Biggest game ever?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I like the intro that keeps building and building... It is a HUGE game, but now i'm feeling the pressure!

"The only way the Bears (12-5) against the Packers (12-6) for the NFC championship and a berth in the Super Bowl could be any bigger would be if George Halas and Vince Lombardi were on the sidelines, Red Grange was in the backfield and the halftime entertainment was Jack Dempsey vs. Gene Tunney."

Hands literally sweating as I'm typing now!

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It couldn't be a better situation for the NFL than to have David vs Goliath, the oldest rivalry in human history, to decide the NFC Championship.

On to no. 13!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think the game is getting overhyped simply because it's the oldest rivalry. Honestly the rivalry was kind of dead the last few years. The Vikings were a bigger rival until they collapsed this year.

It'll be a big game, but what NFCCG isn't big? SB is still the biggest game.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This game is the equivalent of World War III. Most hyped up since it was Jim Taylor vs Jim Brown. Go Packer Fans

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read this over on Packer Palace: " Someone in 1921 wrote that the Bears were "strongly disliked in every city in the league, except Green Bay and Rock Island. In those places they are hated."

Not sure about Rock Island, but it remains true in Green Bay 90 years later.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it could very easily be the most watched NFCC game ever!
Especially since the Pack has a bigger and wider fan base in the nation then da Bears.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest game for both teams in awhile.

Besides ppl from Chicagoland, NO ONE really wants to see the Bears in the SB Bowl though...

GB = A fan favorite = Ratings

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest game in rivalry history.

Absolutely. I was in Wrigley for the last game in 1968 when Don Horn and the Packers knocked the Bears out of the playoffs with a huge win. But this is much, much bigger.

Will Sunday ever get here?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite possibly the biggest game in NFC History. There's a TON of great story lines with this game- two very good teams, division rivals and the oldest rivalry in the NFL, slugging it out for the right to go to the Super Bowl. Loser will have to hear about it for the next 20 years, if not longer.

Un-friggin-believable.

Think I need a drink.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts