Bears Are Trying To Sign Gardner And Get Info!!!!!!!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears worked out free agent WR Rod Gardner (Packers) Tuesday, Sept. 5. General manager Jerry Angelo and head coach Lovie Smith took a look at what's out there that might help a roster that has not been able to achieve any consistency at wide receiver since training camp opened. Gardner could be the man the Bears choose, and they also could have pumped him for information on the new offense head coach Mike McCarthy has installed as they prepare for the season opener Sunday, Sept. 10, at Lambeau Field. If the Bears sign Gardner before Sunday, his contract would be guaranteed for the season. In a lot of cases, clubs will wait to sign veterans until after the first game so they are not on the hook for termination pay, and one league source indicated that could be what is happening here.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
what good would he do them if they waited till after sunday to sign him?

There picking his brain. Green Bay hasn't shown everything on offense in the preseason. In fact not even close. Chicago is asking Gardner for some inside info.

I think that's a smart move. The Bears D have very little film on the Packers O. That's the one advantage I'd give them in Bears D vs. Packers O.

CloudyFuture

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
what good would he do them if they waited till after sunday to sign him?

his contract would be guaranteed for the season. In a lot of cases, clubs will wait to sign veterans until after the first game so they are not on the hook for termination pay

Not to mention what pork said.....Incidently ESPN 1000 in Chicago said had a copy of the playbook (are at least some plays) with him and the number one goal on it was win the Super Bowl.......

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course the Bears play 13 other teams during the season. You'd think they have better things to do than pick on solely the Packers.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gardner would be smart not to give any info until they give him a big fat contract.
They are using him. Hope he's smart enough to realize that.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats exactly what i thought cheesey.

if he gives too much away before sunday, hes thrown away all his leverage.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wait

this was on our playbook? Incidently ESPN 1000 in Chicago said had a copy of the playbook (are at least some plays) with him and the number one goal on it was win the Super Bowl.......

CloudyFuture

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
wait

this was on our playbook? Incidently ESPN 1000 in Chicago said had a copy of the playbook (are at least some plays) with him and the number one goal on it was win the Super Bowl.......

Yes that was they were talking (sorta poking fun at the packers cause how many rook coaches win a Super Bowl especially with all them rooks. Was on the Sean Salisbury and Rosenbloom show) about it yesterday....

CloudyFuture

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Gardner would be smart not to give any info until they give him a big fat contract.
They are using him. Hope he's smart enough to realize that.

Well looks like they are going to pick him up for sure after the first week and release Justin Gage according to the sun times.......

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sean Salisbury is an idiot. he can make fun all he wants... he was a career backup QB, and hit his television career prime when he was doing play by play for freakin BATTLE BOTS!!

i cant take anything he says seriously... all i hear when he talks is "WOW, Diesector Jr. is really taking it to BioHazard III right now, how is he ever going to get out of that corner!" he sucks

CloudyFuture

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Salisbury and Rosenbloom is pretty funny...Anytime they disagree Salisbury will quickly go to his "I played the game you didnt" excuse even if its baseball or golf they are talking about....If that doesnt work he will go with "well I talked to the GM,/Owner/Head coach (because I have teh connections you dont) and this is what he told ME" speil......

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Sean Salisbury is an idiot. he can make fun all he wants... he was a career backup QB, and hit his television career prime when he was doing play by play for freakin BATTLE BOTS!!

i cant take anything he says seriously... all i hear when he talks is "WOW, Diesector Jr. is really taking it to BioHazard III right now, how is he ever going to get out of that corner!" he sucks

Haha, BattleBots. :lol:
I forgot about that show. That show was weak.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

With all do respect Packnic, one does not have to be a STARTER OR EVEN A PLAYER to be a good or bad analyst or play by play person in sports.

Your point about him being a career backup QB has nothing to do with his on air talent. All it was was a dig at a guy who has accomplished more than you have I am sure.

R.P.

RP

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow that was pretty uncalled for... sorry didnt realize Sean Salisbury fans existed. ill keep my digs to my extremely unsuccesful self from now on.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wait sorry, i had to come back to this....

did i just get attacked because i made fun of sean salisbury...im kind of in shock, what has this world come to.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahahahaha,

btw, guys, I'm on my first leave back home in Norway, for 2 weeks,
and all the guys in our contingent are drunk! including me :D:D

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
me too gakk i mean about the drunk, not the norwegian military thing keep up the good work man.... SEAN SALISBURY SUCKS!!!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Easy big guy, Salisbury is just dead meat. He was when he played and he is still... His last name just happens to be appropo.

Members online

Latest posts