the Bears are always a "dogfight", however, the Bears have not been having a very good season and even though it's on the road, I think the Packers will win nevertheless ...

Packers win (8-5)

Packers @ Steelers

The Steelers have had a rather disappointing season so far, - yet the Steelers always manage to play "up" (or down) to the level of their opponents ... - Pending on whether or not the Steelers can keep Rothlisberger healthy and the "Flying Hawaiian" being on point, being on the road this will be a very tough physical match up for the Packers ...

Packers lose (8-6)

Packers - Seahawks

Home against the Seahawks, should result in a "easy" win ... The Seahawks have had an abysmal season and are struggling on all phases of the game ...

Packers win (9-6)

Packers @ Arizona

This game could very well be an "all or nothing" game for the Packers ... Arizona with a healthy Warner has been playing very well ... - However, at this point, Arizona could very well have "clinched" their division and might just not play "full throttle" (at this point), however, if Arizona loses to Minnesota earlier, this game (for Arizona) could also still mean something, in terms of securing a better play off seed ...

This is the game I'm "most" unsure about as of yet ... as I see it can go either way ...

Packers lose and they are 9-7, which I don't think will be enough to secure a play off spot ...

Packers win and they are 10-6 and will get a wild card instead of the Cowboys over whom they hold the tiebreaker ...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think Arizona ends up resting starters, I think we win that game.

I've also come around to think we beat Baltimore straight up. All the evidence says to pick Baltimore, but I just have a hunch.

I do, however, think Chicago gets us. If there's one thing Lovie does, it's beat Green Bay when they're playing in Chicago.

So, i'll go 10-6.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers @ Lions (Thanksgiving Day Match)

- Another "must-win" game ... The Lions coming off a huge game against the Browns may have found some confidence, however with Stafford possibly sitting out, the Packers should win this ...

Packers win (7-4)

Packers - Ravens

The Packers playoff aspirations will be put to the test with this game ...

With Al Harris and Kampmann out this could prove a serious test as to how good the Packers are able to rally ...

The Ravens haven't been looking too good lately, and may be more "hungry" than the Packers are able to handle ... But having homefield advantage might just prove to be the deciding factor the Packers need ...

However, I think the Packers lose this one ...

Packers lose (7-5)

Packers @ Chicago Bears

Divisional games against the Bears are always a "dogfight", however, the Bears have not been having a very good season and even though it's on the road, I think the Packers will win nevertheless ...

Packers win (8-5)

Packers @ Steelers

The Steelers have had a rather disappointing season so far, - yet the Steelers always manage to play "up" (or down) to the level of their opponents ... - Pending on whether or not the Steelers can keep Rothlisberger healthy and the "Flying Hawaiian" being on point, being on the road this will be a very tough physical match up for the Packers ...

Packers lose (8-6)

Packers - Seahawks

Home against the Seahawks, should result in a "easy" win ... The Seahawks have had an abysmal season and are struggling on all phases of the game ...

Packers win (9-6)

Packers @ Arizona

This game could very well be an "all or nothing" game for the Packers ... Arizona with a healthy Warner has been playing very well ... - However, at this point, Arizona could very well have "clinched" their division and might just not play "full throttle" (at this point), however, if Arizona loses to Minnesota earlier, this game (for Arizona) could also still mean something, in terms of securing a better play off seed ...

This is the game I'm "most" unsure about as of yet ... as I see it can go either way ...

Packers lose and they are 9-7, which I don't think will be enough to secure a play off spot ...

Packers win and they are 10-6 and will get a wild card instead of the Cowboys over whom they hold the tiebreaker ...
I agree with everything you said... I was actually thinking of doing one of those...

I don't know why, but I fear more Chicago at Chicago than Baltimore.

If Baltimore lose to the Steelers, their playoff hopes will probably be over. They'll be at least questioning themselves, and I think we have a better shot at winning this than most think.

I see the calculations more or less like this:
We MUST win from the Lions and the Seahawks. There's no "but" in those two.

Arizona will probably have clinched the division by then, so that's also a must win.

The Steelers game is pratically lost already. They'll need that win, Polamalu, if I'm not mistaken, will be back, and they play at home. It's a lost.

So that gives us the Chicago and the Baltimore game. I doubt that a 9-7 team will make the playoffs, so we OUGHT TO win one of those games. If we do, we'll pratically get that wildcard spot. If not, then it's chaos, the armaggedon, people fired, you know the drill....

OP
OP
Quientus

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
(...)

So that gives us the Chicago and the Baltimore game. I doubt that a 9-7 team will make the playoffs, so we OUGHT TO win one of those games. If we do, we'll pratically get that wildcard spot. If not, then it's chaos, the armaggedon, people fired, you know the drill....

Personally I don't think a 9-7 record will be enough for a wild-card, however, given how erratic both the Eagles and Cowboys have been playing ... a 9-7 record just *might* be enough (with some luck) ...

Packers are facing the Ravens at a crucial time (for the Ravens) which is why I think it will be a much harder match up than most people think ... With a win on the road against the Packers, the Ravens will still be in contention for a wild card ... - Where as with a loss they will definitely be out ... - And at this time ... I believe that the Ravens are a better team than the Packers (in a much harder conference and division), which is why I picked the Ravens ...

Staff online

Members online