Biggest concern this season

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Rodgers, then I'd say Matthews getting injured. Our D completely changed when he came out of the Washington game last season, and then the next week without him Chad Henne managed to make some plays. Without Jenkins he's our only proven consistent pass rusher...

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that so many fans act like they're going to go undefeated and that the Philadelphia Eagles are the only possible team that could beat them (Which I don't understand). I hope the players don't have that mentality.

I mean, let's not forget this team was a Detroit Lions road victory away from not even making the playoffs. "In Ted we Trust" goes to "2 of 6." They almost blew the NFC Championship against the Bears and the Super Bowl against the Steelers.

They're going to have to play much better and more consistently than they did last season, no questions asked. I think they could probably survive a 3-4 game stretch without Aaron Rodgers, too. Matt Flynn will be amp'ed up for any playing time seeing it's a contract year.

I'd honestly be concerned with a Clay Matthews injury more than Rodgers.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People seem to say the Packers got lucky making the playoffs. I don't see how Tampa Bay losing at home with a golden opportunity and the Giants completely falling apart equates to luck. It's their fault they lost, no one to blame but themselves. Not like a miracle play at end of the game made them lose. They had 60 min. to clean it up and didn't while the Packers won all 6 games given to them in a row. Clutch

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Away games, and thats just how I am with my favorite teams in all sports. But the Packers did prove in the playoffs thats not a problem so.....

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People seem to say the Packers got lucky making the playoffs. I don't see how Tampa Bay losing at home with a golden opportunity and the Giants completely falling apart equates to luck. It's their fault they lost, no one to blame but themselves. Not like a miracle play at end of the game made them lose. They had 60 min. to clean it up and didn't while the Packers won all 6 games given to them in a row. Clutch

Not sure what luck has to do with anything.

The fact that they had to win 6 consecutive games just to have a chance at the no. 6 seed and a Super Bowl journey with 3 postseason road games suggests that there is still much, much room for improvement.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Excellent point. I might add, but it seems like sour grapes, that there was some pretty lousy officiating in a couple of those losses near the end of the game with calls and non-calls that may have been the difference makers in the game.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I was at the play-off game in Atlanta. It was SO LOUD in that stadium that I could barely hear the people next to me talk. I think that luck had nothing to do with the Packers being able to humiliate the Falcons the way they did, under such playing conditions. They looked more like a finely tuned machine.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was at the play-off game in Atlanta. It was SO LOUD in that stadium that I could barely hear the people next to me talk. I think that luck had nothing to do with the Packers being able to humiliate the Falcons the way they did, under such playing conditions. They looked more like a finely tuned machine.

Matty Ice froze!

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.Special teams
2. Left side of the offensive line
3. OLB

I think special teams has become a perennial problem for the pack and they seem to have some pieces of the puzzle brought in this year through the draft. I think a guy like Randal Cobb can help the packers a lot in the return game and hopefully keep Tramon Williams on the sidelines during punts. I held my breath every time he fielded a punt, to me it seems like too big of a risk with not enough of a reward to have him getting gunned down a few more plays a game. The left side of our offensive line i think is the the next biggest concern. I'm a believer in Clifton, and he showed little signs of aging over our Superbowl run, but i think it will be a very long season for him physically. I think he can make it and not see too much of a decrease in production but past this year would be a question mark in my mind. I also don't think we have a great replacement for LG. I think Sherrod will be affected by the lack of an off season and be slow to progress. I dont think we have seen enough out of Tj Lang to know if he can step in either.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing.

Returning to the SB. Or at least the playoffs.
A-Rod deserves to bring the playoffs back to Lambeau to start a winning tradition at home again.
I wanna see him do that more than anything.
You fans who have gone to Lambeau to see what's-his-face blow those chances deserve to get out of that drought.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1- Injuries (to the key guys like 12, 52, 21, 85, 76, 96, 38, 36)
#2- Refs (see Chicago flagfest game)
#3- Bad luck

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing.

Returning to the SB. Or at least the playoffs.
A-Rod deserves to bring the playoffs back to Lambeau to start a winning tradition at home again.
I wanna see him do that more than anything.
You fans who have gone to Lambeau to see what's-his-face blow those chances deserve to get out of that drought.
It's colder than hell in Lambeau in January, and quite frankly, I think the players would prefer the faster fields, in warmer temps, than play in that crap that they had to play in the final week vs Chicago, and the playoff game at Chicago.

You might have noticed, but that crappy weather slows down our high-octane passing game. These guys don't mind going on the road or into domes like Atlanta.

I just want a bye though. A bye, and a home win, then at whoever. I would prefer to play Philly in GB though.

Jasonfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are my main concerns (other than injuries since that is salways a concern)

1. McCarthy. His clock management and in game decisions are brutal. His clock management blunders lose multiple games per year. He also gets too conservative with a lead. His terrible play calling for example almost blew the Philly Playoff Game.

2.Crosby. Why GB continues to trust him baffles me. The more important the kick the higher the chance of him missing.

3. Our 4th/5th Cbs. Our Top 3 Corners are studs but unless House is good (maybe) or Bush improves (I'll believe it when I see it) we have a huge weakness behind Shields.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are my main concerns (other than injuries since that is salways a concern)

1. McCarthy. His clock management and in game decisions are brutal. His clock management blunders lose multiple games per year. He also gets too conservative with a lead. His terrible play calling for example almost blew the Philly Playoff Game.

2.Crosby. Why GB continues to trust him baffles me. The more important the kick the higher the chance of him missing.

3. Our 4th/5th Cbs. Our Top 3 Corners are studs but unless House is good (maybe) or Bush improves (I'll believe it when I see it) we have a huge weakness behind Shields.
1- I think McCarthy is a very good coach. Very innovative. His clock management has had a few errors, but he's not that bad there. James Jones is what almost cost us the Eagles game, not McCarthy.

2- Crosby has choked every huge kick in career, since his first game ever in 2007 vs Philly. That one was huge.

3- I used to hate Bush, but he was good enough to help us with the Super Bowl, and now we have added one new guy in House who should be better. We should be better at CB than last year. No worries. Aside from the Dream Team, there are no other teams with a better 1-2-3 trio at CB than the Packers.

LG could be a concern, as could DE if Mike Neal can't stay healthy, as said at Packers Insider - Packer Fan Headquarters

Jasonfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is absolutely brutal with clock Management. His clock management and tactics are so bad that even National Media criticize him for his errors. Bill Simmons and Michael Lombardi do not even closely follow GB and even they are well aware of his blunders. His decisions either directly lose them games or make their games much closer than they should be. Just off the top of my head:

-His clock mismanagement lost the 1st Bears Game. He basically allowed them to run down the clock and kick a last second fg, thereby preventing Rodgers from getting a chance to tie the game.

-Philly Playoff Game. After Jackson's 3rd Quarter TD McCarthy put the Offense in shut down mode which basically gave Philly a chance to almost win at the end. Even shutting down the Offense after the Jones drop was a huge mistake.

-Against NE on the last Drive he used up too much time (which was ironic since usually he lets the other team run down the time)

-Against the Bills, instead of using his Timeouts to give Rodgers the chance at a 2 Minute Drive up only 13-7, McCarthy uses 0 time outs and allows Buff to basically run out the clock.

-In the Super Bowl, McCarthy never uses 1st Half Timeout #3. Up 21-10, GB could have had roughly 1:20 to at least try for a FG. Instead, GB gets the ball back with only 39 seconds left and then runs 1 running play to end the half.

Staff online

Latest posts