Bad calls by coaches

Madfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was struck by three bad calls by coaches in today's playoff games.

One was the fake kick by Minnesota where Moss walked off the field and Ferotte had nobody to throw to. I'm not blaming Moss since there would have been 12 on the field if he would have stayed. But the ST coach sure must of goofed up.

The second was the pass short of the endzone at the end of the first half by the Eagles. No field goal as Levens caught the short pass as the time ran out. Did McNabb forget about the time? Did the coaching staff forget about the time? I don't know!

The third was the Colts direct snap tirck play where the ball was snapped to James while Manning appeared to change the play. Innovative play, but somebody forget that it is illegal if Manning places his hands under the center.

There sure have been a number of poor calls by coaches this year. It seems to be spreading.

Sandra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Madfan said:
One was the fake kick by Minnesota where Moss walked off the field and Ferotte had nobody to throw to.

That was my favorite part of the game! :cheerleader:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A credit to Moss though, he walked off because one of the lineman screwed up, they would have had too many men on the field had he not left... Nice play Vikes :urstupid:

OP
OP
M

Madfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I did enjoy most of the game and that missed fake kick was the highlight. A Viking fan at work even forced me to take the Eagles in a $1 bet. It is not the dollar value it is the joy of seeing the Viking lose.

It would have been far better to take the penalty from 12 on the field than to destroy the play. Another coaching goof.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
A credit to Moss though, he walked off because one of the lineman screwed up, they would have had too many men on the field had he not left... Nice play Vikes :urstupid:
Did they confirm that.. last I heard they weren't sure if it would have worked out that way or not. It looked like not everyone was on board with the fake... and THAT's why Moss did another walk-away!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They showed a count on SC and there was 12 men on the field until Moss stepped off. Credit to him. :shock:

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have been far better to take the penalty from 12 on the field than to destroy the play. Another randy goof.
This says it all, if randy would have followed though with this play and it worked ...the worst thing that could have happened is a 5 yard penalty. At least the vikes could have kicked the three then!!
The problem with the play was Randy Moss walking off the field!!!

Members online

Latest posts