Bear fans take on the Onion.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/11/13/jay-cutler-blames-the-punter-and-fans-go-crazy/

The Onion, you know any smart person knows is satire, "quoted" Jay Cutler

According to an interview with the Onion, Bears embattled quarterback Jay Cutler said the punter is to blame for the losses against New England and Green Bay.

“It’s certainly not an easy thing to say, but at the end of the day, someone has to step up and accept that mistakes were made by our punter, Pat O’Donnell,” said Cutler.

Yep Bear fans took it seriously and flipped out and poor Cutler was given even more heat from un-happy fans for the comments he never said. But hey on the bright side everyone who is not a Bears fan got a good laugh at their uh lack of knowledge that the Onion is fake.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That is a great find, Zeck180! I particularly liked this reply: "Cutler says the bears are in desperate need of a new punter. special kind of stupid." He's right about the special kind of stupid!

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They must be smoking what he is.
And they won't share.The Onion has been around since 1988,started in Madison and is now headquartered in Chicago.I check it out often for a giggle and you gotta see the piece about Chicago coach Mark Trestman adopting a Vietnamese child.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well... in all fairness to Bears fans... this wouldn't shock me if he said this because that entire franchise is about as dysfunctional right now as one can get. Talk about a rudderless ship.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although that's an Onion article, I don't think I'd actually be surprised by Jay Cutler saying something like this

lol... Actually the guy says very little and is totally non-confrontational and that's what many Bears fans hate about him. They want to see him yell and scream more but most of the time he looks high on drugs and half comatose! :laugh:

That poor bastardd really should just retire. Hang up his cleats and be done. :roflmao:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That poor bastardd really should just retire. Hang up his cleats and be done. :roflmao:
Lucky for Packers fans, he'll bank $22.5M this season, $15.5M next year and $16M in 2016. All guaranteed! The only way he could screw that up is retire or commit a felony. (On second thought, nowadays a felony may not screw it up.)

Members online

Latest posts