1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Brandon Jacobs.... if he wins his grievence..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by P-E-Z, Dec 10, 2012.

1. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    Should we try to grab him off waviers? He would be treasure trove of info on both the the 49ers and Giants....

2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    No.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Completely opposite kind of attitude that we need.

No.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    But I'm sure he will be happy to give away that info for free!

5. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
    We are already deep enough at HB with Green, Starks, Grant, and Harris. Although I would really like us to have a back that can pick up those 3rd and 1's.

It seems like it would be well worth it if he gave us worthwhile info, but I don't know what he's going to tell us that we don't already know. "Hey, they're going to try to pressure you with their front 4?"

6. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    Starks is out for now.

7. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    And Grant can scrub out yards if need be, though I don't imagine Starks or Grant sticking around much longer

8. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    I love the type of player he is but not the person. The dude can still play though IMO. Bottomline is I would not like him.

9. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    SMH.. I was waiting to see how long it would take for this exact thread to be started.

Someone, anyone, please explain to me why people insist on being so enamored with players, head cases even on other teams' rosters? What's wrong with the guys we have?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Some posters hear a big name and think he would be perfect for the Packers

We have 3 games left and a NEW RB would have to learn playbook (Grant knows our book and only got one carry)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Ugh.. I hope not. Maybe his talent would be a plus, but I just can't stomach the guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Because the average fan, myself included, is far and wide absolutely clueless and latches on to any name we recognize without regard to depth, style, or character and instantly over inflates them in our minds. Everyone cares about winning, few dare to care about the cost. I try to care about playing well.

13. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    IMO, Jacobs has a tendency to play a bit "soft" for his physique so I'm not excited about the prospect of picking him up. We already know the game plan for the Giants and the Niners: beat the **** out of us physically.

But the numerous comments above labeling Jacobs a "headcase" are obnoxious because (a) the knee-jerk, "he's a headcase" antagonism toward many players is often based on little more than rumor and innuendo, (b) nobody above has ever met Jacobs, much less knows how he would affect the Green Bay locker room, and (c) the same thing could have been said about Cedric Benson heading into this season (and no revisionist explanation can overcome the reality that he had a "reputation" at the point he came to Green Bay). I believe we brought in Andre Rison prior to our title in '96 despite his "reputation" as well and that turned out alright.

The lights of the media are very bright in the New York market and Jacobs has certainly shown some flaws under their glare.

Of course it doesn't make sense to try to accumulate troublesome personalities in the locker room. But dismissing any and all players that aren't completely vanilla discounts this team's leaders and their ability to maintain a winning culture as well as the reality that some people learn from their mistakes and mature with time.

Again, I'm not advocating for Jacobs. I guess I'm just criticizing a mindset.

14. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    That's Kuhn's specialty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,550
    The rap on Jacobs in NY was that he preferred bouncing his large self to the outside instead of banging it up inside.

16. UpDownEndAround

UpDownEndAround Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Jacobs might win the most overrated player in the league - that's saying something considering he wasn't rated that highly to begin with. Not to mention he loves him some Brandon Jacobs - thinks the world of him. This would be a terrible fit.

17. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,022
    I would've thought it would be the sociopath Moss to get thrown off the team before Jacobs. Who needs 'em?

18. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Any player who throws a helmet at a fan is a headcase in my book.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    Your all missing the point..... you take him not because you want him, you take him deny him to a team that wants and needs him....

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    See, that's how you lose games

21. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    That's also called wasting money. That big baby would demand a decent price tag, and TT wont do that for some late season run on a guy like jacobs. He has been bitten with the injury bug the last few years as well. Leave the scraps for a team that is stupid when it comes to the building process, let the cardinals or browns have him.

His so called treasure trove of info would be useless by now. Teams change up their signal calls, audibles, adjustments...etc... very often. He wouldnt be of any value even if we were to pay him for a consultation. Bottom line: he is useless to the packers.

22. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +132
    Brandon Jacobs sucks, nobody wants him, especially us.

23. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    There is a reason my friends and I call him "fatback." He plays like he's out of shape half of the time