Barnett's bar-trouble or racism?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
I like how I get attacked for saying that I can understand why race is brought up. Nobody is addressing why other bar owners got chances to clean up their act before getting their licenses revoked and Barnett isn't getting a second chance. I'm not saying it is definately a race thing, just that on the outside it appears that it is possibly race motivated.

edit- It could also be the case that it is Green Bay trying to send the message that Packer players shouldn't get a free pass, which also wouldn't entirely be right because if other bar owners get more than one chance Packer players should be entitled to the same thing. They should get no more and no less.

If you think I am attacking you, that'd be incorrect. I'm not.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was refering to California Cheez who makes it sound like I am full on saying it is a race issue when I'm really not.

The major thing about this case is that in the other articles it says Barnett was willing to hire more security and run a tighter ship and change it for the better. I would agree with you guys if it was Barnett saying that there was no problem with the bar and they are only out to get him because he is black. This isn't the case. He seems to be concerned with what is going on and trying to change it. Why should he not get another chance?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat...I have not witnessed anyone who has attacked you personally. I have seen numerous people, of which I am one, attack your idea that racism was at the fore in this case.

My guess is that you are left leaning in politics, because you confuse the fact that attacks on bad ideas, or mere disagreements on any idea, are somehow a personal attack.

Disagree with affirmative action, you are attacking minorities.

Disagree with out of control and unaccounted for social spending, and you are attacking the poor.

Disagree with same sex marriage, and you are attacking ****.

Funny thing is, I remember in the death penalty discussion, YOU were the one who labeled OTHERS as "ignorant" for having differing ideas than yours.

Kinda pathetic....but typical.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh this is exactly what I mean. I explain why I think it could possibly see why it can be a race issue. I am not being attacked personally but my words are getting twisted around. My idea isn't that racism is at the fore in this case. I just explained how it can be seen as racist, and I even threw in the possibility that it may be because Barnett is a Packer and the town doesn't want outside media to see it as the town letting the players do whatever they want. From what I know about this specific case, racism shouldn't be completely ruled out though. I agree that the race card can be played too much, but you shouldn't ignore race issues because however far this country has come on issues of race, racism is still out there. I am just in the thinking that if there are problems with a guys bar like this and he was confronted about it and threatened with the withdrawal of his liquor license, and said guy understands the problems and wants to fix them, you give him another chance. If said guy doesn't recognize the problems and doesn't plan on addressing them, you take the license away.

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to know what is actually happening that is getting all these complaints. Until we know all the details, it would be hard to make a real accurate judgement. Are there windows getting smashed and stabbings? I dont know, but that would justify why they are taking his license away. Are there a couple of noise violations? If that is the only problem, I would be surprised.

I think the reason his bar is getting closed is mainly because it is supposed to be a restaurant and not a club. It is near many houses and is near a school and residential area. There are no "clubs" in that area. So maybe it is more a zoning problem.

I wanna know more details on what is going on and what the complaints are about.

I will say, it is kinda odd that the officials reacted that quickly to put the cabash to his bar... It has only been there for about a year.... hmm...

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
SuperRat...I have not witnessed anyone who has attacked you personally. I have seen numerous people, of which I am one, attack your idea that racism was at the fore in this case.

My guess is that you are left leaning in politics, because you confuse the fact that attacks on bad ideas, or mere disagreements on any idea, are somehow a personal attack.

Disagree with affirmative action, you are attacking minorities.

Disagree with out of control and unaccounted for social spending, and you are attacking the poor.

Disagree with same sex marriage, and you are attacking ****.

Funny thing is, I remember in the death penalty discussion, YOU were the one who labeled OTHERS as "ignorant" for having differing ideas than yours.

Kinda pathetic....but typical.

SuperRat said:
I think it could possibly see why it can be a race issue. I just explained how it can be ... racist, I agree that the race card can be played too much, but you shouldn't ignore race issues because however far this country has come on issues of race, racism is still out there.

SuperRat said:
I was refering to California Cheez who makes it sound like I am full on saying it is a race issue when I'm really not.

Okay.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Sold as an upscale restaurant, built as a nightclub. Big difference.

So that's why Ryan Longwell left the Packers. FiveSix was too much a disappointment and he was forced to go to Applebees.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow - 3 pages on this topic? amazing! race is not the issue. the issue is that barnett hired the wrong people to handle his bar/restaurant & now he's in trouble - boo hoo for him!!

now, can somebody hand me a captain & coke?? me thirsty!! :)

Latest posts