Banner in concession area a few years ago

Gilly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone remembers this banner I saw a few years ago. I drive bus for a living and took the UW Band to Lambeau, I've done this a few different times over the years. They let the drivers roam around a bit during the game.
Anyways, I don't know if this was a famous player on the poster or not, it was pretty much just a head shot, of an old-school looking picture of a player with a helmet on, no face mask, and missing some teeth, and the wording was like the player mumbling due to lack of teeth, you know like "Mouf gawds? Back in my day we deedn't need mouf gawds" (It was even worse/more mumbled sounding than that though).
Wondering if anyone remembers this and what company it was for, or just something Lambeau Field had made up. I am guessing this was maybe 3 or 4 yrs ago. Definitely after the renovation, I think it was the second time I was at Lambeau after the renovation.
Always great to get up to Lambeau, The first number of times I took the UW Band there was when the band got to sit on aluminum bleachers on the sidelines, so the drivers got to go sit with the band, so the only games I've seen in person at Lambeau have been from the sideline! Changed all that after the renovation.
Gilly (Evansville WI)

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am going through the threads, and I was curious about "Gilly"....for some reason it got my brain firing and I just had to find out why. So I relaxed and the name Gillingham pops into my head...and then I think that sounds like a packer I remember and sure enough I find Gale Gillingham, born in Madison, played for the Packers and is in the Packer HOF. Well that was interesting....maybe he was called Gilly by his team mates, BINGO! So you are using the name Gilly...co-incidence or not? Anyway, now I can get some sleep, and it was fun researching.

OP
OP
G

Gilly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah a coincidence, but Gilly is short for my last name.

As an aside, I think the banner I am thinking of might actually have been advertising for a dentists office (like a larger dental practice, like a dentists association) in the GB area. Anyone remember it? Maybe it's even still there.

OP
OP
G

Gilly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah a few, the last time was after the "first" crackdown and was a bit tamer, have not driven them since the latest crackdown (a couple years ago).
Prior to the first time I was forwarned about them, I told them my mom and wife were off-limits (for comments) but that's about it, and we got along OK.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah a few, the last time was after the "first" crackdown and was a bit tamer, have not driven them since the latest crackdown (a couple years ago).
Prior to the first time I was forwarned about them, I told them my mom and wife were off-limits (for comments) but that's about it, and we got along OK.

anything you want to share? I had friends on the band who were pretty crazy

OP
OP
G

Gilly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see any of the stuff you read about (when the crack downs occurred) but it was pretty rowdy.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spent some time googling Lambeau banners, and nothing came up. I'd like to see that banner.

UW band has as much fun as the team with a few less injuries. That bus must have been hilarious.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you could email the Packers office to find out about that banner?
Seems like a funny one.

OP
OP
G

Gilly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to email the Lambeau office to explain it to them but all I am seeing is phone numbers, as far as any sort of general question. There are email addresses for the ticket office for example.

Regarding the bus, yes it was hilarious. It did get "old" after awhille though, it was one looonnnng day! Would love to do it again sometime, but it's just not the same since the LF renovation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts