Big Draft Rumor could play big for the Packers.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With 90 days to the draft, the next round of rumors begins.

I maintain TT will be looking to unload the pick, not to **** off the fans, but to acquire more bodies which the team will need.

Read a story that Miami will be hot to trot to trade up to get a QB, and if Green Bay has a shot at Vince Young#5, I think that could be the ticket. The Packers might well swap spots and get another high pick or a player in return. The other option is for Green Bay to pick Young and trade A-Rod to Miami and still get another pick. Young would be miscast in a West Coast Offense however, like Vick is in Atlanta. He needs an offense like Mike Martz runs.

I'm not a personnel director, but I guess I don't see the attraction with Cutler. Matt Leinart has headcase issues, but you can see he will be a solid pro. Cutler looks like his very little brother.

Last year, one of the babbling heads made a good point: your first round should be skill players, your second round should be foundation players. The Packers need both. I still think there's also a possibility they might draft the best running back there if they hold the pick.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mkapp said:
why not keep Vince if we get him and trade off Rodgers?

That is if anyone would want rodgers at his 3 million dollar price tag. Also I dont consider Young a good fit in GB he would falter bad and running Qbs dont have a great track record for health. GB could also try and trade with Atlanta for Schaub who is a proven QB and would fit GB system nicely. I dont forsee GB trading the fifth pick though unless a team is will to pay for it.

Members online

Latest posts