Barnett out for Monday night's game; Hodge will start

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
By Pete Dougherty
[email protected]

Rookie linebacker Abdul Hodge will make his first NFL start for the Green Bay Packers on Monday night at Seattle because Nick Barnett is out a broken right hand.

Barnett was injured last week against New England and was hoping to play with a protective club on his hand. But after taking part in passing drills only during Friday’s practice, he was unable to practice Saturday.

So, Hodge, who made a splash early in training camp with his strong play against the run, will start in Barnett’s place at middle linebacker. Hodge had been playing on special teams but missed five games with a knee injury before returning last week against the New England Patriots.

This will be the second game Barnett has missed in his four-year career.

I feel bad for Barnett, but yet I am excited about seeing Hodge!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see what Hodge can do but I'm worried that Hasselbeck is going to have a huge return game and torch us. Without Barnett we probably won't use that 3-3-5 Defense that has worked well.

Reaction score
I believe it was the last preseason game of the year, where Hodge was made to look foolish; like he was in way over his head.

11 weeks later, and after missing 5 of those weeks with injury, nothing much will have realisitically changed IMO.

I'll gladly eat my words, I hope I do, but that im my opinion on this matter. :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I believe it was the last preseason game of the year, where Hodge was made to look foolish; like he was in way over his head.

11 weeks later, and after missing 5 of those weeks with injury, nothing much will have realisitically changed IMO.

I'll gladly eat my words, I hope I do, but that im my opinion on this matter. :)

a rookie look bad in preseason? ive never heard of such a thing.

and actually, realistically, healthy or not, you can improve. Ask rex grossman. Technically he finished a full season a couple games ago and this is like his 3rd year, but he learned, practiced,etc, like Hodge is doing. AADP...go read a lawyer book.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Hasselbeck isn't playing retards.

Read the news

John Clayton reported today on ESPN News that Hasselbeck has practiced all week and is expected to start Monday.

Quote from Insider's Injury Report
Matt Hasselbeck is set to return as the starting quarterback after missing four games with a knee injury. He has practiced all week and barring a setback, he will start Monday night.

So have you heard of a setback?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well yesterday as I was watching some college football on ESPN2 it came across the ticker at the bottom of the screen.

It said, "Hasselbeck will not be playing against the Packers Monday Night."

Maybe it said "Will be playing" I forget.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Well yesterday as I was watching some college football on ESPN2 it came across the ticker at the bottom of the screen.

It said, "Hasselbeck will not be playing against the Packers Monday Night."

Maybe it said "Will be playing" I forget.

As of yesterday

Green Bay at Seattle

Packers: DOUBT: CB Will Blackmon (Rib); LB Nick Barnett (Hand); T Mark Tauscher (Groin); LB Ben Taylor (Hamstring). QUEST: CB Charles Woodson (Shoulder); RB Brandon Miree (Elbow); LB Tracy White (Knee); DT Cullen Jenkins (Ankle); TE David Martin (Ribs); RB Vernand Morency (Back); QB Brett Favre (Elbow). PROB: RB A. Green (Knee).

Seahawks: OUT: LB D.D. Lewis (Toe). DOUBT: RB Josh Parry (Foot). QUEST: DT Rocky Bernard (Foot); T Sean Locklear (Ankle); C Robbie Tobeck (Hip).

PROB: WR B. Engram (Illness); QB M. Hasselbeck (Knee).

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HOPE Favre don't need no hope.
BTW I'm always leary of calling other members retards for fear it just might come back to bite me in the ***. Don't know why but it has been known to happen. LOL

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HOPE Favre don't need no hope.
BTW I'm always leary of calling other members retards for fear it just might come back to bite me in the ***. Don't know why but it has been known to happen. LOL

It was funny at the time I was posting it.

I was reading this thread at my friend's house and I thought to myself, "Oh man I'll get these fools GOOD!"

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No worries happens to everyone. Always better to just accept it then when people try to lie there way out of it. All the people with the best humour I know can laugh at themselves sometimes. I'll admit I got excited when I read it