Bad game

BigPlay31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pickett was missed a lot, one of the big reasons why we got man handled on the line of scrimmage most of the game. The game really showed us how valuable Pickett is to the team. Brett looked so uncomfortable the whole game and Jon Ryan has been a solid punter so he just needs a hug... Lets take the 2nd seed and put this game behind us.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, don't give the Packers even that much credit. They flat out didn't even try today. Apparently the 2nd seed was good enough for them.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget about it!!! It's over with, time to look foward!!!
12-3 with The Lions to go then playoff time, who on this forum predicted this at the beginning of the season!!!

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps getting spanked is just what the doctor ordered. One would hope MM whips the boys into shape for that disgraceful effort. We need our O-Line to play way better than they did today if we plan to go far in the playoffs.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps getting spanked is just what the doctor ordered. One would hope MM whips the boys into shape for that disgraceful effort. We need our O-Line to play way better than they did today if we plan to go far in the playoffs.

The O-line let Wrs get open, missed tackles, threw ints, and dropped passes?

Stupid O-line. Cut em all.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we could've stepped up defensively we should have went to Grant almost exclusively.

After we made it 7-6 it was crucial to make a stop and then go to Grant and chip away and win the game. But when we needed the D they weren't there which is very concerning.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we could've stepped up defensively we should have went to Grant almost exclusively.

After we made it 7-6 it was crucial to make a stop and then go to Grant and chip away and win the game. But when we needed the D they weren't there which is very concerning.

Wasn't the D backed up in the redzone because of a bad punt due to insane weather?

Packers suck(apparently)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, we couldn't punt today, special teams killed us today, we could never get into a good rythym, forget about it, the coaches will do their jobs this week and hopefully lessons will be learned, better this happen now then in a couple of weeks.

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we beat ourselves today. this was a game where we went in with a very young team in the cold that they are not used to... Hopefully the cold doesn't bother them into the post season or we will barely make it bast the second game.

LonelyPoet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is Mike McArthy going to say now.... "The Bears are who we thought they were, we let them off the hook,.. if you want to crown them crown their ***"... that was one pathetic performance by Packers. I am a great fan of them and I've been watching them for nearly 10 years now... never seen such a bad performance. This is a good lesson, no matter what comes at you, on any given sunday, the packers must put all they have and win their games. There is no excuse for them, the weather, it was what packers are known for and it is what they are best with. Now they should re-group and come back... nothing less than a superbowl will compensate for todays bad bad performance

LonelyPoet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, we couldn't punt today, special teams killed us today, we could never get into a good rythym, forget about it, the coaches will do their jobs this week and hopefully lessons will be learned, better this happen now then in a couple of weeks.

Why was the punter on the field in the first place.. they couldn't even get one snap right. Yes you are right we should get into a good rhythm next week onwards and learn from all the bad plays we played so far this season. There is no resting.... there is no way one can say anything about injuries. It is all out war. Do or Die. We must win the superbowl. This team is capable of doing it and they will do it. We will see.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't you punt by throwing the ball?

I thought there was a rule for that a long time ago...

(We used to do it on the street...)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed Buckeye.
Now let's go beat the Lions.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-8 last year means NOTHING right now. I also don't want to hear the "Wake-Up" call garbage. We had a wake-up call 3 times this year, are we up yet?

The O-line and Def. cost us this game and the blame should lie there. The others guys can blame it on the conditions but these 2 units have no excuse

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
weren't we 8-8 last year

It doesn't matter, On any day Packers losing to Bears is inexcusable. Period

I agree. The 2 teams I hate to see us lose to the most in the NFC, we got beat by 3 times. I hate losing to da Bears. The whole thing is no matter what happens next week, Lovie Smith will call this year a success because he swept us. And you know that too. :(

Now, let's go on and beat the Lions and get some good morale before the playoffs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We had a wake-up call 3 times this year, are we up yet?

The O-line and Def. cost us this game and the blame should lie there. The others guys can blame it on the conditions but these 2 units have no excuse

A wake up call as far as going into a game you should HAVE WON easy, and look like you are just mailing it in..That is a wake up call they needed..

They DESERVED to lose this game...They flat out STUNK it up..

but in same breath I think this was a game not an indication of how they are...The condistions were no help either...

A team doesnt end up being 12-2 ( b4 the game ) by being bad.

I am ready for the Lions...

See how the Pack respond which I think they will be fine.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-8 last year means NOTHING right now. I also don't want to hear the "Wake-Up" call garbage. We had a wake-up call 3 times this year, are we up yet?

Exactly...I don't care where we were last year...my problem with today's game was the pitiful display of effort and game planning (or lack there of). Putting our KRs on the goal line, no effort to establish any sort of a passing game (even though the bears were successful). Can't snap a football to save our lives...

The pack were a bunch of wimps today...that's what I'm ticked about.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
. Putting our KRs on the goal line,
Yeah I didn't understand that either. You would think that by the 4th quarter MM would figure out that they werent going to kick it that far. :-? Eve Joe Buck kept saying, "I'm no genius, but the kick returners need to move up."

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's doubtfull we will see those conditions again this season. I think we can handle the cold and snow but when you factor in the wind too then it's a totally different story. We are still a passing team even with Grant. As long as we can make the short passes we do well. Our team is very young and aren't use to playing in those condtions yet. We have a few who have seen harsh contioions like that but the majority haven't. Even last year I don't remember any really harsh conditions like that. The bears on the other hand have more vetrans of the cold playing on the line and in linebacker positions. They have 2 guys running the ball and their line was blocking well for them. We were getting beat on the line on both sides of the ball.

I think most of the loss could be because of our youths inexperience in the cold. We will gain that as we go. This was a hard lesson to learn but at least they are learning it early in their carreers with the Packers. They will get better in these conditions as time goes on.

My $00.02

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we'd have been better off having Favre throw deep to hester from punt formation :p

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we'd have been better off having Favre throw deep to hester from punt formation :p
I kept wondering why they didn't just go for on fourth down and let Brett heave one deep you would have had a 50/50 chance on a first down plus that could have built momentum.

Members online

Latest posts