Biggest concern this season

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's your biggest concern this season with the Packers?

Excluding Rodgers getting injured of course. As that should be #1.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper I expect us to start out at least 7-0(SD is the first one with a legit D and O to battle us) and I hope none of our players will take it for granted like NE's arrogant "dream team" in 2007. Just gotta take it one and a time and work even harder than last year. I hope they can do it.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dropping stupid games, definitely. I don't see the Packers succeeding as "road warriors" two years in a row, so we can't afford to drop the stupid games we seem to always drop. We SHOULD win at least 5 division games. We SHOULD sweep the AFC games. But you never know.

I guess my biggest concern is living up to expectations.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Dropping stupid games, definitely. I don't see the Packers succeeding as "road warriors" two years in a row, so we can't afford to drop the stupid games we seem to always drop. We SHOULD win at least 5 division games. We SHOULD sweep the AFC games. But you never know.

I guess my biggest concern is living up to expectations.

That is also mine along with complacency from immaturity, loss of zeal, MM becoming a micro-managing control freak like the Walrus did.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
biggest fear for me is Clifton going down in game 1. musical chairs at the O line again.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two words - "Special teams"

This. I worry over ST more than any other player or aspect of the team. Maybe it's just left over anxiety carried over from last season but I do think this is the ***** in our perfect armor.

As for injuries, that's a given. I always worry about that but it's more up to fate than anything that can be physically controlled or practiced.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
going to take injuries in general out of the question here, (although I have to admit clifton would probably be the second guy I would be worried about going down and bishop the third). My next worry is that the D can continue to be effective at the pass rushing after losing jenkins this off-season. If neal is what people think he should be this will be a nonissue but as of rigth now CM3 is our only proven effective pass rusher. No other place is in question in my mind, except special teams but they won without that last year so not too worried about that.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Having to go through the same drama on this forum as last season. Can't forget how many the sky is falling moments were on here.

Oh, Ivo meant about the Packers, only freak accidents.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last preseason my biggest concern going in was losing R. Grant in a freak accident and out RB depth....
Sure enough 25 was lost for the season in game #1!!!!!!!!
Ughhh
Thankfully it all worked out and the Pack overcame the loss of their #1 RB.

This season my concern is lack of Depth at the LB spot.
TT made a few cuts and god forbid if 52 or someone else goes down but who steps up.
AND once that player steps up can he fill the shoes of the starting LB that he is filling in for.

I shouldn't have even said this after last year.... Im going to go find some wood to knock on!

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having to go through the same drama on this forum as last season. Can't forget how many the sky is falling moments were on here.

After the Lions Loss..... there was about a months worth of 'the sky is falling' posts! hahaha

:detsux:

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offensive line - Clifton's knees - rest of line health - unsettled guard postion - providing Arod enough time and protection so that he remains upright and healthy.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
On paper I expect us to start out at least 7-0(SD is the first one with a legit D and O to battle us) and I hope none of our players will take it for granted like NE's arrogant "dream team" in 2007. Just gotta take it one and a time and work even harder than last year. I hope they can do it.

Saints are a legit team. That will be a tough game.

Honestly my only concern is Rodgers and concussions. Thats the only thing that scares me.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

This is so true. I'm partly guilty. There were so many games where my heart was in my throat. My stomach was queasy and I was hoping the Pack would just hang on to pull it out. My sons used to sit and laugh at me as I sat on my chair with and "oh no" look on my face. They'd tease me for having no faith in my team. I guess they were right.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
^ Shame on you. How dare you be a mere mortal like the rest of us and hold your breath just praying for a win. j/k

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I think the way our Packers pulled through last year's adversity should be our security for this year. How many times did we all feel doom and gloom? Each time a starter was hurt? Losing by 3 in OT? Having the miserable :chisux: win the division? Yet, look how the season ended!!! Let's not lose faith in our team. (Yes, I do see the world through rose colored glasses and everything is flowers & rainbows)

VBJunkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. Having a weak Pass Rush.
  2. Clifton getting hurt. Not hurt and replaced... but hurt and playing @ 80%.
  3. Coasting. I think we are going to Capers going back to the prevent defense when we are up on teams. He finally ditched it last year. McCarthy wasting an entire quarter with non-agressive playcalling.

Members online

Latest posts