Better without Ahmad?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Well, I was bored, got the highlight video done and uploading so decided to toss some numbers around.

Here are the yards the QB racked up against us...
With Ahmad

and Without Ahmad

With Ahmad we gave up 311 passing yards/game.
Without Ahmad we gave up 215 passing yards/game.

Was it Ahmad that made the big difference or was it something else?

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a big part of it is ahmadbecause alot of qbs got big plays off of him and their where alot of flags on our team because of him.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could say that it was because of the big plays at Philadelphia right over him or the drive sustaining penalties on him. It could also be that the line and running game came together and we controlled the clock better instead of 3 passes and out every time -- giving opponents a lot more plays. It could be that opponents found out that they could run on us. It could be the Woodson finally got his legs under him and started shutting down his corner. You could say that the communication got better between the DBs. I think that it is all a little of each. But most people would say it was Ahmad.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutting Ahmad Carroll was the best move the Packers ever made. Sherman shouldve cut him last year when Carroll taunted the Atlanta bench while the play was still going. But better late than never I guess.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is Trom?

Carroll bit on fakes(causing him to grab) and couldn't find the ball once it was in the air. Even when he had good coverage there was a strong possibility it would be a completion. The guy has zero instincts when the ball is in the air.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is Trom?

I'm here....you guys are doing fine. Ahmad isnt good, most of us knew that for a while.

But he's gone now, cuz this staff (hopefully) doesnt mess around(cutting ahmad, benching KGB).

I'm focusing on my new hero and AC replacement, Patrick Dendy!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had forgatten all about that problem.

Confirms what I thought of Carroll.

But if you want to play with stats look at penalty yards before and after.

Deserving Dendy is better than Catastrophe Carroll.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caroll has been gone for some time now yet the Packer have still given up the most passing TDs in the league while allowing the most points per game.

In the first 4 games of the season the Packers gave up 7 TD passes with Caroll.
In the first 4 games after he left they gave up 6. Is that really better?
How about the 4 games during weeks 9-12 where the Packers gave up 10 TD passes long after Caroll was gone and his replacements were playing every week?
You can't blame Caroll for giving up scores like 23, 24, 24, 35, 34 and 38 after he was gone.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats cuz our safeties suck.

a lot of the TDs given up were when woodson and harris were our only CBs, but they passed along coverage to our safeties who forgot how to play.

but good attempt at trying to be smart.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Caroll has been gone for some time now yet the Packer have still given up the most passing TDs in the league while allowing the most points per game.

How about the 4 games during weeks 9-12 where the Packers gave up 10 TD passes long after Caroll was gone and his replacements were playing every week?
You can't blame Caroll for giving up scores like 23, 24, 24, 35, 34 and 38 after he was gone.

You're gonna just pick some random set of four games to TRY and prove a non sensical point?

Reaction score

I think you are overlooking the other positives of Carroll leaving.

Huge negative was indeed loosing a talent like Carroll. Say what you will, you can't teach speed.

Huge positives:
- Carroll is no longer targeted by the other team

- Carroll wasn't the best of locker room personalities around. I'm sure things are a bit more relaxed and easier with Carroll leaving.

- Carroll probably had some extra sessions with the DB coachs, time that is now better spent in by doing something more productive (like actually teaching players that can be coached and actually have half a brain cell to learn new things)

The latter 2 are probably things that you can't see the fruits of right away. It takes time, especially since someone like Dendy was being activated from the PS and was asked to play NFL level WRs (#3 quality) right away. Not the easiest of things to do. Also, notice how much Woodson's play has improved since Carroll left.... coincedence? Maybe. Or Maybe not. But it's still improved.

So while there may not be significant improvements right away, the Packers are taking baby steps in improving, something which seems wouldn't have been happening if Ahmad was still in GB and playing (we don't need a CB to make things worse for the S's, there bad enough as it is).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember watching a game not too long ago and he was 'inactive' for that game so...take it for what you will.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Would anyone know how much playing time Ahmad is getting with the Jags, and how he's doing?

10/22 @HOU L 7-27 No Did Not Play
10/29 @PHI W 13-6 No Did Not Play
11/05 TEN W 37-7 No Did Not Play
11/12 HOU L 10-13 No Did Not Play
11/20 NYG W 26-10 No Did Not Play

11/26 @BUF L 24-27 No 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

12/03 @MIA W 24-10 No Did Not Play
12/10 IND W 44-17 No Did Not Play
12/17 @TEN L 17-24 No Did Not Play

He's seen action in one game, no tackles no zitch.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutting Ahmad Carroll was the best move the Packers ever made. Sherman shouldve cut him last year when Carroll taunted the Atlanta bench while the play was still going. But better late than never I guess.

Better still Sherman should never have drafted him. To think he passed on Chris Gamble in favour of Carroll :rubeyes:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

You're gonna just pick some random set of four games to TRY and prove a non sensical point?

No Einstein, I picked those 4 games because it was well into the season and after Carroll was long out of the picture.
The Packers secondary got burned big time during that stretch so blaming a player who has been gone since week 4 is the part that is nonsensical.
I also mentioned the 4 games just after Carroll left but you must have skipped over that part while in a hurry to reply.
Try to keep up.
:doh:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Philtration said:

No Einstein, I picked those 4 games because it was well into the season and after Carroll was long out of the picture.
The Packers secondary got burned big time during that stretch so blaming a player who has been gone since week 4 is the part that is nonsensical.
I also mentioned the 4 games just after Carroll left but you must have skipped over that part while in a hurry to reply.
Try to keep up.
:doh:
Who exactly is blaming a player who is no longer on the team and has not been on the team since week four?

I'm aware you mentioned the first four games after he was let go. Let's go with those four games for a minute here.
2 - 2 without him during those four games.

Now, the four games with him, 1 - 3.

The Packers are 5 - 5 without Ahmad.

Try to keep up.

"No Einstein, I picked those 4 games because it was well into the season and after Carroll was long out of the picture." then you say "4 games just after Carroll left". Which is it Einstein?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who exactly is blaming a player who is no longer on the team and has not been on the team since week four?

Gee... I don't know.
Who started the thread and tried to make a point that the Packers are better off with out Carroll?
The Packers started the season by losing to the Bears 26-0. Did Carroll some how keep the Packers from scoring in that game? I know that Brett Favre threw 2 INTS and had a QB rating of 40.9 in that one.
They scored a whopping 9 points against the Eagles, which everyone started referring to as the Carroll game. Brett Favre threw 2 INTs and had a QB rating of 44.2 that in game so I guess that someone has to get the blame.
How about against New Orleans? Drew Brees threw for over 300 yards in that game. Was that Carroll? The guy has only thrown for over 300 in a game 8 times this year and those other seven teams did not have Carroll in the secondary. You think that maybe is was not Carroll after all?
Why don't you wait until the Packers actually stop giving up 30 points a game on a regular basis before you claim that they are better off with out a guy who has not played for the them for almost 3 months.
Carroll is long gone so get over it. You guys said the same crap about Darren Sharper last year even though he went to the pro bowl with the Vikings.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Gee... I don't know.
Who started the thread and tried to make a point that the Packers are better off with out Carroll?

Try to keep up.
Well, I was bored, got the highlight video done and uploading so decided to toss some numbers around.

Here are the yards the QB racked up against us...
With Ahmad

and Without Ahmad

With Ahmad we gave up 311 passing yards/game.
Without Ahmad we gave up 215 passing yards/game.

Was it Ahmad that made the big difference or was it something else?
I never said he was the reason, I ASKED if it was him that made the big difference or was it something else.

edit,
The Packers started the season by losing to the Bears 26-0. Did Carroll some how keep the Packers from scoring in that game? I know that Brett Favre threw 2 INTS and had a QB rating of 40.9 in that one.
Notice QB passing yards was only mentioned in my initial post. Not TD, not Win/Loss and nothing else you decided to throw into this to start an argument. The QB passing yards, thats it! That is all I mentioned. I'm not ignorant enough to think we are winning games SOLEY based on the fact that Carroll is on another team. What do you think I am, a pathetic loser Bear fan? I'd rather eat bleach an die.

They scored a whopping 9 points against the Eagles, which everyone started referring to as the Carroll game. Brett Favre threw 2 INTs and had a QB rating of 44.2 that in game so I guess that someone has to get the blame.
It was because his WR are not tall enough! hah j/k ... Ahmad said he was the reason the Packers lost, it was the first time the kid actually took accountability for his crappy play an big mistakes. Brett threw 3 INT last week and the Packers won, against a inferior team of course.

How about against New Orleans? Drew Brees threw for over 300 yards in that game. Was that Carroll? The guy has only thrown for over 300 in a game 8 times this year and those other seven teams did not have Carroll in the secondary. You think that maybe is was not Carroll after all?
How about the two games after that? 157 and 150 yards?

Why don't you wait until the Packers actually stop giving up 30 points a game on a regular basis before you claim that they are better off with out a guy who has not played for the them for almost 3 months.
I'm not talking about points in a game. Did I post those stats or was it QB passing yards? Try to keep up. Stop adding things to make an argument for yourself.

Carroll is long gone so get over it. You guys said the same crap about Darren Sharper last year even though he went to the pro bowl with the Vikings.
I believe we are over it. I was bored, compiled some QB passing yards and posted a question. I don't see why you have to be childish an make an argument out of it. I never said the same thing about Darren Sharper. I liked the guy and thought he was a good player. Just not good enough to earn what his salary he was projected to make.

Since pinky here doesn't understand basic english I'll try to get everyone back onto the actual purpose of this thread. Sorry for engaging in an argument with whiny Bear fan.

The total yards gained by the QB are posted above (in the main thread post).

The first four games vs the last 10 games the passing yards for the QB have dropped by nearly 100 yards.

Do you think that has anything to do with Ahmad being here those four games and gone the ten? Or is it something else?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, the Packers defense is much better with out Carroll.
That whole points per game and leading the league in TDs passes allowed is just so missleading.

Latest posts