AZ Game Notes

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah, I know it's only pre-season and all, but it would have been nice for our 2nd team offense to be able to score going up against the main portion of their 2nd team defense. I fully understand pre-season has nothing to do with regular season, but from a mental standpoint it has to be nice for the young guys to get a score or two, right? Pre-season/regular season/post season.....I like to see wins

MM admitted to not game plan (which I said in shout at the time of the game) he also admitted he was looking at individual players performances. Did he want to score, sure, did he want to win sure, but wanted to see how players performed in one on one match ups

Why do you think they went for it on 4th down near the goal line? Didnt they run 3 times and pass once to Finely?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM admitted to not game plan (which I said in shout at the time of the game) he also admitted he was looking at individual players performances. Did he want to score, sure, did he want to win sure, but wanted to see how players performed in one on one match ups

Why do you think they went for it on 4th down near the goal line? Didnt they run 3 times and pass once to Finely?
Passed to James Jones-left & Finley-right in that 4-down sequence. Rodgers was 0-2 there which is a shock, but won't happen again.
THey Ran twice.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
we have more people to run than just starks......
Lacy was inactive due to injury, so your options for short yardage are Starks, Green, or Kuhn. I think I'll have the best QB in the league throw to the guy who had the most TD's in the league last year, or maybe a TE. :tup:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah, I know it's only pre-season and all, but it would have been nice for our 2nd team offense to be able to score going up against the main portion of their 2nd team defense. I fully understand pre-season has nothing to do with regular season, but from a mental standpoint it has to be nice for the young guys to get a score or two, right? Pre-season/regular season/post season.....I like to see wins

I get it, and it'd be nice to see wins now, but we tend to have a lot of growing pains in pre-season as we sort through all the rookies and UDFA's every year to see who develops.

I really don't care about wins in the pre-season. I look at individual performances. I mean, sure, at the end of the day, I'd still rather see a win than a loss, but knowing it means nothing, I'd sure rather be a team that loses in the pre-season than one that goes 4-0 in the pre-season and 5-11 in the regular season.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Lacy was inactive due to injury, so your options for short yardage are Starks, Green, or Kuhn. I think I'll have the best QB in the league throw to the guy who had the most TD's in the league last year, or maybe a TE. :tup:

lol...we do have one rather large option....hand off to Raji.....remember that one?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I agree on you guys points, well taken. Me, personally, I was brought up to win,win,win under any circumstances, so I like to see wins even if then don't matter. That's just me.

Hey, at least we are not like the browns, they have kicked *** in the last 4-5 years of pre-season and aint done jack **** in regular season, so I see your point on that too.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree on you guys points, well taken. Me, personally, I was brought up to win,win,win under any circumstances, so I like to see wins even if then don't matter. That's just me.

Hey, at least we are not like the browns, they have kicked *** in the last 4-5 years of pre-season and aint done jack **** in regular season, so I see your point on that too.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that, it's just competitive nature. It's hard to separate the pre-season and say, this doesn't really matter. But it's true, it really doesn't. To the coaches, evaluation is more important than final score at this stage. I remember one year we actually did an onside kick with a tie score in a preseason game near the end of the game just to avoid going to overtime.

And I'm sure it's in most players competitive nature to want to win. And to some of the guys, they are outright fighting for a roster spot, so to them this is just as important as anything else. But from a team standpoint, I just hope to see us improve this weekend from last. Especially guys that I expect to contribute during the regular season, like House and Terrell Manning.

One positive is that our probable two starting tackles, Bahkriati and Barclay, played well. That will be as crucial to our success as almost anything else. I'm hopeful Lacy will be active this weekend.

Members online

Latest posts